Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Well girls and guys, I think I can allow you to laugh at me because I really deserve it!

I have had my ordinary camera since 1993. I have used it very often (mostly when a kid), so I am supposed to be good at using it...

But what happened to me really reaches high scores!
How could I fail that much?

Well, taking pics of moving scooters needs a bit of experimentation, i agree.
The first time I noticed I did get too much light so my pics were not perfect.
So last race, I decided it would be clever to leave the diaphragm on the smaller opening to avoid getting too much light.

Clever me? Not at all.
Result: nothing at all! As if I had not taken pics at all. Well we could see there was a little something on the negatives, but when I tried to scan them, I could not get anything acceptable. 3 lost films for nothing.

Clap clap clap, Sophie, you never did so bad!

All my friends were expecting to see beautiful pics, and instead of that, just nothing but a feeling of total failure...

Funny isn't it?
My camera is able to help me choosing how to open the diaphragm, but I thought I was cleverer than it.My camera is a semi-automatic Minolta X300S. I love it and when used properly it makes beautiful pics.

I think I have learnt from it and it may not happen again before long until I forget...

A chance there will be more races to train making good pictures!

But really, I never acted that stupidly!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Sophie I am so sorry!!!!!   :hug:

It is quite possible that when you thought you had too much light the last time that you may actually  have been correct!  The photo finishing lab may have printed them too light!!!  (I used to be a photo finishing technician)

It is usually easier to print a light photo darker than it is to lighten a photo that does not have enough light.  I hope that translates into French well.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Ah Sophie that is dissapointing isn't it .  I always seem to have the worst luck with camera too.  Either the batteries are dead when I need them most, or I forget the camera completely.  It never seems to work at the most important times.  I hope your next photos turn out for you.    :hug:

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Oh Sophie i am so sorry for you, that is so upsetting. I never could use manual cameras so this would be a normal result for me before I went digital. But you take such good photos at Le mans, have a big hug and feel happier soon  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:
Estelle

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

awwwhhh!!!! so frustrating sophie! bear_angry
i love my digital camera...my poor manual lies sleeping in a draw now bear_cry
xo sarah

Board footer