Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

MKinsey/TBF Teddy Bear and Friends
Lancaster PA

MKinsey/TBF Editor of Teddy Bear and Friends

Great idea and cute design, Jodi! I might cut and presew some, then invite my son and his friends to finish them as ornaments. Or maybe, if I get really ambitious, the Cub Scouts -- if the head was made of felt, they could glue on eyes and accessories. How crazy would it be to try it with 40 boys ages 6-11? Hm...

Mindy

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Oh Mindy

....Having had cub scouts in my life the picture your words painted made me giggle.  Yep.....it would be hysterical...pipecleaners, felt, glitter.....boys can really be imginative.

JODY

....you have done such a great job with both your projects....What a Sweetheart you are!

I haven't made mine yet, as mentioned to you earlier, but am cutting it out today.  Where are all the pictures?  here we are on page three and nary a piccy in sight!

comeon you guys....pictures...share.....Jody want to see. I am sure, and boy I want to too!!!

gollyhugs

dilly who can hardly wait to start sewing.....

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

Great idea and cute design, Jodi! I might cut and presew some, then invite my son and his friends to finish them as ornaments. Or maybe, if I get really ambitious, the Cub Scouts -- if the head was made of felt, they could glue on eyes and accessories. How crazy would it be to try it with 40 boys ages 6-11? Hm...

Mindy

animated1161.gif

Mindy ,thank you, and I am so glad you are going to use the pattern. And using felt is a really great idea. I have made something like this in felt and they turn out really cute !!! This pattern can be geared to many ages . Thats why I shared it . And Christmas ornaments is a GREAT idea !!! Maybe thats an idea for another class bear_grin I will have to see. I work retail and we are gearing up for Christmas, trees are already UP !!! So I don't know how much free time I can come up with ,...but Keep an eye out for more   bear_tongue . You have fun and you have to share pictures !!! YOU MUST ,YOU MUST !!!!

Bear Hugs And Blessings From Above

Jodi Falk

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Come on every one you must share your pictures !!! I know this project doesn't take long sooooooooooooo where are they !!!  I want to see what you do with it !!!

Dilu ..... I want to see yours. You could do a golly head !!! Just cut off the ears !! OUCH !!!! Gently !! bear_ermm  bear_grin

And all you people out there that don't talk but look I WANT TO SEE YOURS ALSO !!!!!!!  bear_grin  bear_grin

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Dearest Jodi,  bear_flower
Thank you for sharing this darling pattern!  I love fast little projects like this.  It's a great little take-along in the car and helps use up those little scrap mohair pieces I just can't seem to toss in the bin.  I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. 

Warmest hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Jare Hares & Bears Jare Hares & Bears
Polo, IL
MKinsey/TBF wrote:

Mindy

6-11 y/o boys... I can only imagine what will be created...
I am thinking space aliens...
Good Idea, Mindy!

You know that gives me an idea. I know a girl scout mother at work, she's always looking for good ideas. Jodi would you mind if I shared this with her?

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

JARED , I WOULD LOVE IT. ITS THERE FOR EVERY ONE TO HAVE FUN !!!!! So GO FOR IT !!!

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Hi Jodi I already cut a "few" bear pins! I can't stop making the little heads! I am making a couple the size of the original pattern  a "few" of smaller ones! I have so many little pieces of Mohair than I can not used  but, can't make myself to through them away and this pattern of yours is the perfect size for those left over pieces!! You told Dilu what about making a Golly one and I think that is a good idea too! I am thinking of putting some of the heads inside flowers, to make like a corsage?? ..I made a long time ago, one little bear head in a rose and one inside a  carnation for a friend and her husband that were having the grand opening of their bear store. Your little head is so much better that the one I used!. Mine was just a smaller bear head. I will see if I can have "some" of them done tomorrow and I will show pictures ( if I ever can stop making them!  bear_grin ) I think I will make some of them , to put on Christmas tree and gift packages!!  One of the good things about this pattern you share with us is  that, you can make it, as detailed, with Mohair glass eyes and the rest, use a lot of embellishments  or make it as simple as  a fun projet for kids, like Jare's idea.  Felt???... I think I have to try that one too!!
Thanks again Jodi.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

pin-project-021-200pix.jpg

Gladys !!!!! I am so excited that your taking off with this project. You will be sharing the love every where !! And thats what it is all about !! GOD'S speed Dearie !!!! :dance: You have even given me some ideas!!! Smaller ones are really cute. I bumped this one up so it would be easier for every one  bear_grin  But if any one wants to do that just go to a copy machine and play around with shrinking it . Till you get a size you like. But the smaller you go the harder it may be.

Have Fun Gladys, and you must share pictures !!!

Jodi Falk

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Dear Jodi,

Thanks so much for sharing your delightful little Bear brooch with us.
I look forward to finding the time to make one.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Carolyn,
       Your most welcome. Hope you have a grand time making one, or allot  bear_grin But you must send pictures.

Jodi Falk

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

REMEMBER EVERY ONE.......

131-1.gif

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

PICT0005-Small.JPGJodi,  Thanks so much for the pattern!!!

Here's mine.  I made him a Halloween bear, though. 

Hugs,
Patty

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Patty !!!! Patty !!!!! Patty!!!!!   I LOVE IT !!!!!! Wow what a good job ! I am so excited , can't wait to see more. Come on every one !! You must try one. Ask Patty , it is fun ! :dance:

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

That is sooooooooooooooooooo cute Patty! Good idea to make it for Halloween  bear_thumb It is a lot of fun to make them. Mines are almost done tomorrow I will take pictures.
Bear hugs and Golly smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Thanks, Jodi and Gladys, 

And YES, it was fun to make

, and quick too.  I went into my scrap bag for the mohair.  I have another one cut out.  He (or she) will be a Christmas bear.  We're going to Tahoe this weekend.  I think I'll cut out a couple more to take and work on there.

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Well, I am hooked too.  Thanks Jodie for the pattern,  I delved into my jars, boxes, draws, and shelves and found lots of things I can use on other pins.  I even found some brooch pins that I had bought ages ago.

Well, here goes everyone my first one....

teddy_brooch.jpg

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Denise !!!! Also WONDERFUL, I am getting such smiles out of this,is every one else enjoying this as much as I am? So much fun.Its good to know that we will be sharing some happiness as we give these as gifts.Its a good thing bear_smile  Keep sharing , even if you make 10 share 10 !

Jodi Falk

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Here they are!000_0857.jpg000_0858.jpg000_0860.jpg000_0862.jpg000_0864.jpg000_0872.jpg000_0867.jpg
Well Jodi you wanted to see  a lot!! I had so much fun,  have had to stop myself from keep on making them! The bigger one ( the only white one) will be to put on a special present, like a bow and the last one is a tree ornament. She is an Angel. all of the other ones are pins.
B.hugs and G. smiles.
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA
Bearalive wrote:

Here they are!http://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0857.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0858.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0860.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0862.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0864.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0872.jpghttp://www.teddy-talk.com/upload2/000_0867.jpg
Well Jodi you wanted to see  a lot!! I had so much fun,  have had to stop myself from keep on making them! The bigger one ( the only white one) will be to put on a special present, like a bow and the last one is a tree ornament. She is an Angel. all of the other ones are pins.
B.hugs and G. smiles.
Gladys :rose:

Galdys !!! I love them, you have really been busy!! Makes me laugh with joy to see how much fun you are having.Any one who would get any of those will love them also. Good job !! Keep going !! bear_grin

I love the Golly !!!!! Dilu do you see him ?

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

000_0869.jpg
Thank you Jodi! I have to stop ( for now!! ) but, I did enjoy making them , like I said, sooooooooooo much and still have so many more in mind! Here is a picture I forgot  bear_grin  Is a closer look at the Angel one, the ornament.
Have a great weekend bear_flower
G.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Cute idea !!! Thanks for sharing !! :dance:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Gladys, you have been so busy and they are all terrific.  We have Jodie to blame for this. Usually I have new bear ideas racing around in my head, now it is different brooch designs,

Bearalive Bearalive
S.California
Website

Thanks Denise and you are right! It is ALL Judi's doing bear_grin
Have a nice rest of the weekend.
B hugs and G smiles
Gladys bear_flower

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Hay guys !! ITS jodi  bear_whistle  hope you get past the teddy heads and go on to the bodies  bear_grin You will recover bear_grin

a136.gif

Jodi

Board footer