Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

:dance: OK!  we all know I can get excited about the silliest things.  When you're my age you take your thrills wherever you can find them.

I just ordered some of the new spring line from Sassy's  Woooohoooo!!!!!

Yeah I know you guys probably already have it......but lately it has felt like the gollies ruled the roost and I decided my hospital stay was going to be mini time.  Then today I decided it was going to be mini time with some of that beautiful fabric we got a glimpse of last November....

I hope it gets here in time, I think it will, she is always so fast.
:dance:  :dance:  :dance:

....I think knowing that I have a lucious frosty yellow or aqua or mauve to play with will help me get through tedious physical therapy....hurru hurry hurry....so that I can get back to my room and sewsewsew!

What do you think?  Good logic?  Yep I thought so too!!!

And I have been going nuts looking for a pattern that I was working on about the same time.  I haven't been able to find it since I posted the first bear out of it......

I FOUND THE PATTERN

I am a strong believer in short term easily met goals and treats....

Wooohooo

dilu

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yahoo, yippee, and hooray for Dilu!!!  Good going, girl!!!  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

yay Dilu....oooh that fabric is so pretty.  I just love amanda's yellow bear made from it, and that's what my itsy baby Pip is made from too.

I know that hospital isn't fun...but hey at least you'll have some pretty new playthings to distract you.  If a parcel can make it from sassy's to nz in 6 days it can get to you!

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Its lovely stuff. It seems such a strong colour on the back, but when made up is so subtle. I used the mauve for Kim's swap bear, Melody. I have used the aqua for a pig. I have'nt got any photos of the pig yet, I will take some soon. Make sure you look after yourself, it will be a nice welcome distraction for you. bear_thumb

Yep, thats what i thought....short term goals....to a really good job on PT and they leave you alone for an hour.  We can get a lot done in an hour....especially with no computers around!  Yikes!!!!!

bear_tongue

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Dilu,
It went out today, Priority Mail. You should have it by Saturday at the latest. Hope that's in time!

Ahhh you are a superhero peach Stephanie.....

I am really excited to see it too.   bear_wub

My experience has been, with your site, that as lovely as it looks on the screen,
it  is more lovely and yummy in person.....and I am sure the nurses will love seeing a wee one go to gether.....Nurses are real pushovers for things like teddies.....

Thank you hon, you are tops
......Oh!  I really can hardly wait....

hugs
dilu

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

Dilu, I am constantly ordering from Sassy Fabrics, ask Steph !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! will post pictures soon of what I have made and busy making. Did you see that Sassy is also carrying ALLIGATOR CLIPS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Taking some mini bears with you to bide your time is a good idea, and I look forward to seeing some of your work when you get round to posting the pictures.

happy stitching
bear_original Lynette

I can hardly wait.  We don't get Saturday service....so I know the package is there.....I got the card, but I can't get to it.   Its like waiting for Christmas morning but you can't sneak down to the USPO and shake the packages.  Monday morning bright and early....I will beg and plead and nag the poor hubs to go and get my box!

I love Sassys stuff for minis.  And was so tickeled when we saw the spring line at the begining of winter.....sigh

which it obviously still is here.....as we are having SNOW...Apri' 15th  blech!

hugs to you mini mavins......someday Iwill catch up and be a maven too

dilu

What about you Winnie and Wiladlady and Aleta?  Snow?

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Dilu... I actually have a little dance that I do when a parcel from Sassy arrives!!!!!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  I call it my Sassy dance!!!!!  I'll do an extra sassy dance for ya!

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

A Sassy Dance!

You'll have to do it, as I can barely hobble.....thanks!  i think the concept of a Sassy Dance has to warm Steph's heart!  it did mine!

My hubby doesn't know, but tomorrow morning early i will start begging for him to go early....

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Awwww, geez ladies!! You're gonna make me cry!!  bear_cry

WildThyme Wild Thyme Originals
Hudson, Ohio

Aww... Stephanie... don't cry... just

DANCE

!  MY very own Sassy Dance is kind of a gleeful little skip as I see the postman get out of his truck & waking up our walk... is it Sassy?  Yes it is!  A quick jump into the air accompanied by joyful little claps!  Okay, then I calm up really quickly so the postman doesn't think I'm a nut!  bear_wacko I grab the package from him... close the door... run to the kitchen to pour a cup of coffee.... grab the coffe and the package and slink off to the bedroom to hide from all the children.... for me, Sassy must be first enjoyed all by my SELF!  I'm not sure I describe the dance itself... it involves a lot of butt wiggling!   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:   

Dilu... I'm happy to do the dance on your behalf... as soon as you are feeling strong and happy, you are going to have to make up your OWN Sassy dance though!  You promise me......?   bear_smile  bear_wub   

Kim Basta
Wild Thyme Originals

You Betcha my friend

.  Wednesday morning the adventure begins.....I can hardly wait to get my bionic knee....I can hardly wait to take a walk in the sun with my hunny.....

wooohoooooo

I have been working on patterns all day- new patterns for the new Sassy Spring line!

hugs

dilu

Estelle Estelles canal bears and Tod Teddies
Todmorden West Yorkshire

Hi Dilu I am just catching up again i haven't been on here for a while, are you dancing yet I do hope so  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I do a mean one legged waltz. my friend.

And I am sewing minibears going to therapy and back-the sassy fabric is so pretty and fun to use it almost feels like chocolate.....

bear_grin

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

I know how you feel. After a few weeks break I was like what bear do I want to do, in which fabric? Sassy frosted lemon! He is going to be called Sunny Jim as thats how the fabric feels, all soft and summery. Its really is lovely stuff.

[size=18]Oh Amanda Sunny Jim sounds like he will be lovely.[/size] 

The sherbert colors Steph made up are so yummy.

Can't wait to see!

:hug:

lapousmor Sophie Z'Ours
Sarthe, France

:dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Have fun with it when it arrives!

And don't forget to show us the result!!!

Beary hugs,
Sophie.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Ok what is Sassy's ? Am I missing something ?? You sound so excited I have to know !!!! Don't know when your post was written , but I hope you are ok !!

Jodi Falk

OH MY GOODNESS !!! I looked up the sight !!! I have been looking for that kind of fur for EVER !!!! I used to do mimi's allot smaller than what I do now but fabric was really hard to find, and the artists that knew about it did't share the info !!!! The first few years of bear making in the USA allot of artists were tight lipped !!!

What is your favorite fabric ? and share pictures please.

DSC02159-2.JPGI usually send my gollies out with a little bear to keep them safe on the trip....so I try to keep ahead on those...these are the last three I have and they need noses.....and the auction ending tonight has a lavendar one to go with her lavender dress...They all remind me of sherbert....which i can eat unlike ice cream, which I love but get sick from....

Board footer