Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

A while back I told you all I'd been busy with other projects and promised pictures and have finally have gotten around to editing and posting them. Here is just a sampling of what I've been doing all summer.

webgourd1-300x374.jpg

gourd6.jpg

gourd3.jpg

gourd2.jpg

webgourd2-400x300.jpg

So glad I'm done and can back to bears!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wow, Bonnie . . . what stunning things you did to those gourds!!  I'm guessing you sell these fantastic creations somewhere?  LOVELY!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Bonnie,
Those are absolutely fantastically BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hugs &

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

OH my, what a talent you have! Not as cuddly as bears, but very pretty and artistic. .

I hope you make more! :clap:

Thank you ladies for your nice comments! :hug:

Yes, Sue Ann, I do sell them. Mostly be word of mouth. I f I ever get a website I may put a few on tere from time to time, but I'd much rather concentrate on bears. Bears are  less work, more fun and as Heather pointed out, much more cuddly! bear_flower

hugs,

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Fantastic!!!!!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Bonnie they are magnificent, what a wonderful talented lady you are.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Wow, they are amazing , I'm in awe!!  bear_wub   bear_wub  I love horses and that one is pure beauty  bear_wub   bear_wub  Is it carved? So amazing!!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Those are wonderful!!!
Your so talented!

Stellajella Wien

Bonnie, amazing! They look wonderful!
What do you do to these "fruits"?Are they kept somewhere to dry ?
Real nice pieces of art!

Show us more, puuuullleeeaaazzzeeee!

Gaby bear_flower

Celena Oxford

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  bear_shocked  AWESOME!  bear_thumb

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Bonnie, they are so wonderful !!!!!!  bear_wub
I never saw such a beautiful gourds!!   :clap:
Thanks for posting.  :hug:
hugs
Marie

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Bonnie they are all so fantastic. What a talent you are!

I'ts great to see all the other wonderful creations our bear artists make, thank you for sharing them. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Big Beary Hugs,

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

AWESOME!  I am always amazed and awed by different artistic venues.  Those are so cool and SO wonderful to look at!  My absolute FAVORITE is the second one.  THAT is simply splendid!! (as though all the others aren't....)  SO cool, Bonnie!

Kimberly W

Terrie Terries Bears
Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

Bonnie, those are just gorgeous!!!! They look like they would take a long time to do.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

So cool Bonnie!!! So beautiful!!!!  I love the chilli one and the hores one too  bear_wub
xx sarah

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

WOW, I thought it was pottery.  When I read they were gourds I was so amazed.  They are so beautiful  Bonnie.  I've never seen like them before.    :clap:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Bonnie the gourds are awesome. What a talented lady you are.

Hugs Jane.  bear_flower

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Bravo Bonnie :clap:  :clap:  :clap: They are marvellous peace of collection. How do you find your ideas? They are so different, can't choose wich one i prefer bear_thumb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:

WOW!!!

What you've done to these gourds is simply amazing!  Beautiful work!! bear_thumb I've a bunch of gourds in my basement I've been meaning to do something with, but I know whatever I do won't come close to yours.  I am inspired and humbled all at the same time! bear_grin

bear_wub &  :hug:
Tracy

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Wow ,pretty nifty!!!!!
Wendy

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Just beautiful, Bonnie! I love the fantastic shapes bear_wub

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Wow, Bonnie! They are simply fantastic! I LOVE the second one, so beautiful. What amazing talent you have!

Thank you all so much!!

I'm a little overwhelmed by the response these have gotten. You've really made my day!

Shari, the horses are actually sculpted in poly clay and baked right on the gourd.

Sarah, the chilis and horse gourds are my favorites too.

Renae and Kimbery, that particular gourd may be spoken for. I will know for sure in a couple weeks. Renae, at first I didn't know which on you were talking about when you said the "butterfly" one. What looks like a butterfly is actually just a decorative accent. Now I wish I had made it a butterfly! bear_original  Here is a close up:

gourddetail1-400x300.jpg

There are some accents on the back too:
gourddetail2-400x300.jpg

Gaby,     I grew these gourds myself and allowed them to dry on the vine. Here are some pics and a little more background on the process. Plus some a couple more finished gourds since you ask.  bear_original

The raw dried gourds are rather ugly, dirty and moldy:
drygourd400x236.jpg

As you can see, they have an outer skin on them that is peeling off. They have to be soaked, scrubbed  in a bleach solution to kill the mold and thoroughly washed. Sounds icky and it is, not to mention a lot of work, but the outer skin and the mold are what give each gourd its unique mottled appearance as you can see on this cleaned gourd:
gourdmottling400x533.jpg

The insides then have to be cleaned out, bleached and scrubbed too. Sorry I don't have a picture of this step. For me this is usually the worst part as the insides can be a lot harder scrape out and clean than the outsides. Labor intensive! Once they are clean though you have a wonderful, unique, blank canvas to work with.

webgourd6400x306.jpg

gourd1.jpg

Thanks again to everyone for your nice comments and interest in my gourds!

:hug:  :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Bonnie THANX!!!! :hug:
Now I know what gourds are  bear_grin - we donĀ“t have them here...
Fantastic what you do out of them!!!!!!
Not only are you very artistic bur also very accurate in your work. The black flowers are probably carved or burnt into the outsid and then painted, and they are so exact! Wow....could never be from me! :crackup:
BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Thanx again for sharing your art with us!

Gaby bear_flower

Board footer