Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Teddy Bear Academy - Online teddy bear making classes
Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca

bearlyart Canna Bear Paint
NY

If anyone needs to print up photos to enter into the competitions (deadlines coming this month and next for Golden Teddies and TOBYs), here's an FYI.  I think it was SueAnn last year that recommended getting your digital images printed through Winkflash online.  They are currently offering a sale to new members, 50 free 4"x6" prints on your first order (and 4"x6" happens to be a perfect size for competition entries)!  My total was a whopping $0.99 for shipping.  We are not discussing how much I spent last year running around between local camera shops and trying to get good prints made that way... grrrr. 

http://www.winkflash.com/default.asp

Click on "digital photo prints" on the lefthand side of the screen.  The first item was "50 free prints", and that's where you get the coupon code to use during checkout.  I don't know how long the sale will last though!

Cheers,
Kelly

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

You are absolutely correct, Kelly . . . I thought Winkflash did an excellent job on my prints.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

I had some prints made last month from 2 different places and they were all cropped off and did not look centered at all like the digital photos did.  The guy at the camera place told me you can't center the photos with a point and shoot digital camera, but you can with a SLR, because more like a 35mm you get what you see through the lens (if you know what I mean)......hubby and I have planned to buy a SLR for christmas anyway.
But just wondering those of you without a SLR how are you centering your pictures???

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_wacko  What does SLR mean?  And why don't they center the lens so you can see what you're photoing? 

I had all sorts of fun the year I had to get my 35mm camera to do closeups.  I was shooting blind up and to the left.  Not my idea of a great photo shoot  bear_sad

That Winkflash looks excellent!  Thanks for the link again.  I lost mine when we wiped our computer.

TamiL Dolls N Dreams
Aurora, Colorado

SLR means Single -Lens reflex , you can change the lenses on these cameras. They are more like a 35mm.

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Thanks for th link again! Like Debbie I lost mine when my computer crashed last summer. My husband is always complaining about not being able to get good professional prints form our digital. This should make him happy! bear_thumb

Board footer