Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Picture1.jpgI'm very worried about my cat Cassie. She's a beautiful, semi long haired white cat and she is injured. It started a few nights ago.She goes out in for the night as she is awake all night and very noisy but she wants to go out and hunt. We live in the country and I always worry about wild animals getting a hold of her.   bear_sad  The other morning when she came in there was a lot of clumps of white hair by the step. She seemed fine and came in and slept all day as usual and went out again that night. She always comes in around 6am when I am up having breakfast but she wasn't home. It was Saturday and we were out for the morning but still no Cassie all day long.She did finally come home around 10 that night but I thought she seemed to be limping a bit. I checked her over and she seemed fine. I told my husband to leave her in and if she was too noisy I would let her out. She asked to go out around 4am and came in at 6am and ate and disappeared. When I checked on her around supper time, I realized that she could not put any weight on her right front leg. She stayed in last night and has hardly made a peep. I did feel her leg but I'm not sure if it's broken  bear_cry   bear_cry
bear_cry  I am seeing the vet this afternoon.
Oh, she hates the ride to town and screams all the way and throws up in her crate.I really can't afford big vet bills right now but I need to be sure she is okay. Have you ever had a cat that can't walk on one of her legs, could it be a sprain? I'm very worried.  bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_cry   bear_sad

Thanks for listening and if you have any experience with this I would like to hear the outcomes.  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Oh Shari!  You must be just heartsick.  I'm so sorry your Cassia is hurt.  I'm afraid I don't have any stories for you.  I can send positive thoughts and prayers though!!  Oh, and hugs too......lot of those.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

I wish I could help, Shari.

Couldn't she have a thorn in her leg?

It happened a few yimes to Malko's parents cats and they were behaving like your cat when it happened.

Don't worry too much: i am sure the vet will find out what's wrong!

I send you lots of positive vibes!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Keep us posted about Cassia.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls. I just loaded her picture(from last winter) on the post , my daughter had "dressed" her for a 4-H photography project. I am very worried,I am her "person" and have lost every cat I owned to tragedy so far  bear_cry  Never had a cat more than a few years. I'll keep you posted .Thanks for the hugs and support.  :hug:   :hug:

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari, I'm so sorry to hear about your kitty !  I hope everything is o.k and she'll heal on her own.  Hugs to you and Cassia  :hug:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shari,
     I just went throught the same thing with my cat Thumper.  We were away last weekend and a neighbour let him in an out.  When I came back,  I noticed that when he sat still, he held his left paw in the air, and there was a large lump at the first joint.  Thing is, he would walk on it and I could move it back and forth.   A neighbours cousin is a vet and he happened to be visiting and took a look at it, but was sure it was just a bad sprain.  He thinks Thumper was running and possibly went over on his paw, the way we do on our ankles.  It's been a week and the swelling is down and he no longer holds it up, but if I even look like I am going to touch it, he will bite me very hard. LOL!  Hopefully Cassia's problem will be the same thing.  Maybe something was chasing her and she stumbled as she ran?  I really hope that's all it is - she is a real beauty!  Keep us posted, please - I hate to see animals in pain.

hugs,

Brenda

nettie scotland
Website

It sounds like a pull or sprain.Cats don't tend to eat properly when in severe pain.I hope it is just a case of anti infalmmatory's.All my dogs have had sprains.Our cat survived poisening with creosote and so far has had nothing else(touch wood).Fingers crossed for th wee soul.She is a beautiful cat.I feel with cats you have to run the risk of injury etc if you want them to have the great time yours has.They all deserve to be out having adventures and I bet they would't swap it for a boring safe indoor life.Keep in mind that she is living the perfect life for a cat.
Diane xxx

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

one of my cats broke her back leg once, the vet put a plaster cast on just like on a person, she was soon running about as good as new. I shall be thinking of you and your poor Kitty I do hope every comes out as well as for my old cat freckles

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Shari . . . she may have an infection from some sort of wound.  I've had a gazillion cats in my lifetime and seen many infections.  Is her paw swollen?  I can empathize with the experience of having to drive miles to a vet and having screaming cats in tow, but you must get her to the vet.  If you don't get it treated, it could become quite serious.  Here's hoping that it won't cost and arm and leg for the treatment and big hugs for you!

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh I hope the vet says she is ok!!!!
sending well wishes.............

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Thanks girls  bear_wub  bear_wub  I just realized after reading replies that I spelled her name wrong in my first post :redface:  It's Cassie ,I was so worried,I couldn't even spell straight  bear_tongue
I'm pleased to say it is a sprain but the drive there, the visit and drive back was so stressful that she took off into the woods and I went searching for her but she keeps hopping further away bear_sad  I think she is angry at me  bear_cry  I'm pleased she is okay but I want her in the house where i can keep an eye on her.
:hug:   :hug:   :hug:  for your supportive messages. bear_wub

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Shari,
My suggestion would be...Bach Rescue Remedy...Herb stores or natural food stores should carry it. I have had wonderful results with it...especially for 4 leggers:) I am sure you can find loads of info about it on the web also.
Sending you & Cassie calming thoughts!
Hugs,

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

So sorry to hear about your poor Kitty cat, Shari. Never nice when they are not well and can't tell us what is wrong.

I did accidently step on Heidi our dogs paw once and that made her limp for a while and I felt so bad about that.

I have just read your post and see the Vet has said that it is a sprain - hope that you can keep her in the house
and sending good wishes that she will be feeling much better.

Hugs
Carolyn

bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Shari, sorry to hear about your cat - what a terribly worrying time for you.  Glad to hear it's just a sprain though.

I'm sure she'll be back soon - as soon as she's hungry and over the vet trip!

Danni

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

poor Cassie - glad it's only a sprain. It's the clumps of fur by the door that
I worry about - what was she tangling with?? I'm sure you have her up to
date on her shots though. I can't be smug, it is only luck that my cats don't WANT
to go outside. I know how determined they can be.

A trick my vet suggested has worked well for us, though it might not have
been good for you this time. My kitty gets upset & pees when he is in the car.
So instead of going into the crate, the vet suggested putting him in a big
laundry bag. Not being able to see stuff HAS in fact kept him calm enough to not
pee (he still yells & pants & gets sweaty paws, but lack of pee is awesome) I still
have the crate bottom (it's the top & bottom plastic kind) under him in case he
does leak. but the last 2 trips have been a lot better for him (& me)

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Sending many hugs your way.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Board footer