Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Yes, I'm going CRAZY!!!:|:/:):D:lol:

No, actually I'm not! I had a question to post and also wanted to tell you about the yummiest little snack I discovered today!!! So, I'm combining the two.....

First the yummy thing.... Nestle Toll House Swirled Morsels.... Milk Chocolate & Peanut Butter!!!! I'm in heaven!!! Yup, eattin' them right out of the bag!!!! I suppose they'd be good in cookies but doubt I'll have enough left in the bag for that!!! Besides, why go to all that trouble???:lol: OK, I'm being good and not having the whole bag all at once and it's better than eating a whole pint of Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream (my former addiction). Other than these I've quit eating chocolate so please don't yell at me!!!:/

Now, the question....

Has anyone stumbled upon BLACK fiberfill?????? I know they make black batting for quilting but I want black stuffing. When I make my four legged black bears trying to get all the stuffing out of the seams and trying to brush the stray fibers away is a real pain.... I wonder if fiberfill can be dyed??? What a mess that would be!!!

I'll go back to nibbling, err..... sewing now!!!

Hugs,
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Ick . . . black fiberfill???  Good luck, Kiddo!

Donna Donna's Duin Bruins
Burbank, CA

Daphne,
About five or six years ago a bear friend had some black fiberfill.  I don't remember where she got it but at that time she was doing a lot of business with CR Crafts.  You might check there.  Have you tried an internet search?  Don't quilters have a black batting?  I don't think fiberfill will dye well.  You could airbrush it black after you get the seam closed!

Donna

Jill West Palm Beach, FL

Daphne -

I just purchased a small bag of black fiberfill at Joann's Fabrics.  It was in the aisle where they sell the doll supplies.  I have not used it yet, but it was on sale for $1.00 a bag so I bought it.  I think that CRCrafts carries the black fiberfill also.

Jill

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Who knew that they would have black fiberfill!  Wow, this is new to me!  I will have to remember this!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Wow, news to me too! I searched for it at least a year ago without success and hadn't done another search before I asked the question of you all last night. Guess I need to do more research!!! I'm going to go all Jo Ann's right now after I check out CRs Crafts!
Thank you, Donna, Gina & Jill!
Sue Ann, you don' have to use any!!!:P:D
Daphne

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I found some in the CR Craft catalog.

I used to use black batting cut up into tiny pieces-but decided it was too much trouble- so My order to CR Crafts will include that...better for the gollies, don't cha know....

dilu

Board footer