Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

My family have just found out our Auntie Sheila has cancer. bear_sad

Sheila Deacon is a wonderful lady... She lives on the Isle of Wight UK...

sheila.JPG
ive just been sent this by my aunty Jennie.
Sheila on the left Jennie on the right..

She is full of spirit... She even re-married a few years ago 'to a toy boy half her age'... Shes an absolute rage...ALWAYS BUSY ... AND LOVES CRAFTING...

The last three years have been so awful to her... bear_sad

Three years ago she had breast cancer but she beat it... bear_original

last year Garry her son our cousin was found deceased at home he wwas only in his thirties... bear_sad

And last week she fell and broke her hip bone , sadly they hve found cance r inside the bone but are doing futher tests. She has now been rushed into hospital for chemotherpay. bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_cry

SHE HAS SO MUCH TRAGEDY SUROUNDING HER  THESE LAST THREE YEARS  bear_sad

WE ARE NOW AT A LOSS OF WHAT TO DO AND SAY...

COULD I ASK EVERYONE TO PRAY FOR SHEILA...I BELIEVE GOOD THOUGHTS ALWAYS HELP...

I FOUND THIS VERSE BELOW ON THE INTERNET LOOKING FOR INSPIRATION TODAY..
IT MADE ME REALLY THINK I DO SO MANY OF THESE REALLY SILLY THINGS...I BET YOU ALL DO TOO...

If I Had My Life To Live Over
by Erma Bombeck

(Written after she found out she had cancer.)

I would have gone to bed when I was sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren't there for the day.

I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melted in storage.

I would have talked less and listened more.

I would have invited friends over to dinner even if the carpet was stained, or the sofa faded.

I would have eaten the popcorn in the 'good' living room and worried much less about the dirt when someone wanted to light a fire in the fireplace.

I would have taken the time to listen to my grandfather ramble about his youth.

I would have shared more of the responsibility carried by my husband.

I would never have insisted the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I would have sat on the lawn with my children and not worried about grass stains.

I would have cried and laughed less while watching television-and more while watching life.

I would never have bought anything just because it was practical, wouldn't show soil, or was guaranteed to last a lifetime.

Instead of wishing away nine months of pregnancy, I'd have cherished every moment and realized that the wonderment growing inside me was the only chance in life to assist God in a miracle.

When my kids kissed me impetuously, I would never have said, "Later. Now go get washed up for dinner."

There would have been more "I love you's." More "I'm sorry's"

But mostly, given another shot at life, I would seize every minute...look at it and really see it ... live it ... and never give it back.

Stop sweating the small stuff.

Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.

Let's think about what God HAS blessed us with. And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well as spiritually.

PLEASE PRAY FOR HER  bear_original ....
Lanie x

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Lanie, the verse is very touching  bear_wub  I'm sending heartfelt prayers to your aunt and family as well as hugs of support for you  :hug:   :hug:   :hug: She beat it once, I'm sure she must be a good fighter with a positive attitude and that's half the battle.

Heartfelt hugs and blessings,Shari.  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Be certain that I will keep your aunt in my prayers.  Remember "With God all things are possible".

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

nettie scotland
Website

Isn't life unfair sometimes???Auntie sounds a real corker too.I hope she gets a break from whoever it is that decides.She sounds well loved which is more than many people have.Best wishes to her.
I liked the verse.I think I do live that way most of the time.I don't care much about cleaning if the sun shines and I do hug and kiss my daughter far more than my mum did me.We also read poetry together in bed at night when we should be sleeping.Sounds Like your aunt has not wasted her time either.
Thinking of you
Diane xxxxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I'm so sad to hear this news Lanie. I will keep your auntie in my prayers.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Hugs Jane.

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Thank you  shari nina and sam for your posts  :hug:
I really hope she can beat it again.. bear_original  bear_thumb
We are now going to vist in the nxt hoilday if shes up to it... bear_thumb
Dianne you've made me smile, you sound just like i try to be... bear_thumb  :hug:
Thats what my little Bethany loves tooo.. HUGS AND STORIES AND SONGS AND POEMS... bear_original

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Beautiful words to lilve by, Lanie.  We should all print this out and keep it in plain view.

Hugs , Prayers, and good thoughts for your Auntie. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

Esmerldas Esmerldas
Colorado Springs, CO

We will add her to our prayer list.  And all of your family as you support her through this!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Lanie,  bear_flower
That is sad news.   bear_cry  bear_cry I'm so sorry.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

I've always enjoyed reading Erma Bombeck.  This peice by her is especially poignant.  I struggle with the first line all the time.  And this line (Don't worry about who doesn't like you, who has more, or who's doing what. Instead, let's cherish the relationships we have with those who do love us.) is one I always told my children while going through junior high and high school.  It's very powerful and quite relevant even here on TT.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I will keep your aunt in my prayers!  :hug:

K Pawz Guest

Lanie, my prayers are with your dear aunt..

Hugs,
Krista

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Oh Lanie Hon! We are so sorry Dear! You and your family are in our prayers!

Many Hugs Louise

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Yes of course, Lanie,

I will keep your Aunt and your family in my prayers

hugs

dilu

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I am so sorry :hug:  Just know we are here. Your family has my prayers : :pray:

piegabaer Speyer/Germany

I will keep Shiela in my prayers. :hug:
Cancer is an awful sickness and I know a lot about it because of my family, so I can feel with you...

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Lanie, I'm so sorry your aunt has cancer - I will definitely keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

So sorry, Lanie!  You and your family are in my thoughts.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'll keep your aunt in my thoughts and prayers.  Sending many bear hugs your way.  I like the poem you posted.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

My thoughts go out to you and your family.
It sounds like your Aunt makes the most of life, both in good and bad times.

Lynette

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

I'm so sorry to hear about your Aunt.
I will keep your Aunt and your family in
my thoughts and prayers.  :hug:

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Thank you so much everyone..
I keep reading the verse by Erma Bombeck its uncanny how true it is has been to me during my past life, and how like my husband it is now he drives me mad somedays bear_whistle  while i seem to have slipped the opposite way as ive got older.  bear_grin
Sheila has got a good husband. Mike and he is looking after he at home.  She unfortunately seems to have been hit quite badly by depression which is understandable.  So everyone is keeping their distance at the moment.. Giving her the space shes needs to adjust...
Thank you again everyone for giving her the time to be in your thoughts and prayers.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Amen to Erma--I'm pushing 62, and it's not the great hairdos and clean rooms I remember as important, it's the laughing and snuggling and sticky toddler kisses.

Lanie, I'm keeping your Aunt Sheila in my thoughts and prayers too. What an awful shock for her, on top of the others. I hope her doctor will treat her depression as well as her cancer.

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Eileen

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

sheila.JPG
Ive just been sent this by my aunty Jennie.
Sheila on the left Jennie on the right..

The results from the tests came back today..

The cancer they have found in her hip is apparently a rogue cancer from when she had breast cancer two years ago.

The surgeon has removed her  hip bone and think they have taken most of the cancer out with it.

They think they may be able to treat it , and she is now starting four lots of radio therapy on her hip.

GOOD NEWS IS SHES FEELING VERY POSITIVE. bear_original

SHE HAS BEEN GIVEN HER OWN 24HR Mc Millan Nurse. bear_thumb

So im happy shes getting the best of care... Thank God...

Thank you Eileen.

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Lainie I am so sorry to hear of your sad news ........ I think if your aunt is of a positive mind it goes along way towards healing...... my thoughts and prayers are with you and the family..

Board footer