Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I haven't been around in about a week except to pop on for a minute or two.  I wasn't sure what was wrong, feeling dizzy, light headed, nausea....

I had so much testing done I feel like a guinnea pig! I had two blood tests, a visit to my doctor, phone calls to my family doctor and my gyno, they wanted me to have a cat scan but the insurance wouldn't let me (why do I pay so much for insurance???!!!??? don't get me started) but they authorized an internal and external ultrasound(which I had to do at the hospital)

Turns out I have positional vertigo and a cyst on my ovary.... ARRGH!!!!! I am on one medicine that gets rid of my dizziness and all the other symptoms that come with the vertigo and then they put me on something else for the other problem LOL and it says in the symptoms that it can cause dizziness!!! ARRGH!!!!

Anywho, feeling much better, just didnt want anyone to worry or think I was ignoring them... glad to be back with my TT gals  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

bear_shocked  bear_shocked  Oh my goodness Kim!  That sounds like an awful time you've had!!  I'm am so glad the docs found what the problem was.  Hopefully with treatment things will be better and stay that way!! :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Awww Kim!!!  I'm so sorry!  I understand how aggrevating that can be... sometimes you wonder if the drug to fix one problem is worth the side effects  bear_wacko

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Thank you girls so much :hug:  :hug: ... it has been a hard week (it actually started two weeks ago but wasn't as bad)...

I know LL, the one medication for the vertigo has side effects of drowziness, double vision, dry mouth and the other medication has dizziness (among other things)... get rid of one thing, get three other things wrong LOL

At least I am up and about now

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Aw Kimmy...I completely understand that whole med's  worse than the problem thing.   My neuro and I go round and round with it.   Vertigo is NOT fun.

Big spinning hug to you...

Shantell

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Aww Kim,  bear_cry   bear_cry  :hug:   :hug:   :hug:  :hug:   Hope you feel better soon!! We do miss you!!  :hug:   :hug:  bear_flower

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania
shantell wrote:

Big spinning hug to you...

Shantell

LMAO  thanks Shantell LOL

Thank you Shari bear_original

:hug:  :hug:

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

Aww Kim, I feel with you. Vertigo is no fun. I swear I got rid of mine by eating vitamin B12, although my doc doesn't really believe me. You really should have a CT scan to make sure your head and neck are ok. I did and found out that my nerves get pinched in my neck, because of a narrow spinal canal. Fortunately, we still get these exams from our tax-funded health insurance.
Hope the treatment helps despite the side effects. Take care  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

A chance you don't always get all secondary effects possible with medicines!
Well, i guess your doctor knew what he did when asking you to take specific medicines...
So be confident, and you will get well very soon!

I cross my fingers for you.

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Please feel better soon, Kim . . . glad you got the problem checked out and are doing something about it.  Visit us when you can . . . we've missed you!  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Kim, I've had BPPV twice over the last decade and it's just awful; you have my sympathies.  Feel better soon!

Meri Bears (UK) West Sussex, England

Hi Kim

I'm pleased you now know what's been causing the problems and it's being sorted by medication. I can tell you those awful ovarian cysts can become really painful so I'm pleased for you that you will be on the mend soon.

Glad to see you on here.

:hug:  :hug:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Sorry to hear that you are under the weather - please take care of yourself Kim!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Oooh Kim, vertigo is awful, poor you, glad you're feeling better, and hope you're feeling 100% real soon   bear_wub

Lots of BIG BEARY  :hug:   from me to you  bear_wub

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

Hope you're feeling better soon Kim.  What a bummer about the medications.

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

I was wondering what happened to you, Kim Bee!  You have to email me when things like this happen!!!  Here I am all wondering and thinking about you, and you're over there twirling away!  Glad to hear you're better now, hopefully this is just a very temporary thing.  My grandma-in-law had bad vertigo and nausea, headache a few months ago and her doc said it was some sort of virus.... Weird.  Sometimes I wonder if, when docs don't really know what's going on, they just say it's a virus... because viruses you really can't cure, you just have to wait for them to kinda go away (or live with them... bear_sad )  Anyway, I'll quit rambling... GLAD YOU'RE BACK!!!!!

*shrugs shoulders*

:hug: Kimberly W.

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

:hug: Sorry bout that Kim!  I sent you a PM  :hug:

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Medicine sure is not an exact science and it can take many tests and trial and error.  Kimmy, so glad your back, I have missed you. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:   I am still struggling with a virus...man, it sure can take the wind out of your sails!!

Lots of rest Kimmy!  And hug your teddy bears...they are wonderfully therapuetic. :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Get well soon :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:  bear_wub  bear_flower

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Kim - so sorry to hear it.  Glad to hear you are starting to pick up - hope everything sorts itself out!

Danni

Celena Oxford

Oh dear!  Sorry to hear about your condition Kim  bear_sad  Hope you fully recover soon  :hug:  Sending you all the gooooood vibes!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry to hear that you have not been well Kim and sending you my love and hope that you are on the
road to recovery and feeling heaps better.

Hugs
     Carolyn
      bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kimmy - Hubs (Mr. Vertigo) and I (Mrs. Ovairan Cysts) send you a LOT of sympathy and hugs! Hopefully some of the drug symptoms will pass. It's when you have to start taking medications to treat the side effects from other medications that it's time to re-evaluate your medications as a whole!  :doh:

Kim W. - My Dad was told he had a virus causing his nausea and dizziness and double vision a few months ago. This doc had just gotten over the virus himself.... said it lasted 3 months! I agree that half the time I don't think they know what you've got so blame it on a virus!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh I'm sorry Kim!  Being ill is terrible so I am glad you are getting there.  As others have said, it just doesn't seem right when you have to start taking meds to conteract other meds! 
Take care hon   :hug:  :hug:
xox Sarah

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Oh honey!!!!  Glad to hear that you are on top of the situation and starting to feel better!  take care of yourself Kimmy!!!!!!!   :hug:  :dance:  bear_wub  bear_smile

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

zemeski Posts: 434

bear_flower

Kim - I feel for you as I have suffered from inner ear (Vertigo) all my life. It runs in my family. My grandmother, mom, and now me. I take motion sickness medicine and sleep it off for at least three days. I get it as with the change of seasons mostly. It is bad I know. You wish you could just die sometimes it is soooo bad!!! So, I know how you have felt. Any way get better and rest when your body tells you!!

:hug:

Board footer