Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

THere are 1642 bears listed , many are sold. I thought the sold bears would stay up for 45 days then be removed...

don't get me wrong , I love looking at all the bears but...my concern is there are 55 pages for a buyer to wade thru which my be a discouragement to buying ...what do you think ?.... Winney

Dilu Posts: 8,574

55 pages?  Yikes~! 

So, if there were a question here, you are wondering if the bears are really rolling off the pages after 45 days>? a043.gif

I suspect that most people looking would just look at the first few pages....
a049.gif
I also suspect that the bears may be well behaved but the gollies would go kicking and screaming... r020.gif naughty gollies overstaying their welcome!

Golly its sure good to see you back hon!

g010.gif

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

OK, here's my question......

How many post their bear on the Bears and Friends forum and offer it for sale ONLY from there?
It always seems to me that most are available on eBay, some on the artist's website.
Just curious as to how many get direct sales from the Bears and Friends forum?
Don't get me wrong, I think it's a fabulous place to post bears... I'm all for it, absolutely!
I myself LOVE to browse through all the bears!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Yeah - I know.  I don't know how many collectors (other than artists who collects) and apart from our wonderful group of small collectors like Chrissie actually visit TT to view the bears for sale.

That's why I reckon, it's best to list in as many places as possible!  So, in other words, don't just rely on that section to sell a bear!
Danni

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

I sold a bear last year only because the lady (from Australia) had seen it on TT.  So it DOES work!!

White City, Oregon

Dilu...This is my question....too many sold and unsold bears for the collector to wade thru, 55 pages of them...so if your bear is still for sale on page 42 ....what do you thnk  your chances are for it to get seen? Winney

Quy nomonkeybiz.com
Costa Mesa, CA
Website

Quy Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Winney wrote:

Dilu...This is my question....too many sold and unsold bears for the collector to wade thru, 55 pages of them...so if your bear is still for sale on page 42 ....what do you thnk  your chances are for it to get seen? Winney

There is an Artists popup menu in the Bears & Friends forum you can use to display artists with unsold bears. More information can be found here.

Quy bear_original

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Also, you can "bump" your already-listed bear, buried in page 37 of those 55 pages!, up to the top of the listings by adding a new post to the bottom of the thread.  Even posting something as simple and shorthand as this would work to get your older work some new views:

"Bump to top."

Of course, this doesn''t help collectors wade through all those pages any better.  But it does give the artists who made those listed bears a chance to get their work some new views, and I don't see anything wrong with that, so long as we don't turn it into some kind of bump-contest which just cycles the same few pieces thru the top slots over and over again.

But you guys would never do that...

bear_flower

K Pawz Guest

I always put my bears up on there even if they are on eBay, I have sold 4 bears through there when I first started here before I even thought about selling on eBay, and just recently one of the bears I have recently listed there sold before he even made it to eBay, so I am all for the Bears for sale forum...

Hugs,
Krista

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Pretty nifty info from everyone!

Hey Winney, (Loretta)  I am really glad you asked!

White City, Oregon

YES!!! Thank you everyone, I am glad I asked too, found out some things didn't know....Winney

Board footer