Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

IM001355.JPGSince we had an earlier discussion concerning center seam bears, I thought I would post my newest creation.  I just finished him two days ago.  He is 12" tall and is a center seam design (4 head pieces).  He is as yet unnamed.   I like the "old" look of the center seam.

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Very beautiful Millie , he certianly does have an old world look to him.Very wise and manly looking :D

Hugs and blessings,Shari.

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

He came out great..I'd love to do a center seam one day...when I catch up...Winney

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Hi Millie bear_original I love the colors

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

He's gorgeous...I like the old look of your bears.  What color is his fur...it looks reddish on my monitor...he looks like a Cranbeary!!!  Cute cute cute!!!

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Hey! What a great guy you've made there Millie. I really like him.

Jane

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Millie, he is beautiful.  The center seem does give the bear an old style look.   The colors are fantastic, very nice.

Ohio

To answer the question about his color, he is a tan and red.  He is hand dyed with a combination of peach tree bark and a tiny bit of rit dye for the tan, and dandelion plant and a tiny bit of dye for the red.  I really love to play with different dyes and see what I get.  I do enjoy using the natural plant dyes and hope to expand on it later.

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh wow!!!!!  You know I adore your work, and you have inspired me to try vintage looking bears myself, so I am really loving your panda, beautiful!

Danni

sandi Snowy Day Bears
St. Albans, VT

Millie,
I love your panda.  The color combination is great and so unique.

Sandi

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Oh Millie I just love him!!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Millie, I think he's gorgeous.  I love the little turn of his paws.  How steep an angle would you say you use at the wrist in your arm pattern?  I'm always trying to get the arms "just right."  bear_tongue

Ohio

Thank you all so much.

Shelli, oh Shelli, you would have to ask a "technical" question.  The answer is, I really don't know.  I must confess, all of my work is freehand.  I just take a piece of paper and have at it.  I don't even make a version of the bear out of cheap material like I've read about.  I just take what I get.  The best way I can describe the angle is to look at the curve on the bottom of the "t".  That's probably real close.  This probably makes no sense at all.  I'm sorry that I couldn't be more help.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

It makes perfect sense, and might explain why my paws don't end up curving up as much as I'd like.  When I design a curvy-paw arm, I mean.  I tend to make the curve really slight, and it ends up looking... like it was supposed to be straight, but got messed up instead!  I'll try to make the curve a little steeper next time; thanks!

I'm with you, by the way; I take some paper, have at it, cut from mohair, and pray.  Luckily, when you've made a certain number of bears, it usually works out.  But there are times... !!! :D

Thank you!

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Millie he is absolutely beautiful! Wonderful Job!

Hugs Louise

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

What a lovely panda ! His colours are stunning ! (I love the red so much !)
bear_original

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

GREAT bear, Millie!!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Mille you bear is so very cute!  I really like the center seam look on bears.  Love the colors you used too.

Board footer