Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tami E Tami Eveslage Original Teddy Bears
Milford Ohio

Hello, All!

I have been reading Toby's thread about a swap. While I see that many folks are busy this time of year, I would like to organize a swap for anyone who is interested at this time. As it is a Teddy Bear Ornament Exchange, perhaps more people could find the time to participate. This will be a COMPLETELY RANDOM swap and part of the fun is that you must keep the name I draw for you a secret! (You will not likely have the same person who has you.) I will draw a name for each participant and send them a Private Message with the name and address of their match.The idea of this swap is to create a Teddy Bear Christmas Tree ornament for your partner. The scale of this project should make it easier for mailing and perhaps quicker to complete this busy time of year. Here is one simple idea. (I made this last year using a pattern from a free online class from Nancy Tillberg---Thanks Nancy)
I'm sure the creative folks on this site will think of many more!

IMG_2302.JPG

Here is how to participate:

1. Send me a PM containing your user name, your full name, and your mailing address by November 12, 2006.

2. I will send you a PM with your partner's name and address. PLEASE keep it a secret! Everyone loves a nice Christmas surprise! (Remember, the person who's name you have is not necessarily the one who has your name.)

3. Make a lovely Teddy Bear ornament for your partner. Be sure to add a string or cord for hanging it. Wrap it nicely and make a tag revealing yourself to your partner.

4. Ship the ornament so it will arrive by December 24, 2006 for a wonderful Christmas surprise.

5. Post a photo of the ornament YOU receive on Teddy Talk for all to enjoy!

Merry Christmas!!!

Aleta - The Silly Bear The Silly Bear
Portland, Oregon
Website

What a lovely idea!  How thoughtful of you to organize it too.  bear_flower

Warmest bear hugs,  :hug:
Aleta

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Tami.... a BRILLIANT idea! bear_flower

And well thought out and executed!!!

I just designed some ornaments on paper today so I'm ready to get to work!!! :)

Thanks for doing this for us! It's gonna be fun! :dance:

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:

Milford Ohio

Thanks gals! I do think it will be fun! I love surprises!

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Oh I lOVE this idea and think you are wonderful to organize everything.   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

Mo Beary Mo Bear Designs
Redcliff, Alberta, Canada
Website

I love this.  It won't take a lot of time but is such a nice surprise!!!

Jane

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

What a wonderful idea, Tami! I've been thinking of Christmas ornament ideas lately anyway.  bear_original Sounds like lots of fun and I really like the idea of it being a surprise. Thanks for organizing this. bear_thumb

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

Tami,
Great post!  Great idea!  Count me in!!!  And the ornament you made is just darling.  I'd love to have that guy hanging on my tree!!!  One question - does the teddy bear need to be made of fur?

Milford Ohio

Connie, I say let your creativity run wild.

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

This sound like fun!!!!!  It's short, sweet, to the point and won't cost a fortune in postage!
I'm excited already....I just LOVE bear_wub  surprises!!!!
Well done Tami bear_thumb

AndreaM bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original  bear_original

Stellajella Wien

Tami, what a smashing idea!!!! bear_wub
Just love it!
I just need to make a rough time calculation to see if I can make it....

Gaby bear_flower

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

I wish I could do this but I am not to the point that I can make my own sewing patterns yet.

Stellajella Wien

Jenn, well, let´s ask Tami, but I think, you could also use a pattern of somebody else, like she mentioned above...
Tami, did I understand that correctly???

Gaby bear_flower

Milford Ohio
Stellajella wrote:

Jenn, well, let´s ask Tami, but I think, you could also use a pattern of somebody else, like she mentioned above...
Tami, did I understand that correctly???

Gaby :rose:

Absolutely! We want to make this fun and stress free! bear_thumb

K Pawz Guest

Awesome idea Tami....You Rock!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

For those who need a pattern, Jodi was kind enough to share a project awhile ago.  It would be perfect for this swap.   It would be nice to make use of the terrific instructions and hard work she put into creating the tutorial. 

Here is a link:  http://www.teddy-talk.com/viewtopic.php?id=10336

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

Oh Boy !!!! Sounds like Fun !!!

Thanks so much for coming up with the idea.

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Woo Hooo!!!    The gollies are turning summersaults.....gollysaults....its been a bleak day here....dark and dreary rain....

What a fabulaous idea!

We're in....we love teddies

gollyhugs
dilu

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Great idea Tami!  :clap: It sounds like a very fun way to do a swap. Christmas surprises are some of the very best kind! bear_original

Milford Ohio

I'm so glad there is so much interest in this.  :dance:  It should be fun!

Here is another idea for folks who may not want to make their own pattern. It's a class at Ebearz with Nancy Tillberg. It starts kind of late, but it is a fast class, so it could still fit our timeline.

http://www.kranbearys.com/EbearZ/HangingAround.htm

bear_flower  bear_flower

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

So inquiring minds want to know (OK, I'm being just plain nosey! bear_tongue )..............

How many have you got participating so far, Tami??? Don't need a list, just a number!

:hug:

Milford Ohio

16 so far and we have until the 12th of November to collect names, so I expect there will be more, Daphne!

Milford Ohio

We have 20 participants so far!  :dance:  On Sunday November 12th I'll stop taking names and on Monday I'll I'll draw the names. There is still time to join in if anyone else is interested. bear_original

Marion Acid Attic Bears
Versailles

Can oversea people play too ? The shipping cost are far more expensive I'm afraid... :/
edit : if it's not a problem, I would love to play too  :dance:

Amanda Pandy Potter Bears
Staffordshire, UK

Count me in! Brill idea.

Board footer