Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

The Teddy Bear Face Book
The Goal: To publish a photo of one bear or "friend" by every artist on the planet. Yep, everyone.

All you have to do is supply the photo and the information we've requested on the submission form (see http://www.teddybearandfriends.com/foru … c=140&st=0). We'll compile all of the submissions into one easy-to-use format that includes a photo and your name, business name, and phone number. Other info, such as accomplishments, will be included if space permits.

Please return the completed form with your photo (whether by regular mail or e-mail). The deadline is December 1, 2006, and the Face Book will appear in the March/April 2007 issue. This is an editorial project, so participation is free.

A special advertising directory will be published in the same issue. Talk to Kellie Love at 617-536-0100 x116 or klove@madavor.com for more info.

Pass the word ... we want everyone.

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Now that is just so cool Mindy !   :dance:  :dance:

huggleybear C.W. Huggley Bears
Statham, GA

Mindy,  that's a terrific idea!  That will be an awesome issue!!! :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

knuffelbear Claudia's Knuffelbaeren
Heinsberg

What a great idea Mindy! Thanks a lot for letting us know about this book! It will be fantastic!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Great idea Mindy!!!

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Wow, this is fantastic! I don't think there could be a better time to be a bear artists...this is awesome! bear_original

~Chrissi bear_flower

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Well, Mindy - it's totally unanimous . . . a terrific idea!!  Reminds me of when John and Denis were publishing Teddy Today and had their annual issues on 'basic bears' and 'bear faces'.  What a concept - a photo from every artist on the planet . . . WOW!!!!

Lancaster PA

I have high hopes for the project, but, honestly, it will only be as great as all of you make it. Even if you do no other promotion all year, please send your Face Book picture and form!

Thanks!
Mindy

PS: My apologies in advance to those who receive my request multiple times. In trying to ask everyone, I'm sure I will end up asking some people more than once. Plus, the form will be in the magazine. Please chalk me down as "thorough," not "irritating overkill."  bear_innocent

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Awesome idea!!!  :dance:
Thorough is good!  bear_thumb

Daphne

Yvonne Bebbin Bears
Buckinghamshire
Website

Hi Mindy,

What a fantastic idea......I'm here in England, but subscribe to the magazine.......I'm sure it will be a resounding 

success!!!! ............every artist on the planet.....that will be just amazing!!!!  :clap:

Many thanks,

Yvonne.

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance: Woo hoo!!!  Totally excellent project!!  Awesome!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance: Thanks Mindy!!  :hug:  :hug:

NancyAndFriends Posts: 1,153

Oh my goodness Mindy...that will be so much fun to look at.  I can see hours, looking at all the wonderful talent out there.  This is a wonderful idea, I know your readers will absolutely love it.
Blessings,
nanc......

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original  :dance: What a wonderful idea, Mindy--this should be an awesome gallery! Thanks for thinking of us!

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

It's a huge task....but will be fantastic. I can't wait to see it!!!

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Mindy! That's a fantstic idea!

I would love to join too. That would be my fav book ever!  :hug:  bear_wub  :hug:

Julia :dance:

bearlysane Melbourne, Australia

Great idea Mindy!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Looks like you've a lot of work ahead of you.

Will all the :photo: be mixed or separated into countries?

Count me in. I'm going to start sorting today!

:hug:
Sandi

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Thanks Mindy! I am sure everyone will appreciate it. That is a lot of work.  bear_original

Hugs, Lynn

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

How exciting!! Can novice's join in too?!  :pray:  bear_rolleyes

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

What an exciting project!  Thank you so much TB&F!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Lancaster PA

Novices: Yes. Everyone starts somewhere. But please, don't make a bear just for the sake of being in the publication. I define "novices" as people who may be new to the art but are reasonably serious about bears.

Gollies: Yes. While gollies count as "dolls" for the TOBYs, I count them as "friends" for the magazine and so will allow them here.

Organization: I'm not 100% sure yet, but I'm thinking it will be divided by country. I'll need to see it to decide.

Lotta work: That's why they pay me the big bucks. bear_original Actually, if everyone submits the form with their photo and names their photo as requested, it shouldn't be too bad. And think of the treat to me of getting to see all the pictures!

Congratulations and thanks to Paula Carter, the very first Face Book entrant!

Cheers,
Mindy

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow how awesome.  :clap:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

What a wonderful idea and what fun too!!!!  :dance:

Chowlea Bears Chowlea Bears

Thanks Mindy for the opportunity.  Much appreciated.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

g010.gif

I got your e-mail, and the gollies are turning summersaults and acting cute.....but then, they aren't Photo-phobic. :crackup:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Thanks Mindy!  bear_original  bear_original
Now to decide which face to send....... bear_grin

Joan

Board footer