Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Pages:
Dilu Posts: 8,574

I am not back by any normal stretch of things, but am trying to bop in and see what new and beautiful ideas you wonderfully creative minds have come up with. 

Actually I am supposed to be doing my exercises, but right now there is a 5 acre fire at the end of Naue, which is 2 miles from us, but the wind is blowing the other way....so I am not too worried.....just mentally deciding where all the teddies i have gotteon from so many of my teddy friends are so that I can throw those puppies in a pillow case with my dad's miniatures and some gollies and my own patterns.  Priorities. Right?

Think about it , if you had to completely redo all your patterns?  The idea makes me want to cry.  So the hubster is out scoping out the fire situation and I am taking a break.  My heart wasn't in to the exercises tonight anyway....I'm not sure why....I think i did too much yesterday.

Hope everyone is doing well....i am not even going to try to catch up with 2 weeks of stuff from you guys......even without me you all still talk a lot.  Would there be a dint if both Shel and I stopped?  Hmmmm  :crackup:

I took some mini teds to sew to the hospital...and I had 2 of my own already done.  The nurses were....welll....the push overs I always said they are for mini's and teds.....

They told me about 2 kids on the same floor who had bone surgery.  Our floor was all bone surgery.  Poor babies.

Well like I said nurses are push overs.....

I came home with a new knee and missing two little teds....but I have it on good authority that the 2 wee ones were happy with their new little teddikins, that could fit in their pocket and go to physical therapy with them.  Mastercharge can't buy you that!

I see Our Daphne is still over doing it.  Honey I had to laugh when I read your post.  didn't surprise me a bit.  I love your optomism and confidence!  It can be infectious and that is good here.....keep us posted!  by the way, hows your dad?

I see Kimmy has come up with some new darlings, as have all of you...I love Judi's new woodburning.  Very impressive.  i can't remember much else right now.

One of the smart things I did when we picked up all the prescriptions was to put the hubs ibn charge of medicines.  I knew I would get goofy and forgetful and think i took something when I didn't, or worse take double doses.  I am very glad i did that-He is doing a great job, and I don't have to think, and not think is something I do so well right now.  I can't remember things at the moment so I will close with hugs and golly kisses to all....I think maybe I can remember more tomaroow....

dillywonkersly

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Dilu,

So glad to see your post!  We miss you!   :hug:    How do you feel? 

I really hope that fire stays far away from you.  Please keep us updated about that - we're worried about your health and now we have to worry about the fire.  I know what you mean about taking your bears and gollies.  I've evacuated for hurricanes many times, and I always get worried about all my bears along with family pictures and videos, etc.  Sometimes I've taken some with me, but it's hard because I didn't have room to take them all. 

Have you been doing your exercise except for tonight?  Do your exercises, but don't overdo either!

I'm glad your husband is taking good care of you. 

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Miss you big time Dilu!!!!!!   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  :hug: Just not the same around here without you!!!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yea, Dilu is back!

Wow, did we feel your absence!!!! Imagine how much MORE you'd have to catch up on if you'd been here. No wait, that didn't come out right! Point is... we missed your long and entertaining posts!!!

Glad you were able to pop in and hope you can pop in again soon! I'll pray for the fires to get under control and the wind to blow AWAY from you in the meantime!

Thanks for asking about dad.... I don't have good news. Pneumonia is back...bacterial... fear of it entering the blood stream..... more antibiotics.... his crocheted bear will be a work in progress for a long time I'm afraid... but this thread isn't about him. It's about YOU!!!

Don't come up with too many excuses for not doing your exercises and don't over due it!!!!  Stick to the program... it's really important so your brand spankin' new knee will work right!!!

How sweet of you to give your bears to those kids!!! What lucky children!

Thanks for checking in!
We've missed you, Dilu!

Hugs to you and hubby too!
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Daphne

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Dilu our Darlin Dilu! We are beside ourselves so happy that you are back! Love yah Girlie!

Many Hugs Louise

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

Dilu, Hey my friend, You take care of yourself!!!!!   :hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Dilu, it is wonderful to hear from you and please, please take it easy and don't overdo it!!!  Things are just not the same without you!  I hope you can come back soon, but just go slowly.  I'm not surprised that you are minus a few teddies - you are such a softee - please take care of yourself.

hugs,

Brenda

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

HI Dilu,
do those exercises but don't overdo it!!
We want you tioptoeing through the daisies with your gollies sneaking up behind you!  Watch those foires they can be so sneaky, when we have them loval I get a bag (or15) with stuff that I couldn't leave behind and wait.
Hope to see you aruond soon.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Dilu, its so great to see you back!  I hope you get better really quickly, but like the rest of the girls say, don't overdo it!
huge hugs  :hug:
Sarah

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

If I know kids, they will cling to those new teds like there is no tomorrow... Dilu that is SUCH a Dilu thing to do!!  bear_wub  Giving those babies something to hang onto like diddy lifesavers as they go through something horrific...

:hug: We have our Dilu back!!!!!!!  Its soooooooo goood to see
posting again  :hug:   Daphne's right...take good care of yourself and we'll see you sprinting past us on your new knee  bear_thumb   Meantime, take plenty of rest, and good care of yourself  :hug:  bear_wub

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

Hi Dilu
Great to see your colorful big happy posts here again! Rest up and try not to handle the meds until you are back up to speed. Hubby hanging on to them is a good idea. WHILE YOU WERE OUT.. (ALWAYS WANTED TO SAY THAT) we did an ATC swap.. did ya know that?? lol
Anyway, I already sent yours and hope you go it ok. Don't worry about sending mine until you feel better. Big Hugs
Sonya

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

HI Dilu,

So wonderful to have you back with us all, we have been missing you terribly - I know I have been!!

Hope you're feeling better!   Good luck with those fires, I cringe now at the slighest smell of fire.

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

:hug:  :dance:  bear_laugh DILU's BACK!!  bear_laugh  :dance:  :hug:

Take care of yourself, sweet Dilywonkers, we missed you too much to lose you again!

Eileen

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

bear_wub

HELLOOO WONKYWOO

bear_wub

I am soooooooo glad that the op. went well Wonks and that you are home again.

You'll soon be up and about but till then....get a goat to give you a carry!  bear_tongue  bear_grin  bear_laugh

Get Well Soon Wonks  bear_thumb  bear_flower  bear_tongue

PenPen :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

woman_on_goat_vintage.jpg

Stellajella Wien

uuuuuuh! now I know where to post!  bear_grin
Hiya Dilu!
dilua.jpg

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Dear Dilu,
I am pleased that all went well. You were and are in my thoughts. I am in Cape Town at the moment spending some time with my son. We had a lovely teddy bear show on the 1st May on a wine farm, and when I get back home I will download the pictures onto my computer and share them with TT.

Keep up with your excercises,
beary regards
Lynette

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

DiluHome.jpg

Lovely to see you back here with us Di!

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

arg-get-well-soon-url.gif

welcome back  :hug: Dilu :hug:
Hope you have a speedy full recovery... bear_original
Lanie x

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Yay, Dilu!!! Lovely to see you here again, you've been missed! Keep doing your exercise and above all....stay safe (I hope that fire poses no serious threat).

bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Dilu is back ♪♪♪

:bday:  :bday:  :bday:

I'm so happy to read your post !!!!  2weeks felt like 2month for me.  bear_cry
Please take care of yourself, Dilu.  :hug:  We missed you so much.  :hug:

Hugs/Marie

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Lots and lots of love and hugs, dear Dilu ! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Take care !! bear_wub

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

cb870799dadeb5fce426f3723807594a.jpgHello Dilu,
                  Glad your back among us again, we all missed you something awful. take it easy and do what your told,for now anyway.....    Get well Soon. Hugs Rita xxx

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Dilu it's so great to see you post again!  Even if it is just a little bear_original  Stay safe,... and about "loosing your patterns".... what I do is I scan all my patterns in.  But they are not just up on my computer, I upload them to my own personal Yahoo group too... (that only I can access) so I have them on 2 computers basically... one off site.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Dilu,

Welcome back!  I expect that with that new knee you'll soon be running a few marathons.  I know a few people who have had the replacement operation, and they are all very happy with the results.

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh Dilu...it is so nice to see your post again.  As you can see you have been greatly missed by everyone.
I do hope you will be 'playing basketball again soon'.... bear_grin   Did you ever?

Take wonderful care of yourself and let us know how you are doing periodically...hugs to you,

nanc.....

Pages:

Board footer