Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Majbritt Nørresundby
Website

Jack2.jpgjack.jpgI just finished my first bear. He's a kit I bought at Christie's in UK. He turned out okay. I did learn a few lessons, but that's also what practise is for.

I started out putting the leg on wrong, so the foot was turning backwards :rolleyes:

Then I didn't fill the nose firmly enough, so it was really difficult to embroider the nose :/

Then I couldn't get the ears attached as well as I liked, but I'm sure I will learn all the little difficulties with time.

I took some pictures of him, one with a doll holding him. I collect Himstedt dolls and sew outfits for them. I made the dress the doll, that is holding him, is wearing.

Now I have started on a traditional miniature bear, also a pattern from Christie's, but with Sassy fur. That stuff is awesome bear_original

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

He's fantastic for your first ever bear!  bear_thumb

sarahjane Brisbane

Wow!!!...I can't believe thats your first bear...he's great!!!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

He is really cute.

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Wonderful bear!  I actually have a few "regulars" of mine to buy dolls specifically to go with their dolls... your dress for that Himstedt dolls is beautifil by the way!  Hey, before you know it you'll have so many bears that your mindset just might change into, "Now, what kind of doll would look absolutely gorgeous holding this bear!"   :dance:  :hug:  bear_wub

Welcome to Teddy Talk!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme  Originals

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

That is just wonderful work for your first bear.  May it be the first of thousands!  With every bear you make you will still keep learning.  I don't know how many I have made now, but I still am tweaking them all the time.

Pipa UK

Wonderful first bear!! as for the ears i think loads of bear maker hates sewing on ears hehe
Well done on your lovely bear !!!  :clap:

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

First bear is terrific, Majbritt - welcome to Teddy Talk!  I also love your doggy - so cute!

Jennie Teddybears Sweden
Gavle, Sweden

Hej! Nice to see a bear artist from Scandinavia on Teddy Talk!  bear_original You made a great first job on this teddybear and you will learn sooo much each time you're making one!

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Your first bear?? He's great! What a perfect size for your doll! I love her dress too!

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

This is a brilliant first bear Marjbritt.......and you see you are learning so much already....each step in our wonderful

craft is a learning curve....well done!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Hugs,

Yvonne  bear_flower

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Congratulations - he's cute.

You realise bear making has a health warning - THIS HOBBY IS ADDICTIVE.

Whose your avatar friend?  sweet face................

tinybear-dk TinyBear
Denmark

Hi Majbritt

Welcome to TT. Great first bear.
Just wait - you cannot stop again.

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

That's a wonderful first bear and I cannot wait to see your next one!

This dress you made too is adorable!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Nice job! He is a real cutie, not bad for your first attempt!  bear_thumb
Aerianna

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Welcome to TT Majbritt . 
You must be really proud of the bear, you did a super job for a first time !   :clap:  I'm sure this won't be your last bear.  You'll be addicted like the rest of us. 

You also make beautiful clothes for the dolls.

pma2003 Seamore Collectibles
CT

For your first bear, you did great!!  My first bear had and still has her leg on backwards.  But it's okay.  You'll learn much more and I'm sure you're already planning on making another one.

Majbritt Nørresundby
Website

Thanks everyone. The dog is my 5 month old puppy, Cosinus. He's a miniature schnauzer and so much fun. He's very interested in my teddy bears and dolls and already got a hold of one of the cheaper dolls, so now I'm more careful. But I bet he had lot of fun.

BevsHuggables Bev's Huggables Plus
Leland, NC

He is adorable! Love the dolls dress.

Marlenabears Marlenabears
PA

:rose:

image00112.gif
Hello Majbritt!!

Welcome to this wonderful place!!

I am sorry that I haven't visited, to see your post and welcome you before now!!

I love  bear_wub  your little bearkid!!  bear_thumb  You did really GREAT!! :clap:

I know that Cosinus would especially LOVE to hug him also!! :crackup:  :crackup:

Here is a photo of one of my Himstedt dolls, holding the second little bear that I ever made... 000_0472tippi.jpg

I will take a photo of my first one, but be prepared to laugh your head off!!! :crackup:  :crackup:

I haven't touched my bear making in quite awhile, but maybe now that winter is soon approaching I will.

Everytime I come here I get inspired!!  bear_laugh

Wonderful to 'see" you here!! bear_wub

Hugs,
bear7.gif
Marlane
100_2893.jpg

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Wonderful first bear. All the best for your future creations!!!!!!!!!!!! bear_thumb
Love your teds as well Marlena. They have wonderful noses. bear_flower

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

He's great, his feet have turned out so well, very nice. His face has great character and i bet your next will be even better!
bear_wub
Beautiful dolls too! I collect Ball Joint Dolls, they keep me poor and i must not buy any more!

Penny  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Majbritt,  You did a very nice job especially for a first time bear.  You're on your way!

Board footer