Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Teddy--Holiday-Hound.jpgZippy.jpgZippy                                                          Teddy

Hello my fellow TTers -
We think that my niece has developed an allergy to cats.
So now it is time to find a new home for Teddy and Zippy. bear_cry
If anyone would be interested in taking them home PM me and we can work out the details.

Zippy & Teddy:
2 years old
Front declawed
Fixed

Also includes:
2 litter pans & Scoops
Carpets for litter pans
Food Dish
Bag of food
Bag of litter

Have a dog, not sure that they will react well to other cats.
I love them dearly, but have been considering, for other reasons ($$$), for some time now finding them a new home.
They are active and wrestle with each other.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I hope they find good homes!  Hugs from CA.  Jenn

Pipa UK

oh they are beauties. if i lived in the Us i would take them, i hope they find a loving home that will take them both together!

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awwwwwww...how sad!!!   I wish I was closer...I'd take them.  I wuv kitties...puppies...animals in general...except horses which I'm afraid of.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Is this the beautiful little one who looks so much like the piccy of your grandmother?  Such a delightful child, I am so sorry if she has the allergies, I guess Uncle Jared will simply have to make her bunnies, and kittens and chickies and all manner of a menagerie of pets.

Hmmm.....Lucky little one....I'd rather have Uncle Jared's ideas on family pets than some of the furrbabies I currently have.....but I only say that because they are tying most  incessantly to tell me it is dinnertime.....

spoiled rotten little furrfaces....

Good luck to Uncle Jared and the darling little moppet!

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Jared what beautiful kitties and I LOVE that doggie they are sitting with. bear_thumb  :love:

A kitten has recently adopted our family for his own so I'm out.  I hope you find a really good home and I ma so sorry to hear about your niece and her allergy to these darling felines.  It must be heart-breaking for her.  How old is she?

Polo, IL

Thanks everyone...

Judi - That is mom's Holiday Hound. Before he got dressed.
MaeLynn is 3, she turns 4 in Jan. Where has the time gone?
Her dad had allergies to cats as a child and has since out grown them. I pray that she will too.

I am planning on taking pictures of them and creating posters.

Polo, IL

Ok so I took pictures and made the posters...
I think that one of the gals at work is going to take them...
After I go to bed and get up in the morning I will call her to come get them.
Zippy.jpg
This is Zippy and he does just that Zip around the house.
Picks on Teddy, but cuddles when you sit at the computer... I think he might be a cybercat...
And lets little MaeLynn carry him all over the house, because... "I help Zippy!" she says. Of course he cries his head off but loves every minute of it. Go figure.
Teddy.jpg
This is Teddy and he is just that a teddy bear of a cat.
He hugs and cuddles and can have a drippy nose at times.
But he is the lover...

I will miss them, but not the litter pan and around them up every night.

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

If you must rehome them, & you love them,
please do not offer them for free to strangers.
This article outlines why: http://www.animalaidsw.org/free.html

Have you tried these solutions for minimizing allergens?
http://cats.about.com/cs/allergiesandca … tocats.htm

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

I wish I could help you, but we are now up to our ears in cats.  I take in rescues when I can, and I recently took 5 adult cats who are living in the barn.  I have been feeding a little black cat that now has 4 kittens.  There is a tom that I am feeding now, and that doesn't include my cats I've had for years.  I do have a soft spot for cats.  I think they are terribly mistreated by so many people.  You could check with rescue groups in your area.  They may be able to help.

Polo, IL

Well I know that they are going to a good home.
Kim -
Thanks for the information about the so-called collectors.
That makes my skin crawl...
yuck!

Someday I would like to buy a farm in the country and several acres of land... and create a pet safe haven...
Where people can bring thier pets when they can no longer care for them or are moving and can't take them with.
I would also like to edcuate people about caring for pets and what to expect when having a pet.

We have to keep MaeLynn away from the ktties. When she touches them is when she reacts. And I can't spend all day and all night vaccuming the house to keep the cat hair picked up. MaeLynn is over here most everyday. It wouldn't be fair to the cats and not fair to MaeLynn to keep them apart in the same house. The last time she picked Zippy up she got a rash across her chest, even with her shirt on.

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_original They're such beautiful cats, Jared--what a shame you have to give them up! bear_cry

But cat allergies can be really bad, so you're wise to take no chances.

One of my sons in law can't enter our house, no matter how clean (purely theoretical supposition, of course), because he still reacts strongly enough to 'memory of cat' to end up in the hospital.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

Jared,

I sure hope you get your wish for a place in the country.  We live in the country on 6 acres.  I have a zoo of rescue animals.  I have rescued everything from chickens to horses and love them all.  Of course the cats know this is the place for a meal, so they stop in from all over.  But I am not complaining (I do thank God for the donations I sometimes receive).  We live in a cruel world and there has to be a safe haven somewhere, so why not here?

Polo, IL

How true...
Millie are you set up as a non-profit?

toadbriar ToadBriar
western massachusetts

Ah is your coworker taking them then? It's great if it's someone ya know, who can give updates!
If you do still need to place them, don't overlook putting a poster up at the vet - if not a client, then
maybe a tech needs some kitties. Lots of people want tiny kittens, but those who know where it's at
love grown up kitties best  bear_grin

I hope for her own sake the littl'un grows out of her allergies - she sounds like a one who loves
animals.

I love your farm in the country idea. One that really really appeals to me is, to be a foster home
for animals, but affiliated with women's shelters. It's strange to think of it, but a battered woman sometimes
stays in abusive situations because no shelter or service that might help would take her in with PETS!
& to leave them behind would be unthinkable - nasty people can be vengeful. So I'd like to provide space
to care for the critters of ladies like that until they get on their feet & into an independent living situation.
It's a nice way to help people despite that I am usually better with animals than people, lol

Board footer