Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I loved seeing everyones bears when they were posted.I've been in a funk lately and have been unhappy with the last few bears I've made.I thought I would try something totally different and new to me.Here's the bear I just finished,I needle felted his body(my first time,what fun! bear_laugh )and made a traditional head ,etc.Okay,be brutal,what do you think?
Picture3675.jpg

I hope he makes you smile,he sure was a lot of work.I think I'l call him Finian for Fred Astaire's last musical,"Finian's Rainbow". bear_grin bear_laugh
  Hugs and blessings,Shari.

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! Fantastic. I think you are so clever to needlefelt the body. Really this is your best work. It's so original. I love the eyes too. Did you paint them yourself? Get ready for the compliments!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Shari he is outstanding! You have done a beautiful job of him. I love his face his feet and his costume! Wonderful job!!!

Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Shari , what am amazing bear!  Are you selling him? Very original and I love the colors.  Great job girl!

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

He is great!  I particularly love the eyes and his feet.  No more talk about being in a funk.  He is wonderful - precious face.

Jill

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Shari Shari Shari ♪

Oh, Finian is soooooo adorable ! :D
How did you do that ? Needle Felting
for body !? Can you use usual joint ?
Do you put something in felting???
Sorry, I am so curious curious...... :P

Thank you for sharing photo !

PS. your didn't like your previous bear!? I think you are been too hard for
your self ! bear_sad  I think your bears are
fabulous♪

PS2. Sorry I have nothing to share
now but  I am working on new one!
he he
Hugs/Marie

Black Forest Bears Haus of Bears, Inc.
Largo,Florida

Shari,

He is georgeous, there is nothing I dont like.
His face is soo cute, and the color combination is super.

How did you attached the Head to the felted Body?

Rita

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oooh wow SHARI!!!!!  The bear is adorable!!!! I love polars, and his body is so usual, but it really works!!  WELL DONE!!!

Gina, all three bears are adorable.

Thanks for sharing!
Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Wow Shari-wowowowowowowowowow

Oh my goodness!  Fabulous.  Fantastic.  Original. Unique.

WOW

You are one increably talanted gal- that's for sure.

Wow

just took another look

Wow

Dilu:rolleyes:

mj Pinney Bears
North Carolina
Website

mj Banner Sponsor

Shari
I think he is just wonderful!!!!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi girls,just got back form work and discovered all your warm and wonderful replies to Finian's picture.Thank-you,thank-you ,you girls really know how to boost a gal bear_laugh bear_original
Amanda,yes I did paint the eyes,I have been doing that for a while but I tried some of the tips I learned here from these great gals! ;)
Judy,thank-you,I am honored by your praise and yes,I just listed him on eBay,wish me luck!
Rita,I have to confess my secret,I cheated,I made the body out of wool,jointed and stuffed,then I felted like the dickens.
Thank-you Danni,Dilu,MJ,you gals are wonderful and so supportive,why didn't I find you girls before?
Thanks Louise,Jill and Marie,your all so sweet,can't wait to see your bear when it's ready Marie.
Gina,your pictures are adorable,good job!
Okay girls,your turn,who's next,show em if you got um!! bear_grin bear_laugh bear_original bear_original
Blessings and bear hugs,Shari.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Gina !! What a cute little bears you have made!!!!!
I thought your bear is more bigger ones but
they are so small !!???  it's amazing that you can make
a such little bear and able to make perfect cute face :D

Hugs/Marie

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well done Shari, thank you for showing your unique creation with us, I think you have done a wonderful job there, he is very appealing as well.  You should be proud.  How big is Finian?

Also Gina, your bears are very cute as well, thanks for sharing.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Hi Karen,thanks so much bear_laugh Finian is 16".I just adore your avatar,so adorable!! Hugs,Shari.

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Shari, that is a great effort for a large bear, can't wait to see what you come up with your next project.

Thanks for the compliments as well.   Well I only hope next time I am going slow patch with my work, I am turn out some wonderful work as well, you have inspired me, thanks.  bear_happy

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Sharimy friend he's wonderful, fabulous, terrific, gorgeous, splendid, handsome, etc.etc!
you have made such an original bear there I just love him. Well done you!!!!:) bear_original bear_original bear_original bear_original  bear_original bear_original 
Gina  what cute little bears! I think my favourite one is Gumpy, I bet your son loves him very much.

Jane

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Okay I just want to post a message and see if my Avatar works.  If it does Hunter is his name and he is the very first bear that I designed.  I named him after my grandson.  Im so excited to see if this works!!!  Small things seem to get me excited but you got to take them when you can!!

Jane

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jane, Hunter is a GREAT bear!  Nice work!  And Shari, your needlefelted bruin is so creative and colorful and the painted eyes look like they turned out really well.
bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

Wow! Two Janes that's gonna be fun.
Jane Hunter is a cutie, please share more of your pictures.

Janey doodle......AKA....... Jane

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari I LOVE your bear, he is so original.  The colors are fantastic and I love his eyes.  I'll be rooting you on on your auction.  I'm sure he'll do super !

Gina, your bears are sweet.  I too like Gumpy, he looks so huggable.

Jane, Hunter is fabulous for your first design.  You must be so thrilled.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

I'm not too pleased with this bear but I made a photomerge of him so you could see him anyway.
benjiphotomerge9wa.jpg

Jane

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Jane,he's very handsome and so realistic looking,great job!He has so much expression,hey,I thought you were resting. Take care Jane.

Blessings and hugs,Shari.

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Jane(of Canada)! Hunter(the bear) is adorable and his mohair is so gorgeous, shining ! good job :D

Hello Jane(of UK)!!  What are you talking about !? Benji is the great realistic looking BEAR!!   I loooooove him ♪I can tell you,
you did allot of extra work on him bear_cool He has lovely nose, neck, and cute foot pad♪

Thank you for sharing photos.
Bear Hug/Marie

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Jane he is really cute and looks like he has a great personality!  I love his expression.

Thanks for the nice comments on Hunter - WOW what a boost!!!

The other Jane!!

CA Jane

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shari, Gina, UK Jane, and CA Jane . . . all of your bears are wonderful!!  And welcome to the the board CA Jane!!  I'm a little late chiming in here!

Board footer