Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

Pages:
aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

I saw a topic earlier on how to thread the eyelids, but I don't even know what material to use and where do you get it?
Thanks!!!
Aerianna

Acipenser Bine-Teddies
Stockholm

I use thin leather strips, which are sold in craft shops in the jewelry making department. I think, Shelli recommended this in the Edinburgh classroom. She makes holes left and right of the eye and glues the leather strips into the holes. That didn'tt work for me, because the glue made the leather so sticky that Icouldn'tt get itthrought the hole bear_grin I just glued the ends onto the fabric then and that worked fine.

Sabine

aerianna aerBears
Sacramento, CA

Thank you so much! I can't wait to try it.
Aerianna

Winney Winneybears and Friends
White City, Oregon

Do a search here and on Edinburgh message boards...for eye lids...there is a lot of info. on this as we covered it long ago... Winney

Shana Hawaii

Wow Ive tried different things to make those eyelids and always wondered how it was done.  Im glad I read this.
Shana

Deb Upstate New York

There she is ... there's Shana from Hawaii!  Aloha!  (Adorable bear!)

Deb

Shana Hawaii

Aloha Deb!!  Here I am!!  I love your Bear.  I love the 2 colors.  Ive never tried doing two colors but someday.  I love that colors.
Aloha, Shana

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

can i ask if all the eyes with lids..the really neat ones you girls have that look sooo real ..are glass? and where do you get them? i have some very pretty specialty eyes..can i use those and make the lids? and the felt on/around  eyes i dont understand!  thanks deb  really want to try upgrading my techniques with eyes!! and you  all do such lovely ones!

Deb Upstate New York

Somewhere here on the board are instructions for eyelids.  I haven't tried them myself.  Trying to work up the nerve.  Try searching eyelids.

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Shelli has talked about this several times...are we just a bunch of difficult learners or what...

Here's a  couple recent posts...

http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=1432
http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=179

This should be a place to start...

Good Luck...I'm wanting to try it too...her eyes are wonderful!!!

Fairfax,Vermont

thanks i'll do that.  i am only online twice a day and then usually for about an hr or so..so i havent followed all the threads in this forum..not enough hours in my day! say a few thank you prayers along with me on an unrealted topic please...my stepson is in iraq and the email we just opened said he didnt go on his regular mission last night and the hummvee he usually drives was hit by a roadside bomb..no fatalities but the driver got hurt..im going to go thorw up i think,, sorry just needed to  whimper a minute,,   deb

Deb Upstate New York

Deb,

Can you just give us a first name?  Please keep us posted!

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Deb, you and yours are absolutely the focus of warm thoughts on my end today.  I hope all turns out well.

Please take good care.

Hugs,

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Deb, am sending best hopes and wishes that he is not hurt badly . . . please keep us posted as to his condition.

Fairfax,Vermont

thank you all for the kind words..Derek is my stepsons name..they are stationed somewhere west of baghdad..not exactly a secret with the news and all,, he personally was not hurt..he is usually the driver..he was assigned elswhere yesterday so did not go with his regular crew..no fatalities thank god..but scared them all..the replacement driver took some minor shrapnel and had  a concussion. there should be more bears in the world and less politicians and bad guys anywhere!  hugs deb

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

heartsez wrote:

there should be more bears in the world and less politicians and bad guys anywhere!

AMEN!

Mutz Mutz's Tootsz Bears & Buds
New Berlin, Wisconsin

Deb,
I will keep Derek (and you) in my prayers as I am sure all of our members will. Thank him from us for serving and let him know we are sending him teddy bear hugs until he is able to come home safe and sound.
Amy

Fairfax,Vermont

thanks to all of you! its pretty scary for my husband especially..nowadays you have a much better idea of whats going on thanks to modern technogy..that good and bad.they dont go off to france for 6 years and send a few letters ,,, you can actually hear from them most days if they want to..bittersweet and terrifying!  well best to all and on to cherrier topics!!!  hugs deb

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes:  "World government needs bears."  That's by Helen Exley.  Thank goodness Derek is safe!!

White City, Oregon

My prayers go out to all our men in the middle east....and to the moms and dads.
Yes..tell your step son we all send our furriest of hugs to him...Winney

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Really scary, Deb. I'm glad Derek's okay.

Tell him and all his buddies for us that THE BEAR PEOPLE are praying for them.

Eileen

Fairfax,Vermont

i will do that thanks! havent heard much in the past few days but the news says there is a big push bythe shiites to terrify the people,,numerous police murders and bombings aimed at citizens,,,160 killed in one day..derek mentioned the color of the euphrataes river the other day..so i know he is near there somewhere..
on a  bear topic..much more pleasant..the eyelids and eye sets you can buy seem to be plastic?... unless you make your own,,any body have a fav place to buy their eyes?  deb

White City, Oregon

WHat color did he say the euphrataes river is ?

I get my glass eyes from Edinburgh but I think Intercal has them too ....Winney

Fairfax,Vermont

im embarrased to say im not sure,,my initial thought was he said it was green..he also said there isnt much color there and would i send him some foliage pictures? did a web search for curiosity but no mention of the color,,,you guys are very sweet thanks! its hard to type and play ball..snickers NEVER gets tired of playing,,,we parents are tired tho! off to bed!! hugs deb

Deb Upstate New York

So .... eyes secured in place BEFORE you insert the cord, or after?  Honestly, I've got a bear with a needle stuck in her head, and when I really press hard to get the needle through, it presses on the eye and I'm afraid it'll loosen it. 

Guess I need remedial eyelid training.

Pages:

Board footer