Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

clare14 Country Bears
England

Ooooh I'm so blue, fed up, cheesed off, whatever you call it where you are.  I've so much to cope with at the moment, I won't bore you with details and depress you all too, just wondered if you had any tips for shaking the blues??   I keep thinking I feel a bit better, then it's all downhill again - boo hoo!!

I usually love this time of year - but it's just pants at the moment   bear_cry

Sorry to be so depressing....... :hug:

Thanks for listening....  bear_wub

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Oh Clare sweetie - tell us what's been going on!  :hug:

I like chocolate to help me get over the blues!  bear_tongue

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

Feeling  bear_sad  bear_sad  bear_sad ?

Here's some  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: !!

When, and if, you feel like sharing......we're all pretty good listeners!   bear_flower

Warmest and biggest heartfelt warm and smooshy bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

sarahjane Brisbane

Aww Clare I know how you feel....I don't really have any great tips just some hugs for you... :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

Bear hugs from me too.  Would finding something to distract your thoughts help.
Have a clean out of the wardrobe and then go shopping to replace what you have thrown out.

Shopping helps me sometimes....

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  and a millon more for you Clare. Whatever has upset your normal balance of life you can share with us if you wish. As you know you have many friends here on TT. If you want to vent out privately feel free to PM me and I'll give you a couple of semi worn out ears to use. Remember Clare a problem shared is a problem halfed...and if you share it round all of us ...well we'll all help if we can.

Hugs Jane.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

shantell Apple Dumpling Designs
Willamette Valley Oregon

Awww...Sweetie, I so understand the blues. I've been feeling them myself lately.  Just the other day I was in what I referred to as a "wickedly foul mood" so I went online and was just looking at some of my favorite ecard sites and decided to send cards to some of my favorite people (the ones who I actually HAD emails for) and just the act of sending notes to others and making THEIR day somehow cheered me up.   Then, I started getting emails back and phones calls which was just the icing on the cake.

Hugs to you, my friend,
Shantell

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Sorry to hear it Clare - wish you all the best for feeling better soon  :hug:   I am keeping my fingers, eyes, and toes (and anything else that will work) crossed for you.

Don't feel pressured into sharing, but remember the old saying, a trouble shared, is a trouble halved LOL

Danni

bearsbybeesley bears by beesley TM
Tofield Alberta Canada

Awe Clare Hon! Here is some wonderful thoughts and love to send your way! bear_wub  bear_wub  : bear_cry  bear_cry  bear_cry 

Alot of us have suffered with Depression and well just the blues so we all know how it feels. You take wonderful care of yourself and pamper in the tub with lots of bubbles and music and maybe a glass of wine.

Just know we are here for you always!

Hugs Louise

Helena Bears-a-Bruin!
Macclesfield, UK

Big hugs to you Clare --- sorry to hear you sounding so down, and I hope life brightens up for you soon  :hug:

How about putting on some of your favourite music? Something upbeat to make you happy? Or mellow to make you chilled....

bear_flower

SunnieOne Sunnie Bears
Ridgecrest, CA

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I have had the blues also... don't even know why!!  :hug:  :hug:

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

When I'm feeling blue and funky and just can't get out of it, I choose a particularly light, slight, fluffy bit of escapism in the form of a movie.  Maybe something with Meg Ryan?  Or, if she's not to your liking, a fantasy?  Lord of the Rings?  I get absolutley lost in it all and *poof*, suddenly the world feels just so much happier.  You MUST bring a blankie along, preferably something fleecy and decadent.

We ARE all good listeners here, and full of understanding and empathy.

Feel better soon, hun!  :hug:

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Sorry to hear that you are feeling like this, Clare.

As Shelli said watch a movie so you can forget about life for a while and eat some chocolate.

Sending big hugs and hope that you will soon be feeling better.

Hugs
Carolyn
:hug:  bear_flower  :hug:

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Sometimes a long walk with my dog all by myself with my favorite music on the ipod will make me feel better.  Or calling my daughters, they always cheer me up.  A major funk, however may require more drastic measures like shopping or fresh baked cookies.   I also like Shantell's idea of doing something for someone else, you know, be a blessing to someone.  Hugs are always good too.   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Clare, I wish I knew how to shake the blues. I don't seem to be dealing too well myself these days... or for the last few months for that matter.

I will say that it's nice to have friends I can moan and groan to.... both internet friends and in person friends... and if it weren't for them I'd go crazy!

So keep reaching out, keep talking, don't go it alone!!

And remember, God loves you and will never give you more than you can handle. He's always there to carry your burdens for you if you can surrender them. That's the hard part as we live in a selfish, controlling society.

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Tons of hugs to you!!!  When I'm feeling icky I do all of the things that normally make me feel happy.  I might buy something small online just for me....I like waiting for the package to come..I get all excited like a kid at Christmas.  I put on my comfy clothes. (I love extra comfy yoga pants...I don't do yoga, I just like the comfy pants bear_grin ) and then I might rent or pop in a favorite movie.  For food: I tend to go for thick cut, sea salted, oven fries with tons and tons of ketchup...... later on maybe the sweet stuff.  Cranking a really good "feel good" song always works for me too.
:hug:  :hug:  :hug:
~Chrissi

edie Bears by Edie
Southern Alberta

Sorry to hear that life is getting your down, Clare. I find the best remedy is escapism - to get totally away from your problems for a bit so you can cope. Now as I have said before I think the BEST escapism is a trip to Disneyland - bear_grin  - but failing that a good fun absorbing movie or a great book that you can't put down takes me off to another world for a bit. Sending you lots of hugs -  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Directions to shake the blues:

1) Get plenty of sleep at night at least 8 hours
2) After you wake up take a nice hot shower...While you are in there thank God for all your blessings.
3) Pray for those who you know that need your prayer.
4) Eat your favorite breakfast.
5) Plan a day just for you.What ever makes you happy.
6) Tell your self you choose to be happy
7) Just look at all the really beautiful things that God has created.
8) Watch a favorite movie , one you can loose your self in.
Eat something you enjoy for dinner.
9) Go to bed at a good time for you to get plenty of rest.

I think we just need to choose to be happy, help others and spread the love. Surround your self with people who love you , like here at TT  bear_grin  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

We are good at lisening! :hug:

Gail Bear With Me Enterprises
Website

At this time of the year a lot of people suffer from SAD ( seasonal affective disorder) which is basically caused by not enough sunlight. With all the dull, cloudy sunless days we have been having lately ( at least where I live ) it is very easy to feel down. For some people light therapy works to help lift the mood. Of course if there are other things going on in your life at the same time it compounds the problem. Hope you feel better soon
Hugs
Gail

fredbear Fred-i-Bear
Johannesburg
Website

The blues, ha these colours, just imagine if today we were having
the pinks- I would imagine we would all be feeling rather girlish,
the greens, this would be the days when everyone around us was walking off with all the "winning bears" and we were feeling just a teeny bit envious.
the yellow days- this would be when we ate too much pudding the night before.
the red days- when we were put through to the 10th person on the telephone trying to sort out a query,

but Clare how to solve those blue days, for me I must say I try and do some form of excercise. Its the LAST thing I want to do, but something I HAVE to do, as I sit on such a fine line of going over the top ( speaking from experience having been in and out of hospitals during difficult times in my life).
So when things start building up, and believe me this life is going to present us all with trying times, then on go the walking shoes.
Sometimes it also helps bouncing it off to friends/ strangers , the saying getting it off your chest , is very true.

And one more thing - Why Clare 14?
everytime I see this name I see a 14 year old girl, and think gosh we have a young bear maker here,

sending you a big bear hug from Africa,
Lynette

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Dear Clare: Life can be yucky. It is hard to make sense out of it sometimes. Eleven years ago I almost died. So when I have a bad day, I thank God I am alive to have a bad day. It helps me put things in perspective.

So what do you do about the blues? Well all our teddy bear friends gave great advise. The one thing I could add is to surround yourself with all the things you love and make you happy.

Please know you are not alone and if you want to say more, we are all here for you.

Hope you feel better soon Clare

Bear Hugs

Michelle

All Bear All Bear by Paula
Kent
Website

D-I-S-C-O ... yep, disco music!  Loud and proud!  Put on a cheesy CD and blast out 'It's raining Men' by the Weather Girls or some other boppy music ... whether you feel like it or not, it will soon have you bouncing again. 

Failing that, a long walk somewhere you love. 

Or 'Bridget Jones' on the DVD player!

If all else fails, give in to it and bawl your eyes out, then have a good hot bubble bath and spoil yourself with a pamper session. 

Last suggestion is pick up the phone and call someone ... I always call my sister ... get it off your chest with someone who is there for you.

Oh and don't forget, if things are getting too much for you ... ask someone to help.

jenny Three O'clock Bears
warwickshire uk
Website

I chew someones ear off about whatever it is that bothers me!! That's a definite therapy for me if I am like that...Getting it off my chest is the best medicine when I feel like that. That's not to say publicise it on here...not unless you want to. But talk to anyone who will listen and be sensible.
I get my hubby to give me a cuddle..or I cuddle the dog..or cat ( who's probably thinks 'get off me, will you!!)
I think a lot and go for a walk..and make bears!!

These days though I often think about what's causing it and 9 times out of 10 for me anyway it's that time of the month!!!! Nuff said!!

Celena Oxford

Oh dear Clare  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  I hope you feel better.   bear_flower

Board footer