Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

The fabric has come apart on the foot. With crossed fingers I am praying that I dont have to make another  one because I have already jointed it.
Is there any help for my problem? or am I doomed to make another leg? bear_rolleyes
I have already made 4 ears for this little terror. :redface:  Must admit he is cute. bear_grin
Thankyou in advance
WEndy

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Could you possibly try ladder stitching it?

WA

MMMMmmm I'm not too sure if that would work because I have to keep it matched to the other one.
I think that I just may be stalling the inevitable and a new leg and foot or at least a new foot is called for.
I only just finished fixing the broken cotterpin in the arm!!! ggrrhhh bear_grin  bear_grin

WA

OK Gemma I took the bull by the horns and did as you suggested...........AND..........
It worked!!!!!!!.
I'm all thumbs with this little one and I truely believed I just wouldnt be able to sew it with out making it worse.
Well shame on Me for having such self doubts. :redface:  bear_grin
Now this littleun is almost finished :dance:  bear_grin

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Well Wendy don't keep us waiting...post the picture. I want to see your "littleun" (love that phrase). ladder stich is a life saver with split seams. so glad it worked for you....

Michelle

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Glad it worked Wendy! Now where are the pics?? :photo:

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Did you do the same to the other foot for consistancy? or did it matter ? was the fur long enough to cover things up?  Where's the piccy?

Common Miss Wendy....inquiring minds and all that....

Board footer