Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb
Shelli Makes - Teddy bears & other cheerful things by Shelli Quinn

TeddyTyke Posts: 65

bear_grin

I was about to hint for a Barbara Ann bear kit for Xmas, but then I got this month's 'Teddy Bear Club International' - and there it is! A Barbara Ann pattern!  I already bought some hand dyed mohair from her (lovely lady she is, too) at my first Teddy Bear Fair, in Sept.  So I'm set to make that bear now!

Anyone else seen/making/has made in the past a Barbara Ann bear?

For those of you who haven't seen her work:

www.barbara-annbears.co.uk

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

those bears are lovely.
NOw all you have to do is give a hint for the fabric for Xmas!

beary_clairey Luton

I also have seen that pattern. I think I might give that one a go myself !!!

Hugs

Claire

Pumpkin & Pickle Bears Pumpkin & Pickle Bears
East Sussex

Barbara Ann's bears are fabulous! She trades at Hugglets and she was also at Hove on Sunday - her bears are even more spectacular 'in the fur'.

Yes Pumpkin - I saw them at the Leeds Fair. They really are gorgeous, eh? The dragons, too. My kids loved them!

I'm a beginning bear maker, and have only made 'traditional' shaped bears up to now, so it's going to be a great experience and learning curve for me, to try this! Just cut it out this afternoon... Some lovely pink and grey curly mohair from Barbara Ann's stall, and a little creamy schulte for the tummy... This is also Bear No 10 for me, and the first one I'm making for myself! (All the other 9 for my 5 sons and my neice!) So I can't wait to get sewing!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

Oh enjoy making it.  I rarely keep any of my bears, even when I say I will they seem to find their ways to new homes anyway.

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Did you venture on the stage at the Leeds Fair? That is where I was on stand no 20, did you come and say hello? It is my favourite fair because it was the first fair I exhibited at almost 10 years ago!
I live just round the corner in Farsley! so not far to travel
hugs Kerren

cherylbruinwerks Bruinwerks
Edmonton

Did everybody know but me that you can read the whole TBCI magazine on their website? :doh:
The pattern is there too!
Normally I would encourage you to buy the mag but I can't find it anywhere here anymore and a subscription is astronomical in price.
Cheryl bear_flower

Kerren I did venture onto the stage there - it was pretty busy when I was there, so I didn't get to chat to many stallholders! All the bears I saw there were wonderful. I was getting bear making supplies, and I'd only been making bears a few weeks so it was all a bit overwhelming! Hope to go to the next one, too.  I live near York so I think the Leeds Fair has to be the nearest for us all year, eh?

Was up that way again recently, as we're re-enactors and get cloth at the Hainsworth's Mill Shop and whilst there, went across to bonds the wholesale haberdashery! Got some odds and ends for my bear making there, too!

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

Bonds is in walking distance from my house, in fact you can see my house from bonds, just over the rooftop of the dentist! i buy all my bits and bobs from Bonds.
Do come and say hello at the next Pudsey fair,
hugs Kerren

Board footer