Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

Dilu Posts: 8,574

HELP!!!

I 'Goggeled' polymer clays and there are so many to choose from.  I can't find the post where ( I think Shelli) spoke about what she uses for noses. 

Please please, whoever was telling us about this, please post again.  I'm sorry-  next time I will copy/print so that I do not loose the info

Dilu

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Wasn't me.  I use floss. bear_sad  I have, in the past, used Sculpey, though.  I like the fabric look of the floss better, though; that's why I worked to learn how to embroider with it.

Judi?  Laura?  Anybody? bear_original

Laura Lynn Teddy Bear Academy
Nicholasville, KY
Website

Laura Lynn Banner Sponsor

Hmmm... I thought I remembered a thread about that... but can't remember where?  Maybe it was on aoother discussion board?  I get all mixed up sometimes and forget what I heard where! bear_tongue

Oh well

I found a web site with leather cording in different colors as well as different types polymer clay.  One FIMO that gets cooked and one that is air dry.  So I thought I would play around with those while waiting to find out what the reccomended clay was. 

I really only want noses for real fur bears- besides it will be fun making them and I can't find noses big enough for the biggish bears. But I like to use different color floss when I do when of my fun colored bears.I know what you mean Shelli,

Oh Laura, it is so easy to get confused, I live in that state all the time.....

Oh, it only SAYS the backwoods of Oregon, it really is the state of Confusion.

Thank you ladies

Dilu

crisw Posts: 12

I am a newbie bear-maker and am wondering about how you affix polymer noses once they are made. Do you bake a loop into them?

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

crisw, I'm gonna create a new thread for your question so it gets more attention.  I know many people have thoughts on this...!

Christine Christine Pike Bears
Norfolk, UK
Website
Dilu wrote:

HELP!!!

I 'Goggeled' polymer clays and there are so many to choose from.  I can't find the post where ( I think Shelli) spoke about what she uses for noses. 

Please please, whoever was telling us about this, please post again.  I'm sorry-  next time I will copy/print so that I do not loose the info

Dilu

In my experience Super Sculpey is the best, also Cernit (but it is harder to work).  Unfortunately, SSculpey only comes in a yucky pink, so you will have to mix some normal Sculpey or some Fimo into it.  The reason I prefer SSculpey is that it is stronger than the other two and more receptive to fine sculpting.

I think there is a website called polymer clay central, which has loads of information on it.  haven't checked it for a few years so try googling it first:)

Hope this helps!!!
Chris

Thanks Chris- Actually I found them and they also had leather cording....I love it when I can get more than one supply at the same site...I will try your suggestions. 

Say, can paint be mixed in with the yucky pink Femo?

Dilu

Board footer