Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Nancy, 17,000 is outrageous!  and totally unfair!

I don't know what state you live in but I would bet they have a program for unisurabale poeple like me here is Wisconsin.  The good thing is they do not even look at your income.  This program is not based on income...it is only based on those individulas who are turned down by insurance companies.  All I needed was a letter of denail( gee, that was easy.  Just say "Diabetic" and they deny you no other questiosn asked!)   My husband makes a very good living but we both felt that $14,444 was ridiculous and our agent (as I said is also a friend) told us about HIRSP.  Without her telling us this we would not have known were to turn.

Also folks, know this:  Anything you pay out of pocket for premiums and co pays, including prescritpions are a tax write off.  There are a lot of "things" our Government would not like us to know about. bear_angry   All of our taxes are done by a laywer because of all our farm stuff and property.  They know all the loop holes.

Nancy, check it out.  There must be something you can do.

Did you know that insurance companies lobby AGAINST diabetes research!! They DO NOT want a cure because they make over 800 BILLION dollars a year on diabetic health care.  Makes me sick that they want us to suffer so they can make money.  I can't wait until judgement day. :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Judi, I will write Pat and Denzel and tell them about HIRSP, right away.  Thank you so much for that bit of info.
It is terrible what happened to them and he still does not have diabetes after all these years. 
My father in law had diabetes and then had a massive heart attack.  After all of his surgeries, he was fine and the really strange thing was, the diabetes disappeared.  It had something to do with the heart attack.

:hug:
Nanc......

Board footer