Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey gals.

Making myself crazy here. I'm trying to turn a little ultra-suede tail inside out.

IT"S NOT WORKING!! LOL :crackup:

Is there something I'm missing or is it just too small? The tail is for a tiny little mouse.

I've tried everything I can think of to turn this. If you have any suggestions, I would be sooo happy!

Thanks

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

Hey Heather,

Have you tried attaching thread to the tip with a needle, securing it and then pull the needle through.

Jane

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Heather

I'm trying to visualise how small your little tail is. Jane's idea is a good one. I might try inverting the tail by gently pushing with a long thick needle from the 'eye' end.

Hope you have success with whatever you try next.

:hug:

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Try drawing the tail  end a U shape ..not a V shape right on top of the ultrasuede ... use real tiny stitches on the machine BEFORE you cut the tail out.... then clip very close to the stitches... then turn the tail........Winney

K Pawz Guest

I used tiny copper pipe and tubing when I was making dolls, just wondering if this might help you with this Heather....if you went to the hardware store and found the smallest pipe possible, and then a tube just big enough for it to fit in this might help, but if your tail is supper small, it might not work. If it is super small you could sew it right side out with a ladder stitch and I am sure it would look fine, or just have the tail single sided????

Hope this helps,
Hugs,
Krista

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

do you have any shish kebob skewers? the blunt end is my best tool
for turning out tiny difficult bits like that.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

I have trouble turning tiny things too, especially with thick material like ultra suede. I'm afraid i can't add anything to the advice already given on turning but if it is a really teeny tiny tail, maybe you could just use round leather cord??? sorry I'm not more help.
Good luck!

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

There's a great thread here somewhere on tiny tails with some ingenious trade secrets. Try doing a search on tails. It was only a couple of months ago, maybe not even that.

Board footer