Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier
Tedsby - Handmade teddy bears and other cute stuffed animals. Hundreds of teddy artists from all over the world and thousands of OOAK creations.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

I am looking for a few names of artists who make dogs..... in particular will make ones to look like beloved pets. I only do Wheaten Terriers as I have a couple of real live models. I do not have a desire to take my business in the dog direction further but am often asked if I could make a dog to look like someone's pet. I'd love to be able to refer these folks to one of you. I know of some artists who don't participate on TT that make dogs. Just looking for a few more artists to add to the list to give customers a choice of quality, price, appearance, etc.

Thanks for letting me know if you do dogs!!!

Hugs,
Daphne

K Pawz Guest

I have just ventured into this world Daphne, as an experiment...will post pics when he is done, and let you know how I make out...although this one isn't of anyone's pet, but you never know where it will go!!!

Hugs,
Krista

Shelli SHELLI MAKES
Chico, California
Website

Shelli Retired Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Michelle Lamb has been making some really wonderful, realistic dogs lately.

millie PottersHouse Bears
Ohio

IM000472.JPGI have made a few dogs that were replicas of pets.  Most of them were made using pictures of the dogs for details.  I have made yorkies, a rat terrier, a peke, a pink poodle and a cocker mix.  The picture is of the peke I made.

Gatehouse Bears Gatehouse Gallery
Lockwood, Victoria, Australia

cavaliers.jpgHi Daphne,

Just arrived home from judging trips to Japan and India and thought I'd catch up on TT.

I still do dogs and I have made special orders for people who want a copy of their own pet.

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

There is a lady named Tammy who does Dogs.  I don't know her last name but she is good!  She does this without arms.

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Thanks, Jenn. Tammy Hendricks is who you are thinking of. She does have arms though she was born with only one hand. She's a lovely person and does make amazing dogs.

Glenys and Millie, thank you! I've added you to my list! It's nice to be able to recommend fellow TTers!

Jennskains Posts: 2,203

My mistake! :doh:  I am very impressed with her work though. :hug:

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Glenys and Nina, beautiful doggies.  Tammy Hendricks is amazing isn't she!!  Mary Holstad (sp?) is another...

doodlebears Doodlebears
UK

doodlebears Celebration Ambassador

Jacqui is a friend of mine, her work is awesome.  I have one of her Cavalier King Charles spaniels and it is outstanding.

Here are some of Jacqui Wickenden's dogs.

JCWBears1.jpg
JCWBears2.jpg
JCWBears3.jpg

Hugs Jane.  bear_thumb

Daphne Back Road Bears
Laconia, NH USA

Got 'em Jane and Tammy!
Thanks! bear_original

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Lisa Pay does realistic dogs.

I have been attempting them but not to the standard Iwould like!

K Pawz Guest

Hi Daphne, as promised here is a picture of the one I just finished and listed on eBay, more details can be found in the Bears for Sale section.
Hugs,
Krista
asha5.jpg

AndreaM Drea's Bears
Ontario

AWWWWWW!
Krista that little dog is adorable, he'll (she'll?) be adopted in no time!

AndreaM

rufnut Rufnut Teddy's
Victoria Australia

Daphne, I always loved Nancy Sholtey's (NancyAndFriends) work I noticed she hasn't posted for a while  bear_sad

Board footer