Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

I would love to buy some new mohair from Intercal but i am worried about the chance of being stung with customs charges etc. What are the chances of this happenning does anyone know?  and is there a way round it?

So far i have mostly used Schulte mohair as i have found in the past the backing on some others i have tried not so good, it has frayed a lot even with using fray check, could anyone explain the difference in quality between hembold and Schulte mohair? and do intercal do Schulte?

Many thanks bear_original

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hi Wendi

you could send an e-mail or call Johnna.  She is the one I talk with at Intercal.....she will try so very hard to help and she is a real dear!

Hembold makes wonderful mohair, some of my favorite-yes I make bears too, and yes Intercal has several brands of mohair.  Yu could browse the on line catalog and drool, it may also give you wonderful ideas.

Re: customs charges....can't help you there honey, but aren't you allowed a certain amount to come in at a time?  Perhaps you should check with your countries postal departments restrictions.  Intercal ships UPS, and UPS goes everywhere....so maybe their web site can help you?

good luck!

dilu

bear_tongue

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

I totally agree with Dilu! An aweful lot of us including myself purchase from Intercal and love the product! The service is outstanding!

Many Hugs Louise

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Ditto on the above two posts.
bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb
Best of luck!

wendi Toggle Teddies
Derbyshire
Website

Thanks Dilu, Louise & Judi,

Johnna has kindly explained the best way to order etc so i'm off to have a looksy at all the lovely mohair bear_original

nettie scotland
Website

I buy loads from intercal.They tend to put samples on the box as I buy lots of smaller bits 1/4 's mostly which helps.I buy in lots under a hundred dollars just in case.So far so good for me and the service is great.
Diane

Board footer