Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Quote from a message from Winney's hubby posted on Cheap Chat (and it looks like it' OUR Winney unless I confused with someone else???:

"This is winneybears husband. Sorry to pass this news to everyone. Winneybears has passed away on wed. AUG 16 AT 4:18 AM."

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

I just cannot feel my words to tell what I feel. I did not know Winney very well, but I feel so sad for her hubby!

Is there something we could do for him?

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Oh no. This is awful. I knew she was not well but then something like this happens. Hopefully someone will post who knows Winney better, I know she had lots of friends. I quickly popped in (still no broadband!!!) to see what was happening. I once had a lovely email off her, and its so sad. Bless her and hubby.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I've contacted Shelli as I saw this on CC. She's trying to find out if it is the same Winney (aka Loretta).

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Gemma... thanks again for contacting me.  I did some sleuthing at Cheap Chat and came up empty, but I also checked our own User List and in fact Winney (Loretta Rock) does go by the business name "Winneybears and Friends", so I fear this is, indeed, most likely our beloved Winney.

Damn.

I've been acquainted with her for some time and exchanged some personal mail, but as someone else wrote on the forum just the other day, she's been out of touch for a while. 

Is there anyone on the forum who knows how we can reach her family with condolences???

If so, please contact me or one of the other help advisors privately, to protect the family from bots and spam which make posting personal contact information so iffy on the web.  We can coordinate some kind of expression of grief, as well as gratitude for having had the chance to know her great spirit.

Thanks all, for your compassion and kindheartedness.

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

This is too awful for words.  :pray:

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Winney's last post was 09July, only 1month and 2weeks ago...
I hope this is not about our winney....if some one know about her please
let me know. 

hugs
Marie

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

This is sad news indeed... I know she had mentioned that she wasn't well, but I really didn't think it was terminal...

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh my, I'm shocked....I hope that we can find out...this is so sad.....

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

And keep all of us posted !! SO sad ,SO sad. Every one lift a prayer for him and her.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry
Am awaiting confirmation with a heavy heart.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hi all.

I've received contact info for Winney's husband so that's wrapped up.  This sad turn of events is a first for TT so I need to talk with the other HA's about the best way to proceed as a forum community.  Winney was one of our first and most active participants and especially those of us from the "early days" here knew and loved her well, so I think some kind of gesture is absolutely warranted. 

She'll be terribly missed.

carsoncreations Carson Creations
Macomb, IL
Website

Shelli,

I was so hoping our Winney was not the person we received the sad news about. .... I remember when the forum first started she always had a good answer to any and all questions regarding sewing and making bears.  She had a wealth of information and experience.  She will truly be missed by all here, especially those who have benefited from her generous sharing of information and experiences. 

Let us know what we can do.

Hugs,

Wanda

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

That is aweful. bear_cry   I can not imagine what her hubby must be feeling.  If someone wants to do smething for him let me know.

Stellajella Wien

Terribly sad news!
My sympathie goes to Winney´s family, because it is so terrible to loose a loved one just liek that.

Gaby bear_flower

ArtHeart Kran-Beary's
Thunder Bay ON Canada

How incredibly sad to hear this news.   She will be terribly missed.   
Awaiting confirmation.

nt

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I feel very sad to hear about this. Still hoping it might be a different person. If its indeed our Winney, I'd like to add my deepest condolences.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

This is the second bear artist who meets a premature end, at least during the time I've been involved in the scene. The other being Laura Pedosuk. My heart is heavy again. bear_sad

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry

This just breaks my heart...Winney was so very helpful to me when I first started out.  I owe so much to her for silly little things she helped me with.

I will miss her terribly.

Roxanne Bear Paws by Roxanne
Odessa, Tx

bear_cry We will miss her.... With Gods grace our strength remains..... As we say goodbye.....
Heaven is sweeter with her there  bear_cry

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Please keep us posted about sending condolences if this is indeed our Winney.  Oh how terribly sad to lose such a wonderful person.  I always loved her glam shot in the gallery . My heart and prayers go out to her husband and family.    .   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh my goodness! I just feel ill. This is so terribly sad. Prayers and love to the family and Winny will be terribly missed.

Hugs Louise

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Oh my goodness, this is so very shocking. bear_sad   She will be truly missed and my heart and sympathy go to her family.

Catherine
x

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

This is very sad news. I always enjoyed Winney's posts and learned so much from her. She was always knowledeeable, helpful and fun. The impression I got of her from this forum was one of a funny, brave, and lovely lady who always kept her chin up even when she wasn't feeling well. I miss her and my heart and prayers go out to her family.

Shelli, please let us know if there is anything we can do for her family.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

We are still waiting to hear from all the HAs about what to do concerning Winney's death.  I am so stunned that one of our dear TTers is suddenly gone from us.  I, too, loved her 'user photo' . . . what a lovely, talented lady!  She will definitely be missed.  We will get back with more.   bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

Pipa UK

oh no how dreadful !!!!!! My thoughts & Prayers to everyone who knew Winney & Winney's Family !!

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

OH NO--Winney was such a sweet person and such a great help to a beginner like me. I feel awful.

Board footer