Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Everyone,

Well, I have been working on a new look, and a brand new design.  Here's the first bear that I've made.

His name is Thomas, and he is around 6" tall.  I have been liking the old fashioned look bears more and more.  So, here's my take on it.

thomas2.jpg

thomas4.jpg

His nose has been waxed - so thanks to everyone who helped with my enquiry.  His porportions look quite strange to me as he is very different to what I usuallly do.

Well, please let me know what you think!

Danni

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

OH...... he's waaaaaaaaaaay cute, Danni.  Definitely a keeper of a new look for you.  I love your proportions with him.  Really.  Great job!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well done Danni, he is cute, looks a lot bigger too. bear_happy

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I LOOOOOOVE him, Danni . . . great job you did with the new look!!  Do some more with that design!!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Danni,

Thomas is just so cute and I like the new design. Also  his name -  really suits him.
Well done and best of luck with more like him.

Bear hugs
Carolyn

:)

www.draffinbears.com

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

He's so sweet.... he looks like he needs a hug... would you give him one for me please?
I love him! He definitely looks like a Delartful bear!
Awesome job, Danni!!!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Danni!!!!;) He is wonderful!!!! You did a superb job on him. I love love love your bears and now you have a new pattern which just adds to the excellence of your talent. Keep it up!!!!:cool: He is soo sweet!

Hugs Louise

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Danni, he's lovely, such a little cutie! You have made an excellent job with him. Thomas's proportions look great to me. Let's see lots of new Danni babies soon...Yayyyyyy!

Jane

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

Hi Danni,

I think that Thomas is a really sweet bear, I think his proportions looks great, I like his hump and longer arms.  He still looks like a Delartful Bear but at the same time having a new look - really great work Danni, I would definitely do some more like him :)

Hugs,
Catherine

Wisdom Bears Wisdom Bears
Ayrshire, Scotland.

Hi Danni,
                     Great Bear , Proportions are perfect . Lets see more of this size too.  Hugs Rita xxx

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Danni I like Thomas so much that I have added him to your profile page on my Crafty Folks website. Anyone who would like to see the new profiles of our Teddy Talk members go
to:                       
http://www.craftyfolksads.co.uk

and you will see profiles for Kerren, Danni, Meg, Laura,Louise and Rita. Anyone else wanting a profile just email me.

Jane

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Danni I just love him!  Great job!!

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

For some reason..I can't see the pictures...he sounds like a cutie!...Winney

clare14 Country Bears
England

Hey Danni!!

Seems they all agree!!:D  Thomas is absolutely gorgeous - fantastic work, are you going to do some more??

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

He is wonderful!  He still looks like one of your bears - great job!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Perhaps she'll do a few for the US collectors that will be ooh-ing and aah-ing over her bears at shows this fall???????

(Hint, hint! bear_happy )
Daphne

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Daphne - do you sell real fur bears?  Do they have real fur bears at shows in our area?  I want to participate in shows (possibly sending some to you like the other gals) but didnt know if they had real fur bears in shows..... maybe a silly question???

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Danni- you are a clever bearykins, aren't you.  This is a truly magnifiscent bear.  I am quite impressed.  You have done a fantastic job on this guy!

Congratulations

Dilu

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Kim - I've seen a few artists, though not many, who sell real fur bears at shows. Ok, I can only think of 3 amongst all the shows I've been to! I will be bringing Tammy Wamboldt's real fur bears with me this fall. She has the avatar of Sue-Mei, the panda, that is just adorable.

Have you done any searches for shows in your area? Is there not one show in PA?  Hmmmm.... well, I just went and looked in some of my old TB&F issues and didn't see any. Bummer!

I have taken on all I am going to for other artist bears this year. My intent for this year is to offer artist bears from other countries, keep it small and see what happens. I'll be representing 4 artists. Depending on how that goes I will expand to give artists state side opportunity as well for next year.  I'll know in January what I'm going to be able to do and will post something here. I'd love to be able to bring EVERYONE's bears with me... what fun that would be!! Maybe one day.....

Hugs,
Daphne

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Danni
Thomas is so cute.  And only 6" - adorable .

Sandi

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Susan Arnot makes real fur bears, and also Lori Simon (formerly Lori Leeper, of Furbearsake.)  Both of these terrific artists were at the Nevada City Teddy Bear Convention I attended in April.  In fact, I believe it was Lori that was awarded Best of Show.

Don't forget JoAnne Harden, who isn't doing shows lately, of Hucklebeary Patch, and her wonderful real fur minis.  Nancy Tillberg and Judi Paul have made many, many real fur bears; Judi, what's the sitch with you and Nancy on exhibiting at shows?

Just adding my two tiny cents to the info pile...

Australia

You are all so very sweet!  Thankyou!!!!!  I really wanted something that looks different, but still looks similar.  I have to tell you girls though, it was difficult to stitch a smaller nose than I'm used to.  I also wanted to have ears that are fairly high - as they tended to be back then, but even that was difficult LOL  I guess I'll get my eye in!

Yes, I definatly will be doing more of this design.  I want to try different mohairs - though I won't be using longer pile with the older bears - so both lines will look different.  Means I have to go shopping  YES LOL

Winney, it's strange that you couldn't see his photo, you can see photos here:
http://bears.delartful.com/dbthomas.html   Let me know if you can see those photos.

Daphne, I'm going to try to get some bears on my webpage.   Are you sure you would like me to send some over to the states? I don't want to take up too much room on your table!!!!

Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Danni - Your bears have HUGE personality but they really don't take up much space! bear_original A couple would be great. But get some up on your website first.... you can send me bears anytime (well, by the October show if not Sept!!!) bear_laugh

Shelli - I think Kim was wondering about real fur bears in 'our area' (northeast coast) which is why I didn't volunteer the names of all those other great artists! Although it would be wonderful to have Judi and Nancy come do a show with us!!! bear_laugh

Australia

Okay!  Good idea, I'll see how I go anyhow.  YOu are right, they don't take up much room!!  (One of the reasons I like 'em small!)

Everyone, I really need some help.  My mum and sister have been NO help at all!  I want to have two lines going - the old look bears and the other ones, which are more contempory, without being TOO contemp, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I want to name the two lines.  Any ideas??
Danni

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Oui!!!!!

I'm going to run out of naming ideas here......

Have you come up with anything at all? I'm good at giving my opinion! bear_grin:lol::lol:

Board footer