Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Stephanie Sassy Bears & Fabrics
Aurora, Colorado

Marci2.jpgMarci.jpgOK! So it's NOT a bear . . . . .but it IS a miniature!!
I've been wandering off the path a little bit. I have been wanting to learn more thread sculpture and dolls are a good place to learn.
I convinced Vicky Riley of Dinky Babies to make some mini doll patterns and am having a blast!!!

Here is Marci, she sits 3" tall and has needle-felted hair. My first time with felting needles, so I'm pretty pleased! She also has glass eyes and is filled with polyfil and steel shot, so she has a nice weight to her and site very nicely.

I've got a new one cut out, smaller than this. Can't wait to see how it turns out!!

sarahjane Brisbane

Oh Wow....she is so cute!!! I love her she looks really really sweet... bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Can the patterns be bought anywhere??

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Very cute! first try huh with needle felting?...That is marvelous...by the way, how are your fingers? The first time I tried needle felting I had...shall we say...several encounters with the needle and my fingers...I should have stock in "band aides".

Michelle

Aurora, Colorado

felting-needleopt.jpgsarajane: I'm working on it!

Michelle: I got a couple short felting needles and made a little polymer clay handle for them. I basically just made a clay bead and stuck the needle in it and then baked it. The needle is shorter than the head is thick, so it never goes all the way through. Never poked my fingers once! I needed something small to work on these bitty heads.

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh, she is CUTE!!! I want her!!!

I received my 2nd order from you today Stephanie and once again I am THRILLED...thank you so much!!

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

How cute!!  Great new creation!

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Steph, you already know how I feel...She is absolutely adorable....

Extra GoodGollyHugs and Thanks for Monday too....you truly are a special lady and a peach to boot!

di

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Oh my gosh, shes adorable Stephanie!!!  Shes so cute  bear_innocent  bear_innocent

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Wow Stephanie, fantastic work  :clap:

kbonsall Kim-Bee Bears
Pennsylvania

Gosh she is cute!!!  bear_wub  bear_wub  bear_wub

Laurie Laurie Lou Bears
Norfolk

I don't usually go for dolls but this little one is sooo cute bear_wub
Laurie :hug:

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

I'm in love !  bear_wub  bear_wub
She is as cute as can be !

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Stephanie she is just the cutest doll .... I love her

VermontHarvest Vermont Harvest Primitives
Vermont

WOW.  SHE IS SO CUTE.  I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HER......

GREAT JOB...NEEDLE FELTING CAN HURT.  VERY GOOD IDEA TO DO THE CLAY THING  :)

DOREEN

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Super cute!  I love her little bent limb pose.  Did you use stockinette?

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute !! I love her . Good job looks like you had fun making her.

Aurora, Colorado

Thank you all! I'm having a really good time and it's a nice break from bears. Don't worry! I have no plans on giving up bears!! It's just that something a little different every once in a while is nice. And I can take the new skills I learn with dolls back to my bear making.
I have the patterns and fabric now. Marci is made from craft velour that many doll makers use. It's a polyester knit with just a little stretch. Just the right amount for needle sculpting. I prefer the fuzzy side out, but you can use the smooth side out too. I have 2 other types of fabric too, each different but all good for doll skins.
She really was fun to make, and pretty easy too. Still haven't got the smaller one done yet! I got sidetracked by a miniature penguin.

hatsuko Nasseh-Ya
Seattle, WA

So adorable! I love her little fingers and toes :3

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

oh she is sooooo cute!
bear_wub  Kerren

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

Stephanie she is adorable.  I have seen all the new doll stuff on your website and am soooo tempted...but then I'm tempted by all the stuff on your website  :crackup:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

100_2875.jpg

This is another one of Steph's little gals.....I love her red hair and she came with a monkey!!!  And the two of them monkey around all the time here.  The gollies are captivated by her.

I wish i had  more piccys, but the camera is still at Sony being fixed....sigh...Well its only been 9one week i guess i shouldn't be fussing too much....

Thank you Stephanie...love your work....and I'm not done yet!

gollyhugs
dilu

Aurora, Colorado

Nikki.jpgDilu,
Here's a new pic for you. I shot this just before she left.
I'm so glad Nikki has such a wonderful mommy!!

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Tooooooooooooo cute, Dilu ! ! ! !

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Talk about adorable Stephanie. Just what every self respecting bear needs. Their very own Dolly, bear_wub

Board footer