Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Picture-4508.jpgPicture-4498.jpgHere are a couple of pics and remember he is sick and not looking his best. First on my lap where he seems to like to be
Second is him in a bread basket I just gave him for a bed  bear_wub   :love

Well I went and got the little guy this morning and we spent the morning at the vet. Cost me close to $100 and we still need shots in three weeks time. He is a blue point siamese with either Himilayan or some type of long haired cat as his hair is a bit longer than a full Siamese should be.He is about six weeks old.
He has conjuctivites and a bit of infection  in his chest so he has eye stuff and antibiotics. He has to be quarentened in the bathroom for two weeks before he can be with my other cat and dog. Right now we are calling him Kookie as I was calling him Kookie Bear after "Cookie" was refused for being too girle. I've been Singing Kookie Bear sits in the old gum tree and he really seems to like it  :redface:   bear_tongue

We are still looking for names if you have any good suggestions. Our dogs name is Kobe and our cats name is Cassie so I would love to have a name that starts with "K "or "C "and ends with an "ee" sound. Thanks!!

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Shari..she is an adorable little one!  Her long hair is beautiful!  Thank you for sharing her with us!

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

Kookie is lovely and he will look even nicer when his eyes get better.You will know when he gets better as they can be quite energetic-my two Balineses still bounce up and down on the top of my net curtains and they are two years old.Our Siamese is 11 years old and she is a blue point although she is a bit tubby :redface:.The blue colours will spread more across her body and back as he gets older.I am sure you won't regret getting her as Siameses are lovely affectionate cats.Keep us posted with plenty of pictures.
Laurie :hug:

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

What a precious baby.  I just want to hug him.  He looks like he feels so bad, but I'm sure he will get all of the love and attention he needs to put him on the right road.  I'm so glad you took him in, otherwise he probably didn't stand a chance.  I thank you and I'm sure he thanks you.  Now you've got me wanting a kitten.

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awww bless him!!! I'm sure you'll have him feeling so much better soon, what a lucky chap finding such a lovely new home   bear_wub  :hug:

Cody
Kenny

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a goopy eyed little sweetheart.  He'll be all better soon and a wonderful addition to your family, I'm sure.  Enjoy him!

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

Well, we are still naming, we have Kirby, Crosby, Clooney. We are leaning towards Kirby I think. He seems to answer to anything that starts with a "k" sound and ends with eee. He just made his first pee in the litter box so I hope the poop wil follow. Smart little fellow  bear_wub   bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Shari he is just beautiful.  The kids must be very excited too.   He looks so content and I'm sure he'll love his new home.     bear_wub

JeannieB JeannieB Bears
Greensboro NC

Awwwww....He is a lucky baby!!! I like Kookie.  Thanks for sharing his pictures. bear_wub
JeannieB bear_original

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh what a beauty - he is just gorgeous - ill looking and all!

Have lots of fun with him - he looks so sweet!

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original Awwwwwww bear_wub

He looks beautiful even with his red goopy eyes! Conjunctivitis is easy to cure, fortunately! Getting the medication in the right place isn't.

You're right to isolate him from your other pets for a bit, but kittens need company, and go a bit dotty if they're too isolated. We used to foster single kittens, but now only look after litters.

I don't think the poor mite should be isolated in the bathroom for two whole weeks so long as your other cats have their shots and the little one doesn't take a turn for the worse.

The upper respiratory thing is very common in kittens. If they undergo any distress or separation or exposure between birth and the time their shots take effect, almost all of them have it. If it turns out to be pneumonia, which you'll know very soon, other cats can be infected.

I once had a litter of 6 sneezing goo all over a sofa I was trying to reupholster! When their noses cleared up, they all had diarrhea.

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Shari,
     What a gorgeous wee thing - I like the name Kirby, too!  I gather from your comments, that it's a boy?  He'll be absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure will be a very snuggly kitty.  Can't wait to see more pictures.

hugs,

Brenda

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

What a super wonderful little boy!  In our long family history of having many cats, we had two long haired Siamese mixes - seal point - and they were fantastic kitties.  You will love having him and he will appreciate your taking him in.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

What a sweetheart and a very lucky one at that!!!  My mom had a siamese when I was very young named Hazel.  Hazel had the major hots for my dad.  She'd go absolutely nuts when he came home and wouldn't leave him alone.  I think my mom was jealous but won't admit it.  bear_original bear_original

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

What a little cutie even if he is sick.  Poor little mite...hope he gets better really quickly!
xo sarah

Board footer