Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

psichick78 Flying Fur Studios
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Hey guys,
In an earlier thread we were talking about buying steel shot. I had some fellow Canadians from out east say they can buy them at Walmart. So I went there the other day, and sure enough the girl wouldn't sell them to me. Not even look at them!! She said I need some sort of licence. I can't remember the exact name.
So I have a couple of questions then. Any Albertains ( as we have a few here) are you able to buy steel shot??
My other question is about stuffing a larger bear. The one I'm working on in 14" and that's huge for me. I hate to use glass beads, bec. all I have are 2 small bags. I think I would end up using both on this bear. I also have some jelly pellets. Maybe those would be good?? I like nice heavy bears.
Anyway, thanks for any info you may have
Heather

Lhearn Critters Creations
Alberta
Website

Hi Heather,
I asked my husband if you require a licence to buy steel shot and he said no! He has used it for reloading and has never been asked to show a licence. You need a licence to buy ammo, but not for the componets such as steel shot. I have not gone to walmart here (Medicine Hat) to buy steel shot, but will give it a try the next time I am in town. I have even in the pass gone to a hunting store and bought shot for my husband  and was not asked for a licence. Not sure why they are telling you this. I think I would ask to speek to the manager.
Lynn

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

I could see asking for a driver's license (do they sell them to people under 18?) but they dont ask for a hunting license or firearms license around here... maybe it is different there...

Board footer