Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn
No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting

articrose On The Brite Side

DSC01068.JPGI finished my first felted items. I did the teddy first then the dog using my dogs hair. tried to make it look like an australian shepherd lying down but it looks like a collie, sheltie ect.

DSC01071.JPGdidnt see the dog come thru so will do it again

tuppies teddies Tuppies Teddies
Lindenow, Central Gippsland

These little ones are terrific.  How on earth did you felt your dogs hair?  My maltese is due for a trim shortly maybe I should try that too, it sounds like a great idea to try..

I use the undercoat from brushing them, its finer. I used wool as the base then needle felted the dog hair over that, wasnt hard actualy. felted right up. I am in the process of spinning asome dog hair too. spins up nice and with the colors of my dogs it makes it interesting shade wise. I'm going to weave some scarves out of them.
Sheri

Judi Luxembears
Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Sheri, Very nice.  I like even more that you used your dags hair. :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: \

Denise, I am not so sure that a Maltese's hair could be needle felted...I have a Malitpoo( maltese crossed with toy poodle) and they don't have under coats.  I may be wrong but that is what I am leaning towards.  If you try it let us know how it turns out.

matilda Matilda Huggington-beare
WA

Well now, they are great for first ones!!!! cant wait to see more bear_thumb  :dance:
I love the way you have posed your dog. bear_thumb

Dilu Posts: 8,574

WOw!  What a great start!!!  You are almost a pro, eh?

Are you totally hooked on needlefelting?

Wonderful little kritters

gollyhugs
dilu

thanks for the compliments  bear_rolleyes I am hooked, a very good thing to do while kicked back in the recliner and watching TV, or listening, I hit my fingers a few times when looking away, not a thing to do  :redface:
Sheri

BearBottoms 'Bear' Bottoms Originals
Ft. Bragg, NC

Great felted critters, Sheri!  I felt my dog's hair, too!  I have a Bernese Mountain Dog and his undercoat is perfectly wooly for felting.  I get a good full grocery bag off of him when I brush him right after his bath, plus it's nice and clean already! 

Yeah, I've learned the all-too-important lesson: Don't get engrossed in T.V. while felting... lol

Here's another, although perhaps some people can manage: Don't felt while riding in a car.  I've fallen victim far too many times to bumps in the road. lol

Kimberly W.

Kathleen Pa

I love your little dog.  I'm going to try using my dogs fur.  What a cool idea.

Kathleen

Board footer