Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Patty Posts: 36

I have seen the t-shirts that just have the logo on them, but would it be a possibility at some point to be able to order t-shirts with individual artist's logos on them, like the artists' avatars or a collage of all of the member artists' bears on it? I think that would be really cool.

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

OOH, neat idea Patty, but I imagine it would be too expensive to do individual artists logos on shirts and to fit all the artists bears on one shirt would likely have to be an awfully BIG shirt - bear_grin

Individual artists could do their own shirts though if they had enough customers wanting them. I did T-shirts with pictures of my bears, from drawings, a few years back when my daughter was working at a T-shirt printing place, but generally you would need to have quite a large order for it to be economical.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

You know I might look in to that !! I picked up something at Cord Camera  the other day and they do it there. I will have to see if I can find that paper. But I should check at a printers. Ummmmmm Funny you brought this up. I was wondering of how to do the same thing , with pictures of my bears.
WHOOOOO knows !!!!

Jodi Falk

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Maybe a group of us artists could go together on this project and split the fee for the work then sell our own to who ever wants them . UMMMMMMMMMM

Dilu Posts: 8,574

I think we are asking a bit much to be able to individualize the Teddy Talk T-Shirts.  But don't they have shops that do this, you take in a picture and they put it on for you?

I think I have seen grandmothers wearing t-shirts with their grandbabies on them?

is it this planet?

dillywonkers

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Actually, anyone can set up an account at Cafe Press and have not only shirts, but a VARIETY of shirt styles; mugs; journals; mouse pads; and all sorts of other items printed up with just about any image you want.  I'm thinking of setting an account up with them myself.  I'm telling you a little more than I know and I haven't read the user agreement there carefully, but I think the idea is that it's a print-on-demand concept.  They only print what's ordered... whether it's one piece or one thousand.

This is the same concept behind Lulu.com, a self-publishing website.  You can uploan entire BOOKS there and then they're printed out when customers order them, on demand.  Lulu takes a commission that's about 20% of PROFIT (you get the other 80% and the customer foots the bill for materials costs.)  www.lulu.com

Cool, eh?

Cafe Press can be found at:

http://www.cafepress.com/

Patty Posts: 36

Since it would be using other people's art work and possibly their logos, I believe to do this myself would be a form of copyright infringement. I don't see myself as being able to claim a stuffed bear as my grandchild. I am sorry if I rubbed anyone the wrong way, it was just a question.

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Oh, yes, good point Patty, about copyright infringement. 

I was providing the Cafe Press information for interested bearmakers/photographers who are able to take pictures of their own work.  That way, each bearmaker could provide a shirt of his or her own that collectors, friends, family, other bearmakers, could purchase!

I think it's nice that you'd want to wear shirts featuring photos of your favorite artists and/or their bears!

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

dusty-300pix-chest.jpg

Patty,

There are no wrong questions! I am glad you brought this up. It is interesting and who knows we may do this some time.A Teddy Talk gang T shirt . Would be fun.Might have to do pre orders first to see ya know. But I am not in charge so I really cant plan any thing.Any way you brought it up so it is in the minds of those who can control it.
Thanks Patty for your interest.Like I said before I would like to do some shirts but from what I understand it would be expensive to sell, in less I could buy bulk and who knows how many people would want one. I may have to ware bear shirts every day for the rest of my life to get rid of them !!! bear_grin

Jodi Falk

Board footer