Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

Flynn.jpgflynn2.jpgwell....it has literally been years since I have made a bear this big.....
I have been thinking about making some bigger bears again simply because I've been seeing all the beautiful mohairs that everyone has been using lately and have been longing to try some.

I decided I should finish one of my half done bigger bears from a few years ago to see if I could even make a big bear....and Flynn was the first one I pulled out.

Whilst there are a few things I would change about Flynn I am pretty pleased with the way he turned out.   My patterns that I use now are completely different to this design - Flynn is much longer and leaner in proportion and his feet much smaller.  As much as a bear is a bear, it required totally different thinking to put Flynn together - a lot of the techniques I use on my bigger bears (eyes, jointing etc) are way different and it took me a while to remember!  :redface:

Whaddya think?  SHould I make some more big bears?   I am still a bit unsure!    bear_sad

majdle Posts: 130
Website

Flynn is sooo cute!!! I - WANT -MORE!!!

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

I think he is absolutely wonderful - DEFINATELY make more!  bear_wub

Tammy Beckoning Bears
Nova Scotia
Website

Melissa he is really adorable. I think I like both your big and small bears.  It's great that you can do both so well !

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Oh my GOODNESS!  Personally, I think Flynn is ADORABLE and I'd love to see you make more big babies!

Kimberly W.

melissa Honeythorpe Bears
Wellington, New Zealand
Website

thanks guys for your kind comments....I am seriously considering making a few more big bears (though I am working on anothe incher at the moment  bear_tongue  )  Mohair is so much fun....I can see by tiny box of mostly scraps rapidly expanding in the next few months  bear_whistle  bear_whistle  bear_whistle

PeachtreeCottage Peachtree Cottage
Georgia
Website

Definitely make more, He's waaaay ADORABLE !

/bearhugs,

bearsbyTracey BearsbyTracey
Wellington, New Zealand

Good on you Melissa.  He looks great!!

ConnieB Cincinnati, Ohio

What a pretty bear!  Love that swirly mohair!!!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Whats happening Melissa!  lol   bear_laugh  I love your big bears.  So cute, and I love his eyes, adorable!  Bet they are easier to sculpt and shade than the teensies you're used to.  I can never keep to one size, it makes bear making more exciting and interesting...go for it I say  bear_thumb

and just had to comment on learning how to sew big bears again!  Its amazing isn't it how you foget...its almost like your hands are trained, you work blindly after a while, your hands just know what to do and then you have to teach them again when you do something new..or even have a break from bearmaking.

newbearland Christchurch, New Zealand

He is gorgeous - see told you you shouldn't give up the big bears as you are obviously a master of both big and mini bears.  Love em!!

Board footer