Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering how you get on selling your bears through your mailing lists?  I have got a mailing list of people that have adopted bears from me and also people that have seen articles in magazines about me and asked to join my list.  Everytime I have a new bear I send out an email to them all, telling them a little about the bear with a photo.  I always try to keep it friendly and clear but I don't seem to have any luck selling through this mailing list.  How do you all get on?  Do you do anything special with your mailings? 

I'd really appreciate any suggestions to improve this,
Thanks a lot,
Bear Hugs
Catherine

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hmmm.... yes, I do sell the majority of my bears to people on my list.  I'll often give "list members" a special... free shipping or 10% off, depending on the bear...

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I agree with Laura. We have wonderful luck from our mailing list. 8 bears have gone in the past 2 weeks due to that mailing list. I am always encouraging people who inquire about a certain bear already adopted to join and send them notification of new bears. I have the majority of my sales that way. They may not buy the new bear but maybe one that has been on the site for a bit. It is a great tool.

Hugs Louise

Antwerp, Belgium

bear_sad  It must just be my bears then...

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

It isnt your bears, they are wonderful!!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

It is not your bears at all Hon! Your bears are wonderful! The mailing list has just started working in our favor. It can be like pulling teeth to get someone to sign up. I find if they inquire about a certain bear that is the time to get them to sihn up for the mailing list.

Your bears are fantastic! You will find that list will start working in your favor. You will see! Just keep plugging at it. Remember this is off time for bears. It is not your bears my Dear, your bears are beutiful, your mailing list will work for you.

Hugs Louise

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Catherine... as in another post, I have gone through this same thing... I think my bears are good but only sold one so far.... and i am going through being upset becuase they arent selling but like someone pointed out it is "off season" for bears - i look at it this way, I will have more inventory for the holiday season!

Antwerp, Belgium

Thanks everyone

Catherine

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Oh Catherine!  It is NOT your bears!  It seems to go in bursts.... for a while a few people on the list seem to be doing the ordering... then it changes as to which people are in the bear adopting mood....

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hello Catherine,

I've had lots of requests from previous buyers to put them on my mailing list - trouble is I haven't got one and haven't a clue where to start!!!:(

Don't think it's your bears - they are absolutely gorgeous!!;)   I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps at the mo - the last 2 bears I made are disasters - Ugh!!!   Oh the cost of the materials:mad:

Chin up, you're a wonderful artist and friend to us all!!:D

Nicholasville, KY
Website

Oh Clare!  I just use Yahoo groups bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I use Bravenet.  I did use Yahoo Groups but people who don't know about Yahoo Groups didn't want to sign up to be part of my mailing list.  So, I switched to Bravenet and it helps.

I have luck through my mailing list- I find it very handy.  The girls are right Catherine, it's not your bears, they are really beautiful.... IT's just so quiet at the moment...

Danni

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Claire...when is your show coming up???
Sorry to hear the last two bears have been discouraging...don't give up..just cut out another and plug away. Maybe try something new!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hi Hayley,

I'm going to do some pattern cutting in a mo...........!!   Thanks for your encouragement!!   I'll let you know how it goes!!;)

Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Clare, I don't do anything fancy for the mailing list at the minute. I just get people to send me an email if they want to join.  I then put their details into my mailing list book, and then when I have a new bear I just send out an email to them all, putting their names in the BCC section and sending it directly to me, that way each person receives it as an individual email and can't see the other emails on the list... for privacy.  Does that make sense?  Really it's so easy, especially as I'm not into the hundreds yet for the list! Sure you could do this :)

Thanks for your encouragement,
Catherine

Board footer