Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

Thanks so much for all the good wishes and prayers! :hug:  This morning I thought little Midget was possibly on the mend as she felt cool finally.  Now this afternoon her temp has gone back up. bear_cry  The vet hasn't done a blood panel or a urinalysis.  He did ask me to get a urine sample if she wasn't much better today, so that is the mission for this afternoon now.  I hope I can get it, otherwise they have to insert a needle into the bladder to get one on a female dog her size.  I don't want her to have to go through that too. bear_cry  I will be watching her like a hawk today and get her back to the vet ASAP if things worsen further.......might just call them anyway!

:hug:
Tracy

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Hi, I had to do that with my westie, I got one of those foil square baking pans and walked around with her in the yard and the minute she squatted I slid the pan under her and collected the goods! LOL  It must have been a site!

Good luck and I hope she is going to be ok!!!  :hug:

Iowa
Website

Thanks Tami.......my vet told me to tape a butter container lid to a yard stick or coat hanger and slide that under her when she starts to go. bear_happy   He sent me home with a pipette to draw it up in.  This should be fun........and will look ridiculous, I'm sure! bear_rolleyes

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Oh Tracy, I hope little Midget will feel better soon.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hi Tracy dear,

my heart goes out to you and Midget.  Returning all the support and kindness you shared with me in my time of heart break .... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Sending hugs and prays and all the well wishes I can muster.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: and a big smile for all the position healing energy.

kassie

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original What we go through . . . I had to do the plastic tub thing on a toddler once, and it wasn't pretty bear_tongue

I'm praying that little Midget responds soon . . . at least she's having some up days.

There's some good advice here on tests, and it might be useful to at least ask your vet about some of them. Like everybody else, vets can get stuck on wrong assumptions.

Eileen

piegabaer Speyer/Germany

I hope your little dog will feel better soon bear_flower

Iowa
Website

Thanks girls!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug: Midget is feeling better and back to her old tricks again!  She doesn't seem like she will be taking a turn for the worse.......I think she is well and truly better.  Yahoo!!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance: I am so relieved.......she did scare me pretty badly this time!

Tracy

makafelts Charlotte Des Roches Designs
Adkins, Texas

Whew, that's good news!

Hugs,

mwaggs2 Quilts-N-Critters
Middletown, Ohio
Website

Hi Tracy

I'm so Happy that Midget is feeling Better :dance:  :clap:  bear_grin

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

That's great news Tracy.  I hope she continues to improve.  It is awful when they scare you like that.  Sometimes they seem so fragile.   :hug:

Stellajella Wien

Tracey, I´m glad your baby is feeling better again!!!! :clap:
It´s always so worrying when our four legged friends are ill.
I just wanted to suggest something: in case of health problems with my pets I always start with a blood sample and a urin sample ( or rather my vet does  bear_thumb ).  This always sheds light on a health situation. 

All the best for your baby!

Gaby bear_flower

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Tracy,
I'm sorry your little Midge was sick and I'm so glad she's on the mend!!
Hugs to both of you!

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Hi Tracy

Have we got the latest medical bulletin for Midget?    :pray:

Sandra  :redface:

Iowa
Website

Latest medical bulletin.........Midget is A-Okay!! :dance:  :dance: She had a urinary infection that made her very, very sick....poor baby! bear_cry   That last shot she got really helped kick it in the butt.  No signs of returning infection and she is making up for lost time in the goofy department.  Lots of energy......a Mighty Dog is Midget!! bear_laugh  bear_laugh  Now if I can just keep her from sneaking out the fence again.......the woodchucks (groundhogs) will appreciate that I'm sure! bear_whistle

Tracy

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

WhoooHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!   Oh I am so glad to hear that  bear_thumb

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh tracy that is just great to hear!  Glad the illness got a whuppin!

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

I'm glad Midget is doing well.   :hug:

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

Thats great new Tracy, I'm happy for you both  :dance:  :dance:

Board footer