Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

articicle Posts: 119

WHAT IS THE FINAL TOUCH FOR A GREAT BEAR???

I was trying to think about something nice to add to a bear to make it special...

I was thinking some kind of
birth certificate
adoption papers
shrinky dink (shrinking plastic) tag
maybe a embrodered mark on its paw pad...
a miniature bear for a larger one?

lulu sweet souls
canton, new york

I think the final touch would be something that is uniquely you.  Is there something that you're especially interested in that ties in with your bears' look?....  Maybe  a little envelope made from some funky fabric ... and inside the envelope you could put the bear's specific info/tag/signature card.... maybe with a vintage button closing... ?
Let your imagination run wild....

LuLu  :0)

Delartful Bears Delartful Bears
Australia

Cool idea LuLu!!!!!

I'm boring, I just send a certificate........ LOL
Danni

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

I send a certificate also, and some times a picture of the bear or one of me with my signature on it . What ever I have at the time.But it is always good to have your own thing that is special to you, I just haven't thought of one for me yet . :crackup:

heartsez Hearts Ease Bears
Fairfax,Vermont

my hang tags have included a birth certificate for a few years now ( on the back)..its cute and i update the design everynow and again or for the holidays,,but once you put on there when a bear was made,,its kind of a shelf life to some people..so be forwarned! i love the primitive tags! they are so unique and so individual!  i agree it should reflect your style! i know some artists make special things to go around the neck..some include stuff f or the bear to take to their new home,,the scrap art stuff is way cool too, i'd go to the book store an dlook thru the craft book at OTHER crafts to see what appeals to you persoanlyy and work form there!  have fun deb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

I usually handwrite a specific card for each animal going out and specially package them, but I've had a rethought on my packaging....though careful, its not as exciting as some of the wrapped bears I've received from other artists.  So now I try to at least use some festive curling ribbons or tissue paper....anything that makes the person unwrapping it think of it as the special treat it is.

I agree with the others, though, you'll find what's right for you  bear_happy  That finishing touch that just says "MINE!"

Bonnie Mountain Dreamer Bears
wooly woods of Missouri, USA

Hi Articicle!
Good question. One I've been kicking around for a while now. I currently include a hang tag and a certificate. I would like to add some sort of unique identifying detail... I don't know what exactly yet. I'm thinking of a tush button maybe. If I ever get around to designing it that is! bear_wacko
If you look in the library under 'Hangtaqgs/Tush tags' there are lots of ideas.

P.S. Welcome to TT! :dance:

Fairfax,Vermont

Bonnie i love the reindeer! i need a new avatar and 8 more hrs in the day!  What does Aritcicle mean? its a cool word..is it a word or name..am i being rude? sorry tired ..the photo programs are fun to play with and try new stuff..its amazing what you can do with just printmaster! thats where i designed most of my business cards and tags,, deb i know what you mean about the packaging!  its that first impressiom when they open the box! i sent one baer with a box full of silk fall leaves so she wouldnt be homesick for VT! the lady loved it. off to bed..looongg day!

The Articicle is my way to find something memorable.

Art  (I am an artist, graphic arts and cartoonist)
icicle (cool)

art thats cool

thanks for all the ideas everyone.  I think since I have done my first bear with buttons maybe a button on all my bears will be my mark.

Michelle Helen Chaska, Minnesota

Hello Articicle. You have a big advantage bing a graphic designer. Why don't you design a button with an image that represents your style. There are a lot of places that could make those buttons for you in mass production and keep your specific button in their profile for when you order more....just a thought...

Michelle

Fairfax,Vermont

articicle..thats cool! no pun intended! very original and nice description! how about an icicle or ice cube? with each bear around the neck?  buttons come in odd shapes,,
looking forward to seeing the results! been checking put everybodies bears and websites! loved them all! but seriosly deb//"debbie webbie"??!! the dreaded doesnt rhyme nickname of all of us debbies!!?  shes wicked cute tho! LOL  deb

oh the ideas of maybe a tiny icicle (maybe christmas ornimants) or a graphic arts button are great.

you know with my first bear I actually was playing away from my normal strengths, because I told the woman I am courting it would have been easy to sculpt or draw you a bear... I had never sewn a bear and really don't sew. 

thanks for wonderful ideas and brainstorming all... and thanks for the warm welcomes.

-articicle

Board footer