Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

clare14 Country Bears
England

bear110a2jp.jpg

I thought I'd try to be clever and try to add a picture to show you, hope it works!!

It should show you 'Mayflower', who I made for my mum's cousin as she gave me the upholstery velvet and set my mind thinking........he matches her chair she had re-upholstered!!  Hee! Hee!

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hey!!  It worked, how clever do I feel - and how easy it is when you sit and concentrate!!   There will be no stopping me now!!  bear_grin:lol:   I think maybe I'll shrink the future pictures though!!:o

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Clare..I do like him very much ...the fabric pattern  looks like it meanders  over him just right ...of course I know you took some pains to lay out the design and it came out beautifully..
The ruff looks great too ...neat color...funny how some colors you would not think of  can go together.
The face looks like your bear...very cute..Interesting choice of materials...we should all try something differet like that just for fun ...Winney

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Clare, what a beautiful baby bear. You can tell by looking at her what a excellent job you have done. She is wonderful!

Hugs Louise

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

wow Clare, you've made a fantastic job out of what must have been very challenging fabric.  I love his proportions and his head is so full of character.

Catherine

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

That's a truly great bear, and you MUST share how you made that neck ruff.  I'm always trying to get mine that fluffy and no matter how much fabric I use they just never end up THAT bulky and fantastic.  Very nice work!

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

This bear is GORGEOUS!!! So unique!!! 

I agree with Shelli - please share tips on the ruffle!!! PWEEZ!;)

clare14 Country Bears
England

Okay - but I have to admit it's a bit of a cheat!!   It's a fancy hairband or 'scrunchy' as they're sometimes called.   I have a whole load of them on a kitchen roll holder, you can get such pretty ones!!  They're perfect for the job!!    I only use them on my contemporary bears, I do handmake them for my old looking bears, ususally from vintage lace.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Clare

What a clever use of upholstery fabric.  He is very handsome and looks quite elegant.

hmmmmm  i reupholstered my honeys old rocking chair- and there was fabric leftover.....maybe I should try this too; after I get the motely 13 dressed.

anyway, you have done a divine job-he is quitesophisticated

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Clare,
Scrunchies!!! What a fantastic idea!!!

Winney,
We should have a challenge... to make a bear from unique fabric of one's own design.... bear with the most unique fabric and best over all appearance wins. Something like that.. I don't know... would be fun to challenge ourselves to do something out of our comfort zone!!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Fantastic Bear Clare!!  YOu know i love her!!

Danni

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Great bear Claire! So will he sit on the chair made from the same fabric??? That would be so cute!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Clare,  'Mayflower' is out standing cute !!!!
thanks for sharing photo. bear_original

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

I just love 'Mayflower' She looks really beautiful with the pattern flowing across her body. What a great bear she is, a special girl that anyone could love. You have done a fantastic, profesional job with her Clare.

Jane

Lom-Bear-di Cubs Ohio

Oh, is she pretty! Wonderful color!
I used to sew bears from upholstery fabric and quilts.
I dressed them with minks and antique jewelry.

Board footer