Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi Friends,
I am not getting to TT very much as I have a show only 5 weeks away. Sounds like ages I know but two of those weeks will be spent on a much needed and long awaited holiday...so in actual fact I only have 3 weeks and I have hit panic stations!
I MISS TT!!!
Anyway...hubby and I have spent some hours lately re-designing my website so if you have time I'd love some feedback!

I went through all my links and deleted any 'dead' ones so it's looking a bit sparse compared to how it was...so after my show I'll be calling for link swaps! Can never have too many!

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Well done Hayley, I love your new site, you and hubby have done fabulous job of it. :clap:

Goodluck with the show too. I hope things go to plan  :hug:

BootButtonBears BootButtonBears
Adelaide
Website

Hayley, I really think you have done a terrific job with your website.  I love the photography on the home page.  It is really easy to navigate around and full of useful information.  Terrific job.  Enjoy your holiday before the big show.  bear_thumb

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Fantastic new website Hayley, it is easy and quick to navigate and so clear. You have done an awesome job! Good luck with the show, please snap a few pictures if you get time.

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Well done  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: I love it and your photography is totally amazing Hayley!!!  Love your new bears ready for your show too.  They are soo cute  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub 
xox Sarah

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

:clap:  :clap: Love your site Hayley!!  A job very well done! bear_thumb  bear_thumb

:hug: &  :hug:
Tracy

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Hayley...your new site looks wonderful.  I had great fun looking at your little creations.  I also forget that you have your "bear cupboard" for supplies.  I need to remember that!! (little mental  note...attn: Shantell).

Hugs

zemeski Posts: 434

Haylay - I LOVE your bears!! I wish all your little orphans could come live with me!! You have do a wonderful job on your Website!!!

Australia

Thankyou people...you are all so kind! I really enjoyed making the site with my hubby but when all is done and dusted, it's nice to hear what others think. This is the first site I have designed using photoshop and it was so much better than trying to design in Dreamweaver. We are also learning to build sites using CSS which will make it baby stuff...after we actually work out HOW to do it. Does anyone else out there use CSS??

Jane, I'll do my best to take some photos.

Shantell...I should make a banner for the vendors forum so people remember about The Bear Cupboard. I guess I forget that people may forget I have it too. (*makes mental note to promote The Bear Cupboard more* :dance: )

Bonnie...yes we intend to enjoy this holiday to the max! We haven't had a decent holiday in 5 years and we are headed for the warmth and beauty of Vanuatu in the South Pacific. Mmmmm..sun! :dance:  I'm sure you guys have probably had about as much sun as you can handle given the temp reports I've heard lately...but here at the extreme south of Australia...we are gettin' our tushies frozen off!
Back to work.

chris009av Real Deal Bears

WoW Great site Haley  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:
Good luck with the show  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

sarahjane Brisbane

Hayley that is a fantastic site...and I just love your bears they are awesome!!!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Nice Site!  Really nice!  The color reduces glare....a key point the older your eyes get, and it is so easy to read and roam around in.  I am quite impressed, and no I'm not all that easy!

Now! those bears!  Wow, fantastic!  ihope the orphans going with you to the show will be gobbled up by ravenous shoppers getting ahead on their Christmas shopping.....maybe you better remind them about Christmas.....

Good luck....they are such nice bears, i have a hard time believing they are orphans

hugs dilu

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

Hayley great job on the site!! very easy to navigate..love the colors and bears! also you do such a cool job on the avatars!  sounds like a lovely vacation!  have fun! deb

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Hayley,

I enjoyed my visit to your site and what a wonderful job you have done.
Your bears are adorable I loved them all but Robearson Crusoe was my favourite.
Best of luck with the show.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Hi Hayley, I Loooooooooove your new website !!  bear_wub
You and your husband did a superb job !!  :clap:
Good luck with the show and have a great vacation.  bear_flower

hugs
Marie

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wonderful, wonderful site!  Loved it.  And your bears are just too, too cute.  Love the tutorial as well; I wish more bearmakers would include those.  Everyone has something they can do well, and can teach and share.  Good on you!

One mention:  The word ORPHANS is misspelled in the bottom menu.  Don't shoot the messenger; just trying to be helpful here!

Irene Irenours-bears
France

Nothing to say than i love everythings Hayley :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Haley you have done a fantastic job on the website ... Good luck with the shows, I am debating about doing the Oct Teddy show at Springvale ... I am doing one on the 24th Sept ... but I will have to make up my mind quickly I guess...

Australia

Thanks so much everyone! It's great to get such positive feedback! Now I just need to get some more bears on there....so busy making at the moment I haven't had a minute to photograph the latest ones.  :photo:

One mention:  The word ORPHANS is misspelled in the bottom menu.  Don't shoot the messenger; just trying to be helpful here!

Shelli...thanks so much for pointing out that typo...hubby did all the text links and it was late at night so I'll excuse him for that reason.  bear_wacko  But I hadn't noticed and usually things like that glare at me. Can't shoot you...there's no smiley for that!
Thanks for the great feedback. I agree about the tutorials too. And some web thingie I read lately says a great way to get people to come to your site is to offer something for free...so free tutorials are a good way to do that and are passed on via word of mouth.
I recently visited Jennie's website (fantastic site BTW!!!!, one of the nicest web designs I've seen  bear_thumb ) and she has a page on 'Making' which is a general overview of what goes into making a teddy bear. I thought it was a great idea as it must be of interest to collectors to know a bit about the 'mysterious' process of creating an artist bear. I may even steal that idea from you Jennie if she doesn't mind! bear_flower
Patsy...which show is on September 24th???

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

I think you did a fantastic job on the site! bear_thumb  bear_thumb  bear_thumb

Hugs, Lynn

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

hi hayley
Love your new website.  Hopefully soon I will have mine up and running!
Hugs
Tracey :dance:

Board footer