Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL

Sue Ann -
The book came today. Mum got the mail and I told she could open it, she did and really like the pictures.
MaeLynn came over a couple of hours ago, she spied it sitting out and brought it over to me.
We looked at all the pictures and I started reading the story to her, but she took over.
Then she took the book over to Mum and they read the story...
Reading at this age is looking at the pictures and making it up.
I really like the book it is great!
Do you have plans to make anymore?

Everyone else-
You should... NO... YOU MUST BUY this great little book.
I know that I will be buying a few more copies to use as gifts.

Well done! :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh , Oh !!! Let me see the book !! Is it a hard back ???? Nice pictures ??? Oh ....I HAVE TO KNOW all about it !!!!

Jodi Falk

Polo, IL

go to Sue Ann's web site and you can read all about it...
I think I paid a huge sum of $5.00 to get it. Well worth every penny!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Jared, how positively sweet you are to mention the book . . . I'm SO glad you, your mom, and especially MaeLynn like TEX.  We wanted to make a series of books, each one dealing with a specific environmental issue.  My next title was Tex R Masaur:  Down in the Dumps, using the land fill problems as the subject.  I had a couple of drawings done, but it never came to fruition.  The first Tex never caught on and as I drove all over Texas showing the book to different book stores, wrote letters, sent out publicity packages and press releases, it became quite clear that marketing/promoting was certainly not one of my talents.  And so much for self-publication.  A bit of trivia:  about 30 miles from where I live, a big purple dinasaur named Barney was born in 1993 . . . the same year that Tex R Masaur was conceived.  We know which one became famous.  Thanks so much for calling attention to Tex.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Ahhhh Sue Ann....still waters run deep.....Congratulations

Polo, IL

That's right Dilu!
I never cared for that big purple thing anyway... I thought he was scary.

Sue Ann -
Have you ever tried selling them on eBay?

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

YEA !!!!  That big purple thing scared me too !!! 

Sue Ann, I checked your web sight, I couldn't find anything about the book, I must be missing it !! Jared said to check there.So I know it must be there some where.I am going to look again now, I hope I find it .

Jodi Falk

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh I found it !! Once I knew the  creatures name I found it !!

How interesting !!! I must pick one up soon. Do you Sue Ann draw those illustrations ?? If so WOWIE ZOWIE !!!!!

Jodi

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Yes, Jodi - I did the illustrations.  It was a fun project.  Jared, I will bring some books to the ABC show in Oct.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Sue Ann,

You are more than a teddy artist .... you are a true artist. I am so excited for you. I used to be able to draw ...but I haven't in years...don't even know if I can any more. Just like singing ....I used to do that also but I think I lost it !!! Used to sing in a Christian Quartet and did allot of solo work . Its true what they say ...if you don't use it you loose it . But wonderful work dearie !!!!! Hope you have much success on the book.

Talk soon , hubby wants to go get fruit for the week  byeeeeeeeee

Jodi Falk

Polo, IL

Board footer