Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Okay, so I have been sitting at my table with an ice pack to my ribs (still in pain, but I HAVE to work on my bears) sculpting almost 100 bear claws, when I decided to bake them in my toaster oven instead of my conventional oven.  About two minutes later smoke is coming from my toaster oven.  I burned the whole darn lot! FLAMBE!!! :doh:  :doh:  :doh:  Why didn't I just do it the way I always do?! :doh:  My nice little translucent claws are all burnt and nasty! bear_sad

So...back to table to start over...well actually I took a computer break here ( bear_whistle )..but NOW it's back to the table to make a new batch.    bear_wacko  bear_wacko  bear_wacko

So what has made you go "GGGGRRRR" lately?

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Awww Honey,

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

so much work!

bear_cry

Y

I

K

E

!

S

!

!

!

Whats been driving me crazy?

bear_wacko

Trying to relearn to walk without a limp

:crackup:

and

I can see my picture files on my computer but not get them into my photo shop program.....and why they left the program is a mystery too.....

bear_ermm

sigh.....

bear_sad

Still and all- your hours of work down the drain are much more serious!

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

bear_tongue

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Oh no....Judi I have a feeling GRRRRRRR would not be what comes to mind after all that.

bear_thumb   bear_thumb

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Judi - so sorry to hear that!!!  100 claws huh!  That's a lotta claws!
Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Gina!

this one and rated a four letter GRRR

Very cute.....it could be the new TT way of saying those naughty words my mum used to wash my mouth out with

DIAL

for!  HA!  :crackup:  :crackup:  :crackup:

dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Awww Judi.......
Perhaps you should revisit the claws tomorrow??????
I often think I'm doing something easier and it turns out to make life more dificult than it was worth!

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Awww, man, Judi!   :hug:  I haven't had anything that made me grrrrrr lately, but I dunno if you already took this into consideration (I am NOT trying to  :doh:  you) but I use my toaster oven to do my clay things, and just in case you didn't already know this, you have to set a toaster oven anywhere from 25 to 50 degrees lower than a reg oven and decrease baking time by about 10 to 15 mins.  Being a baker, I've gotta remember this; I've burned a whole batch of multigrain bread once!  Now that's a  :doh: ! LOL 

Kimberly W.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Judi, I haven't been on much and had to go back and read your other post and found out how sick you have been - I'm really sorry !  It's awful to feel so down and out but know you still have things to accomplish.  You've gotta know, girlie, that it's the prime time for things to go wrong LOL!!!  Put the claw thingys away until tomorrow and get some rest.  Everything will look better tomorrow - I promise!

Hugs,

Brenda

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Dilu!  Your GGGRRR is much more serious than mine.  I do hope you will have full use of your knee again.  I know you have heard this but it just takes time. :hug:  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub  :hug:

Kim,  ah!  What you say makes sense! :doh: 

I made more claws..this time only 45 and baked them in my conventional oven.  They came out very nice and I have already applied them to my new black bear design.

Gina, Some people just have no empathy for others.  That woudl certainly make me say "GGGRRRR"

Brenda, thanks.  I am on the mend but I think with all my severe coughing I may have fractured a rib.  I have never felt pain like this before (except during childbirth with my first daughter).  I can't even hug my kids.  UGH.  Thank goodness I have something to distract myself with  (bears bear_thumb ) besides my children.

Thanks for your support.  It's nice to have a plce to 'vent'...even though I kind fo laughed at myself for being such a dork!  OKAY, I'll justy blame it on the pain meds...yeah...that's it..the pain meds.

Renae, you ctack me up!...an oh-so-trendy necklace! :crackup:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Judi, even if you just have briused ribs, they are INCREDIBLY painful.   Years ago, I was on my bike and a wasp flew into me andI thought he had gotten under my shirt.   I put the brakes on too fast and ended up up impaling one side of the handle bars under my rib cage.  It was six weeks of excruciating pain.  I could only sleep on the living room carpet, with my knees up, resting on the couch.  So if you've done some damage to your ribs, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the are incredibly slow to heal!  Make sure to take care of yourself. 

Big hugs, :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh goodness, Judi . . . sorry about your claws, but hope you're getting better, my friend.  Take good, good care of yourself!  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower  bear_flower

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Oh Dear Judi ... I am so sorry to hear of your plight ..... I really hope that you are feeling better soon .. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: .. and glad your claws came out ok the second time

nettie scotland
Website

Poor Judi, sounds very uncomfortable for you.To waste all that time and material and be in pain oouch!!!
I made three mutant heads in a row yesterday .I was sitting saying "I CAN'T MAKE BEARS" when my daughter came home.She said " well get your  boring job in the bank back".That was it cured and the next one was fine.
I do hope you feel better soon.
Diane xxx

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

Sorry to hear about the claws to tried to make, Judi!

Two things lastly made me GRRRR: my failed photos (all) with my ordinnary camera during last scooter race (I already posted about it!).

And: on my last bear: once the bear was finished, on the the eyes broke, so I will have to change it and that won't be easy....

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

kassiebears Kassie Bears TM/Creations of Mysticism
Oregon

Hey ya girlfriend,

ggrrrr is what that new lion is going to say when I meet him! *wink* But I hear you. I have been working on my new bear and was working on a sculpted part and had to remove a very large part and start over. :doh: It was very hard for me to do that. I thought "crap" this sucks!!! needless to say - I am glad it does not happen very often because it is like I am hurting her when I have to remove a body part. Ok - now I know I have been doing this way to long! LOL too silly or what? haaaaaa

hugs kassie

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

I had a double grrrr. I decided to move my computer room downstairs to the guest room because it is a lot cooler. Then I could devide two of the 3 bedrooms upstair for my bears. I planned to put my sewing room into one bedroom that is pretty large with lots of table space and use another for storage of mohair and parts and clothing with lots of shelves. So it took me 2 days to get my L-shaped computer table apart and drag it downstairs piece by piece. I finally got it back together and hooked up the computer. Went to hook up the DSL and had no dial tone on the phone line. So I took the jack off and found that the wires that were supposed to be in the jack had been removed. No wires left in the wall at all. GRRRRRRRRRRRR number one. So after running a whole new phone line from outside to the room, I finally had computer access. Then I hooked up the small TV to the cable jack and can you believe there were NO wires in there either.GRRRRR number 2!  I had to go up into the attic and run a cable down through the wall 2 stories to get it in the room. SHHEESH! I have lived in this house for over 5 years, but never used the downstairs bedroom. Just had a bed and dresser in it for guests
Now I am working on the sewing room so the master bedroom is FULL of boxes because I had to move everything out of both other bedrooms so I can organize them. So since I had them empy now, I decided to shampoo the carpets before moving anything back in.  One down one to go.
Sonya

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

I'm not having bear grrrr's lately, just viewer grrrr's!  I HATE selling my house!!  It's so time wasting, it's interfering with my bear-making schedule and I'm sure I'm developing OCD as a result of all the cleaning!  I'm soooooo tired of being nice to strangers and waiting to see if they want to live here, after they've tramped right through the place with an estate agent.  Also, I'm very grrrrr about letting strangers into my lovely peaceful personal space ... my bedroom.  It feels like such an invasion.  Shudder!!!   bear_angry

Judi, glad to hear you're feeling a little brighter, but sorry to hear it still hurts. Get well soon lady!!  bear_flower

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_sad Judi, I missed the whole thread on your illness, but when I read through it . . . OUCH bear_sad

I'm glad you've been properly diagnosed at last, and that you're on the mend.  bear_flower

Take it verrrry easy, girl. Coughing and ribs can be a losing battle if you don't.

I had pneumonia twice whilst preggers with my third daughter. The coughing itself bruised my ribs, and although she'd turned head down by then, my coughing flipped her bottom down.

Long story short, I had to have a Caesarian--they gave me an epidural, and I was strictly forbidden to cough during the operation, lest all my insides fly out.

So there I was--with afterpains, bruised ribs, a Caesarian wound, violent coughing and a new baby. Boy, did I miss my morphine when it was gone!!

The only thing that really seemed to help was holding a pillow tightly against my chest and tummy when I coughed. It seemed to ease the ribs a lot. bear_thumb

Eileen

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I must've missed something, how on earth did you hurt your ribs so badly, Judi??  Did one of the girls kick you?  Or maybe hubby missed catching you on one of your dancing leaps?? It sounds awful  bear_cry

...AAAACKKKK!!!  Even worse that you've flambed the whole 100 ....all that work gone down the drain...  bear_cry   Sending along massive  :hug: and I hope you feel better soon!!!  bear_flower

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Debbie, simply coughing like the dickens caused me to injure my ribs.  Now, I have heard that brusied and cracked ribs are very painful but I had no idea.   I have been coughing for a month straight.  Very annoying.

Eileen, I can't imagine what that must have been like! Yikes!

Paula, I would feel the same way having people walk through my house and bedroom.  Plus having to keep everything spotless ALL the time.  Yikes.  Best of luck to you. I hope you sell your house soon.

Sonya, I think I would be pulling my hair out!  I bet it feels good to have your own workspace nice and organized.  I have so many boxes of mohiar piled up on top of one another I keep telling myself I need to organize my work room.  bear_thumb I think I suffer from clutter stress bear_shocked

Kassie Girl, it is funny, isn't it, how we treat our bears as if they were real.  I had that same thing happen to me and I felt like I was hurting my bear by removing it's eye. bear_wacko

Sophie, I lookforward to you getting some more scooter race photos...then we'll have a great reporting live story.  No hurry.  You take your time.

Diane, looks like your daughter just gave you a reality check.  I love your bears and hope to adopt one one of these days.  Never give up making those darling bears.

Thanks Patsy.  My claws came out nicley and are already on my bear.  Now I need to paint them. bear_thumb

Brenda, that sounds awefully painful!  OUCH, I feel for you.  That must have really taken the wind rigth out of you.

Sue Ann,  Daphne, Danni, Shantell, Erin, Dilu...all you guys... bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub

Thanks for sharing all yoru grrrrrsss.   bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked  Coughing for a month?   Judi I've seriously got to go back through the posts.... See what happens when a pony arrives?  A new baby in the house, and suddenly I miss everything on Teddy Talk...

Yes, cracked bruised ribs are horrible because with every single breath you feel them.  There is simply no 'down time' for ribs....they've gotta heal whilst working.... If you can get ahold of arnica montana tablets, please take them.  They help to heal cracked/broken/ or bruised anything.  The sooner you can take the tablets to injury the better, though, they are not effective on an older injury.  You can also use the arnica rub externally as well.  Ice is wonderful and will help, but if you've got some form of a bronchial cough, it will not be helpful for your lungs. 

bear_wub Sending along loads of warm, soothing, healing thoughts   :hug:  as its awful for you to be feeling so crummy  :hug:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

LOL... Judi, in high school I made jewelry from mostly sterling silver but I also dabbled in fimo clay and made it in the toaster oven... well, long story short, someone forgot to turn off the "broil" feature of the toaster oven the last time they used it and we now have a story among my family called "Black Fimo Toasteroven" LOL....

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin
DebbieD wrote:

If you can get ahold of arnica montana tablets, please take them.  They help to heal cracked/broken/ or bruised anything.

Deb, where would I find something like this?  A drug store?  I have never heard of it but would like to try it.  Thanks!

AH!  Kimmy, you too, eh? From now on I will stick to the regular oven for all my baking needs. :doh:

bearkeeper Posts: 18

I certainly hope you feel better soon. I've never injured my ribs, but I can't imagine it being very fun.
As for GRRs My computer has been freezing a lot lately. I think the time is quickly approaching when I'll need to get another one. I can't really rely on this POS for much longer.

And as for worrying about hurting bears, I do the same thing. I came home a few days ago to find someone had taken one of my bears off my computer desk and wedged him upside down in the space between the shelf that sits directly above my computer desk  and the wall. The bear was jammed in there tightly. I had to rescue him, hug him and apologize to him before placing him back in his rightful place on my desk.

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Judi,

Sorry about your claws.  Are you getting better?  I hope you feel better soon.   :hug:

Board footer