Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

We had good news from the vet yesterday.  Well sort of good news.......depends on how you look at it I guess. bear_wacko Anyway, the female kitties are all NOT preggers! That's great in the sense their won't be tons of kittens needing homes, but the girls won't be taken in by foster families now.  I will keep them instead........they will all be spayed on Dec 1 to the tune of $175 (really should be spending that on Christmas presents, darn it bear_sad ).   I also have to worm them each week for the next three weeks (the last worming will be at the clinic) as they are FULL OF WORMS!!  That's why I thought they were all pregnant........they have worms that bad. bear_sad  Whomever had these cats didn't care for them well at all.  They are all very sweet, loving kitties, too. bear_wub Guess it's up to me now to love them back, the poor babies.

I don't know if it will do any good.......probably not.......but I decided I'm going to write a scathing letter to the editor of our local paper.  I hope they will let me submit it without my name signed as I'm afraid that will really make me a target.  Might give someone else the idea! bear_wacko Anyway, I am going to put a plug in there about what the Animal Protection and Education Charity is doing.......I know lots of people still don't know about them.  Maybe it will help to get at least 1 or 2 people on the right track. :pray:

thumperantiques Newcastle, Ontario

Hi Tracy,
     I'm glad the cats aren't going to have kittens but it is unthinkable that someone would have cats in such ill health!  I know it's hard for you to keep them all, but maybe tha organization will help you find homes for them anyway?  At least they are getting vet care and will be healthy - thank you for looking after them all.  I think writing a letter to the paper would make you feel much better, even if it doesn't accomplish anything. Hopefully  the person who is dropping off the cats will see it!  Take care and have a lovely weekend.

hugs,

Brenda

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Tracy: what good news. You really are a good person to take care of the unwanted animals. There is spot in heaven for you...

Michelle

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Tracy, I'm glad to hear the kitties aren't pregnant, although it is sad to know they are so worm-infested that you thought they were pregnant. Poor babies. Well, now they have you so they are a million times better off. Bless your heart for caring for these kitties and giving them a home.  :hug:

Pipa UK

Oh those poor kitties. sounds like they have had a rough time of it !!!  bear_noexpression

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Oh Tracy, it's good news, but bad news.  Are you going to try to re-home the cats?  Aren't there people in your community who woudl take on an adult cat??  Maybe you could make a  plea in the paper?

Danni

Dilu Posts: 8,574

Hoooray!!!!  Congratualtions! I am so happy that you don't have to go through that...

Tracy ThimbleBeary Originals
Iowa
Website

It is a mixed blessing..........I had so hoped a couple of them at least would be going to a foster home.  Wish one in particular had.......she was hit on the road this afternoon and we lost her. bear_cry I didn't have the little sweetie long, but managed to get quite attached to her already. bear_cry  bear_cry

I am going to try to find homes for them if I can.......as soon as they are bit healthier.  It will be awhile to get them there I'm afraid.  I just hope the rest of them stay away from the road.  Our other cats do for the most part........they seem to know it's a dangerous place to play.  I have a feeling these new kitties aren't used to a road so close to the house bear_sad ..........or the home they came from didn't have as much traffic as we do.  If I could, I would bring them into my own home, but we have 4 cats and 3 dogs inside already.  New additions would not go over well with either the dogs or my husband! bear_wacko

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

Oh, Tracy, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. It really doesn't take long to get attached to a sweet kitty, does it? I hope the other cats will be careful.  :hug:

I Love Teddies South Florida
Website

Tracy, I'm so sorry about the kitty.  bear_cry  bear_cry   You are so nice for taking care of them.   :hug:

Board footer