Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

articrose On The Brite Side

I have a kiln and have done some small jewelry type of glass fusing and ect. I have been thinkin on making my own glass eyes. I would have to make my own molds which wouldnt be hard but I am trying to figure out how to make a way to attach them, any ideas or would they work just having aflat back and gluing them on?

I saw a technique I want to try for some different type of eye, you take copper foil and with those scrap booking punches that have different designs you cut out a pattern from the foil, lay it onto the glass and cover it with a clear glass then fuse, so i could make eyes with stars in them or hearts, any other ideas?

I could even make designer jewelry for the bears with that technique, make some with bear paws or? I saw some posts on how some are tired of the same old accesories, I could do some special order glass items if you have any ideas. I also have some ceramic  clay, trying to figure out some cute accesories I can make with clay, Ideas please!!!!
Sheri

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Sheri, from what I've seen, most glass eyes have a wire in the back so that they can be sewn into the bear's head---not entirely certain how that works since I've never used 'em, I think one strings the thread thru the loop and then just PULLS a whole lot---but anyways, I know the polymer fairy people also buy eyes for use in their creations, so that might be another venue for you to check out. 

If you have ceramic clay, I suggest you check out eBay and search OOAK---that will give you tons of examples of what people are doing with clay, soft-sculpture, etc.

Amelia  bear_original

plushkinbear BEAR ME SHOOTKA
Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Sheri, we have an Russain artist who makes OOAK glass eyes. And I use them too on my bears.
They have a wire loop on the back side.
Here is her website http://www.wool-bulb.com/glazki.html

Hugs, Julia  :hug:

I posted a message but it never came thru so will try again, about the russian glass eye artist, I went to her site and was mesmerized with her eyes, just beautiful. I wanted to email her but didnt see an email addy?
Sheri

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Sheri, I know!  bear_thumb  I have eyes of hers ( I mean those beautiful glass eyes)   :crackup:  Just amazing!
www.wool-bulb.com this is main page. She does not only eyes but she is a master of felting (wet & needle) and she makes bears as well.

here is her mail address www.wool-bulb.com/gde.html
If you would need any help please ask!

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

WOW I love those glass eyes Julia.  There is a couple of sets there I would dearly love.
Unfortunately I dont read Russian. :doh:  bear_grin  I couldnt find a translation button.
I liked her critters as well. She is one very talented Lady.
Thankyou for posting the link. bear_thumb

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Hi
Wow I love some of those eyes...and the pink elephant!
I'm not sure if it helps because it is a literal translation and some parts of it don't make sense in English (at least for me but who knows...it could be me bear_grin !)
but You can go here:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/tr and enter the webpage addy that you want to translate.

Cheryl bear_flower

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

:hug: If you ladies need help ordering eyes I might help. I know very well Ksenia and I'm going to order more eyes for my bears next month. You could join to my order.  bear_laugh

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Sheri have you started making eyes yet????
We're all waiting bear_grin  :dance:  bear_grin  :dance:  bear_thumb

Vladivostok, RUSSIA

Yes, Sheri! Please, show us your eyes!  bear_laugh

Julia

As soon as I get some made I will most definately post some photos. I am still in the palnning stages of trying to figure out how to put a loop in the glass for attaching. I might go to our glass place here and talk with the gla there about some ideas.
Sheri

Board footer