Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.
Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

Hi everyone,

I just found a Malden Mills baby blue vintage long pile chair.  I've found several colors in the past, but I have never found baby blue.  It is so pretty!    :dance:  :dance:  :dance:

I am just so excited today.  The chair had a SOLD sign on it.  I felt my heart fall into my stomach.  But the sign stated that if the item wasn't picked up in 24 hours that it could be re-sold.  It had sat for 3 days so the manager sold it to me.   :dance:  :dance:  :dance:  Yeah, I'm dancing again!!

Maybe someday I will find white or cream vintage long pile.

hugs,
Sheila

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Woohoo......congratulations And happy babyblue to you too!

fribblesltd fribbles, ltd.
Kalispell, Montana

Ohhhh, you lucky duck!   *turns blue with envy*  ;)

Amelia

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

I still walking on Cloud 9.  I'm waiting for the weekend so that my husband can take the upholstery off the chair for me.  Then I can go to the laundromat and have it cleaned really good.  I'm dying to cut into it!!   bear_original

hugs,
sheila

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

I'm now curious Sheila what the bears made with the babyblue fabric look like bear_thumb

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska

charlee1.JPG

matilda wrote:

I'm now curious Sheila what the bears made with the babyblue fabric look like :thumbsup:

Hi Wendy,

The bears turn out so cute.  I haven't made a bear with my blue fabric yet, but I have used many of the other colors.  Here is one of my bears made with the cream vintage long pile.  He measures 2-3/4 inches.

hugs, Sheila

chrissibrinkley Posts: 1,836

LUCKY DOG!!!!  I'm ALWAYS looking for a chair, sofa, curtains or SOMETHING.  I'm hitting a ton of shops down the shore after Thanksgiving..maybe I'll strike it "rich". bear_original   I just found some babyblue in an auction...really really pretty stuff. I'm waiting for a spring bear theme to use my tiny little square.

LUCKY GIRLIE YOU ARE!!!! 

:hug:
~Chrissi

Batwrangler Posts: 17
sheilaleigh wrote:

I just found a Malden Mills baby blue vintage long pile chair.

Can I ask a stupid question? How can you tell what fabric a chair is upholstered in? Are they labeled or is it just a matter of being familiar enough with the fabric to recognize it when you see it?

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Wow....you are a lucky duck....Have fun with it and do post pictures with your creations....

Michelle

Batwrangler wrote:
sheilaleigh wrote:

I just found a Malden Mills baby blue vintage long pile chair.

Can I ask a stupid question? How can you tell what fabric a chair is upholstered in? Are they labeled or is it just a matter of being familiar enough with the fabric to recognize it when you see it?

Not a stupid question at all.  Once you've handled the malden mills vintage fabrics up close or maybe even viewed some really good pictures of it....you would be able to spot a piece of it anywhere. If you stumbled across a chair or something flip it over and look to see if an area of the fabrics backing is exposed...that white grid backing is what you're looking for.  From short to the extra long pile, it's harder to find and really sought after by soft sculpture artists. The Halloween Bear under my avatar is made from both short (body in orange) and long pile (browns). Most of my mini's are created with it, I just love the stuff.  I'm using it right now this morning actually bear_original
I have dreams of stumbling across a bolt of it someday in my travels (how COOL would that be??).  One can dream bear_grin

~Chrissi

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hello: I know it is not Malden Mills but Sassy's has something simular. If you call or e-mail Stephanie at Sassy's she can guide you on what to buy to get as close to Malden Mill as possible. It really is great fur to work with.

Michelle

sheilaleigh Sheila Leigh
Lincoln, Nebraska
chrissibrinkley wrote:

LUCKY DOG!!!!  I'm ALWAYS looking for a chair, sofa, curtains or SOMETHING.  I'm hitting a ton of shops down the shore after Thanksgiving..maybe I'll strike it "rich". bear_original   I just found some babyblue in an auction...really really pretty stuff. I'm waiting for a spring bear theme to use my tiny little square.

LUCKY GIRLIE YOU ARE!!!! 

~Chrissi

Hi Chrissi,

I always love hearing from you!!  This is the first light blue chair that I had ever found.  I'm glad to hear that you found some on ebay.  I'm sure you will make something really cute.

hugs,
Sheila

sheilaleigh wrote:

Hi Chrissi,

I always love hearing from you!!  This is the first light blue chair that I had ever found.  I'm glad to hear that you found some on ebay.  I'm sure you will make something really cute.

hugs,
Sheila

Same here Sheila (teach!) bear_original
First light blue....you've found others??  You'll have to PM me the secrets of finding.  I'm always looking, but no luck so far. 
Someday, Someday (any color :pray: !!):lol:

~Chrissi

Board footer