Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

Hi All.

After popping in quickly last Tuesday, I have once again been away for yet another week. I have been at the computer for hours and hours finishing a slideshow production for my Grandmothers 90th birthday which went off with a bang yesterday. I just couldn't face being at the computer for one second longer than I had to during that time so TT was pushed aside. I never would have thought I could get sick of the computer...but I ended up with neck strain, tired eyes, and a thick head....and was totally sick of the computer!Anyways, it's done now and my house looks like we've had a personal Cyclone...so most of today will be spent washing and vacuuming...but I wanted to pop in and say three things.
Firstly, thanks you all for your lovely birthday wishes last week...they meant so much.
Secondly...Pen..I feel responsible for your birthday being overlooked....I wasn't around and had my mind elsewhere...so please accept my belated wishes, and I hope it was a great day for you! Hopefully the new calendar will avoid this happening again. For what it's worth..I still have you down for two birthdays..one in August and the other on July 4th.:lol::lol::rolleyes:
And thirdly...Shelli....way cool that you won a Golden Teddy.....your work really shines and you are so deserving of that acknowledgement. Congrats to you!!!
I have also been working on a comp bear for a comp that is on in Melbourne (which is our states capital city). Well...they cancelled the comp with only 10 days notice...so I was very dissapointed......but more disappointed to hear that the comps in the shows in our neighbouring states later this year have been cancelled too.
Worse still, the show in Melbourne, which is usually three times a year, and has been cutting down to two shows a year, has been cancelled period, and last weekends show will  be the last. This means no bear show for our state. It was a big show with over 130 exhibitors too so it's quite significant. Seems to be a sign of the times...but the promotor has been letting the show fall through the cracks for a while now...and she's obviously just decided she's had enough. I do hope someone else will step in and take over.
Now it's back to the housework...I've used up all my puter time catching up on 4 pages of chatter from you guys!

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Hi Hayley,
We've missed you!!
Glad your grandmother's Bday was such a success!!
Sorry to hear about the Melbourne shows.... this seems to be happening everywhere.

Big hugs to you!
Daphne

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Hiya, Hayley . . . so glad you're back - we've missed you A LOT, Kiddo!!

Marie_ Kiprie Bears
Yokohama, Japan

Welcome back Hayley !! :lol:
We missed you allot !

Wow, you made the slideshow for your grandma?
How wonderful !!!! I never made a slideshow thing
but I herd its just HARD & TOO MUCH TIME NEED etc.
I hope your neck and eyes will recover soon !!

I am so sorry to hear about the Melbourne shows...
PS. I received your nose template ! Thank you !!!!
Hugs/Marie

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Hi Hayley,

It was neat to hear from you again and glad that your Grandmothers 90th went off with a bang!
What a shame about the Melbourne Show been cancelled - as you said it seems to be a  sign of the time.:(
Glad you are back and look forward to hearing from you again.

Hugs
Carolyn

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Hi Hayley,

Welcome back, sounds like oyu had a ball at your Grandmother's 90th!! 

Great to have you back with us!
Did you get to the MTE this time??

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_laugh Welcome back, Hayley:D

And thanks gazillions for the wonderful nose template. It's a winner. My first embroidered nose came out very well!

Eileen

Australia

It IS nice to be missed...you're all so sweet!;)

Marie and Eileen, glad your templates arrived and you have already had success Eileen! When can we see??

Danni, I didn't make it to the show...we had rellies around from all over Australia...some I hadn't seen for many years...plus I

was totally dead on my feet! Don't know WHY these things must fall on the same weekends!

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

LOL yes, the organises should have a book of Hayleys dates..just so she doesn't miss out LOL

Sad news about MTE, Canberra doesn't even have a doll and bear show anymore bear_sad  It had been running for years, in aide of The Smith Family.  I had gone once, but only has a doll collector, years ago, and snobbed the bears  (kicking myself now) .  However, the show was handed over to the Smith Family to run, and apprently they find it too much work, and canned the whole thing ... such a shame!

Danni

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

Hayley, Hayley :/

Look to the left.  bear_laugh That's supposed to be a template nose on my avatar. Tell me it looks like a nose or the bear gets it! :lol:

Eileen

Australia

Okay Eileen! The truth is...that nose is SO GOOD...that I thought it was clay sculpted one! So there! I did mean to comment earlier on your beaut new avatar creation but got sidetracked. He's (sorry, she's) terrific! Well done!
I did like your little grizzly avatar...but this one is heaps better! No stopping you now!;)

Eileen Baird'sBears
Toronto

bear_grin Thanks, Hayley!

I guess the avatar bear will live. I miss the little grizcub too--but I'm about to make him in mohair, I hope!

Eileen

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

A belated "hello" Hayley! 

Sorry about the shows bear_ermm  Hopefully they'll come back soon!

Board footer