Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Hurray! I just sold a bear on ebay with buy it now!!  Then I get an email right after that says - "I am paying with money order and paying extra and would like the rest refunded to my agent.  I am in Africa."  ....darn a scam, this crook ended my auction, he has no feedback.  I replied to his email and said I would only accept paypal, probably won't hear from him again.  Then I read my other emails and someone has sent me money thru paypal and I don't know why.  So I go to paypal and there is no record of that either, I think they were trying to get me to click on the link in the email......

They are very busy out there...those scammers. bear_angry

Everyone watch out.

I've emailed ebay.  Is there anything else I should do??

Joan

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

Joan and anyone else who may have had this happen.....
If your auction was ended by a scam does ebay offer you any assistance in relisting again without the fees??  Or do you get nailed for those listing fees again?

:hug:
~Chrissi

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

I am wondering that too...... bear_ermm

joan

rosebearcottage Rose Bear Cottage
Lake Gregory, California

My eBay auction started off with a scammer. Make sure you go to my eBay to check messages and respond. I thought the email I received was legit and answered. Something didn't seem right about the responses method of entering numbers you see in the scramble. I researched immediately to find out the email did not exist in my eBay messages and the person was no longer a registered user and had only been active since June 06. I emailed support right away and they took action. I still don't feel comfortable especially reading your post. My auction ends in a few hours. Hopefully it goes well.  bear_sad I'm sure if you explain the situation to eBay support they will help with your relisting.

bearhug07 Strange Bears
Sydney

Hi Chrissi

I think you should be able to get your fees back if you report them through as a non-paying bidder...you can do so immediatley if you can attach the email you received.......I have done this in Australia with no problems

chris009av Real Deal Bears

Oh Joan, they think of new ways all the time, don't they.
I have had a spate of scam emails recently but I hadn't heard of that one.
Thanks so much for posting to warn us all  bear_thumb  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Shari Nova Scotia,Canada

I had the same email last night that said someone had sent me a paypal payment. I checked my accounts first as I was not expecting any payment and sure enough it was bogus. Don't click on any links in an email if you are even the least bit unsure. Stay safe and alert!  :hug:

lemmonbears Lemmon Bears
Oregon Coast

Thanks everyone!  I have contacted ebay, but haven't heard from them yet.  I wish these crooks would just move on.....

Joan

Board footer