Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_cry My rat terrier, Midget, is sick and seems to be getting worse despite treatment.  She started having pee accidents that were totally abnormal for her and just acting generally down.  I took her in to the vet Saturday.  She had a low grade temp and general malaise.....the vet thought it was urinary infection and treated her with a shot of antibiotics and then 10 days of tablets.  Well......today she seemed to be worse than she had been so I took her back.  Her temp was quite high this time.  The vet said palpating the bladder wall showed it is thickened which is consistent with bladder infection, but can't figure out why she didn't respond to treatment the first time.  She got another shot.....big one this time.....of a different antibiotic and corticosteriod to try to kick it in the butt.  I have to continue with the twice daily tablets too.  He said she should be feeling quite a lot better by tonight, but so far......no improvement! bear_cry  bear_sad  I am sick at heart right now.  I've had Midget for 6 years and she's been close to me that entire time.  I'm so worried.......any prayers you gals can spare for her would be so very much appreciated!

This is a picture of Midget and a kitten I bottle fed about a year ago.....she always wants to be 'the mom' bear_wub ....

chubbyandmidget12.jpg

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Oh Tracy, that's so horrible.  I hope she starts to respond or the vet can figure out what's going on with her.  I will definitely keep her in my prayers!

Big hugs :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Oh Tracy - I am so sorry your little Midget is sick and how sad it is when our beloved pets are not well.
    I really hope that there will be signs of improvement with the shots that the vet has given this time.
    My thoughts and prayers are with your Family and Midget.

Hugs
    Carolyn
      bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I know, as many of us do, how awful it feels to have a sick pet and feel sort of helpless while you wait and wait for it to get better. She's in great hands with a very loving mom.... have patience....

Hugs & Prayers,
Daphne, Tucker & Riley (woof, woof!)

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Thinking of you and your little Midget Tracy..it's so hard when they can't tell us what's wrong isn't it.
Hope you see some improvement soon.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Thanks gals! :hug:  :hug: It is so very hard to see her like this and not know what to do to make her well.  She looks at me with those eyes that say, "Mom, I feel so rotten....."  I hope by morning there is a noticeable improvement (still isn't tonight.....just the same as she's been bear_sad ).  If not, I may call the vet again....

kathytaylor Ruby Mountain Bears
Northern Nevada, USA

I'll pray for your little midget. Here's aload of hugs too! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

the poor little muffin....it's so sad when they're sick, especially
someone as spunky as a terrier! I'll be wishing good health at her  bear_wub

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Tracey I am so sorry to hear about your little dog ... I hope that she starts to improve .....sending hugssss

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Oh I'm sorry your fur baby is sick! I know how scared you are until the sweety pulls out of it.
Sending prayers your way! Hang in there, keep good thoughts!
Keep us informed!

BrozZ BearZ BrozZ BearZ
Toowoomba

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Oh Tracy I can just imagine how you are feeling. Give little Midget lots of love and attention! Our pets are so dear to us as they are as much a part of the family as any humans. I'm sending lots of prayers Midget's way. I do hope she feels much better really soon.

Hugs Jane.  :hug:

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

I'm so sorry Tracy  :pray:   I really hope she starts to pick up soon.

Danni

Laniebears Arctophilia
Shropshire UK
Website

Tracy im so sorry to hear this... Poor you.... Poor little Midget.. bear_sad
Lots of little wishes hugs and prayers coming you way...

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Poor little Midget--I hope she responds to treatment soon, Tracy.

I'd be inclined to consult a second vet if she doesn't.

Eileen

nettie scotland
Website

Female urinary problems can be worse if the dog is spayed.My female pointer took months of anti biotics to get rid of hers.It was many years ago now but I remember how worrying it is.She looks a fab wee dog.Fingers crossed for improvement soon.
Hugs Diane xxx

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Oh.I'm so sorry to hear about Midget's not feeling well. bear_cry   bear_cry  So hard when our beloved pets are sick, such a worry  bear_sad  Heartfelt hugs and prayers for a full and speedy recovery  :pray:   :hug:   :hug:   :hug:    :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I will remember you in prayer.  I know how hard this is, I've been there.  I also know that we serve a mighty God, and He cares.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Ohhh Tracy I'm so sorry Midget's not feeling well  bear_sad  I know I am a worse basket case when any of my whippet girls is unwell...   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Tracy - I'm so sorry about Midget.  I've owned and bred dogs all my life - its very hard to watch them hurting and feel so useless.  Provided her kidneys are fine - she'll bounce back with incredible speed - just you see. 

Try to keep upbeat and positive my friend - she will feel your vibes.

I assume by now your vet has done a culture to identify the strain of infection and use a more focussed antibiotic if a wide spectrum one isn't 'hitting' it.

Sandra  :redface:

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh hon!!!!  I do hope that things take a turn for the better... my thought s will be with you and your little sweetie..... :pray:  Big hug...

Kim Basta
Widl Thyme Originals

Glacierbaybears Glacier Bay Bears
Japan

my prayers are with you :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:  :pray:

sewing stars sewing stars
providence, rhode island

oh tracy!! i am so sorry!
when my kitty went in for surgery to remove a tumor on his back i was on pins and needles all day, and it broke my heart to see him all wobbly when i brought him home since the knock-out medicine was still in his system...i totally empathize!!

did the vet try a blood panel? 

here are some good thoughts and hugs for her ((((get better little midget!))))

hearts, teresa

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Gosh, Tracy.  I'm so sorry to hear your sweet little doggie, Midget, is feeling quite under the weather.  I'm hoping that the new antibiotic treatment fixes the problem lickety split! 

Sending warm hugs and healing prayers,  :hug:
Aleta

Board footer