Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I am really cross as some dumb idiot has hijacked my Ebay account and put things up for sale. I don't know what other damage they may have done as yet. I can not sell or bid on anything and I was watching something that my son really wanted. I have reported it to Ebay and forwarded three emails that I am not sure about. I have received emails from people who are interested in buying the football game tickets that have been put up for sale under my name...should I ingnore them or tell them it is a fraudulent sale offer? Really my blood boils at the cheak of these rottern people who just spoil things for other people. I have just checked my account and Ebay have pulled all my sales so I have now lost the people who were bidding on my bears also Ebay has frozen my account so I can't do anything other than look. I don't want to have to change my id. as I have a 100% good feedback and I would loose this if I did have to change things.
Venting over.......

Hugs a very cross Jane.  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry

gotobedbears Posts: 3,177

OH NO!!!!!!!!

Blooming heck Jane  bear_shocked 

Have you tried contacting eBay on their live advice thingy? I have the link to it somewhere but i have posted it here before so you may be able to find it.
This is awful  bear_angry  bear_angry  bear_angry

No wonder i did'nt hear back from you bear_noexpression

I hope you get it sorted out quickly Jane  bear_thumb  :pray:

Penny  :hug:

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

Oh dear!  bear_shocked
I hope it works out for you in the end!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

chris009av Real Deal Bears

oh no, how did they manage that!!!!
It really is the pits.
Hope you can sort it out.

jazzyrags Jazzy Rags
nsw

Jane how did they get in to you account? cause i had the same thing happen to me but i open a email they sent thats how they got in .

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Hi Jane - I would be hopping mad in your situation too, and I hope you get some joy from eBay and a quick resolution. The idea about going into live help is a good one - at least you might get a few questions answered more quickly that way.

I mentioned on another thread that I did a stupid thing recently by opening a dodgy e-mail (supposedly from someone interested in an item of mine) and then (duh) entering my username and password on the page that came up. The second I clicked OK I realised it would be a scam, and changed my passwrod just in the nick of time. I like to think I'm pretty eBay savvy but this e-mail trick caught me out (late at night and tired).

I could call these people a few choice names but I'd probably get kicked off TT.... :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

Irene Irenours-bears
France

I think that you just have to very quickly change your password, not necessary your ID

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Oh Jane.  ACK!  These hackers are getting very crafty!  Shame on them.  bear_angry  I would do like LIsa and try and call them...even change your password like Irene suggested.  Scarey...very scarey.

Let us know how things turn out. :hug:

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

That's terrible..I can't for the life of me work out why Ebay can't stop this sort of thing...you would think with all the technology that they could make it impossible to do this sort of thing....
Hope you get it sorted soooon!!

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

thats rotten I hope yo get it sorted soon. I would be fuming!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

bear_cry   bear_wacko   bear_cry 

:hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Arrgh Jane, how annoying are these idiots. 

I really hope eBay can sort you out soon and keep you going with the same id.

:hug:  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Jane, I'm sorry this has happened to you!  I hope ebay responds quickly!!!!   I think I will make my ebay password a little more difficult.  Take care.

hugs,

Brenda

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Jane! Tha is absolutely aweful! I hope you sort things out my Dear! Try not to worry it will all be fine in the end!

Many Hugs Louise

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Soooooo sorry, Jane . . . hope it's worked out soon!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh Jane, I'm so sorry!!  :hug:  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:   :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Jane   :hug:

I am so sorry to hear this has happened.  Hope it all works out ok.

Danni

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Pity there isn'tan icon for thumping someone that's what I'd like to do to them!!

Sorry it happened to you.

Koala Adorable Bears
Shepparton/Victoria

This also happened to me about 6 months ago. I changed my password but will not use ebay until they offer more security.
Susan
www.adorablebears.com.au

Board footer