Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

No Monkey Biz - Domain name registration, hosting
Intercal Trading Group - Your mohair supplier

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

For the weekend
I will drive 10 hours tomorrow (Friday) with DH and 4 girls (which is why we are driving it is too hard to work flying and all the other factors)
got to a party Saturday travel back Sunday and die Monday!
See you then!!  DOn't have too much fun without me!

Sandi.S. Posts: 1,277

10 hours with 4 girls? I must say, I don't envy you! bear_laugh Best wishes, Bronwen, for a safe and fun trip!

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

hehe, I don't envy you either lol.  Have fun  bear_grin

kerrenmorris K M Bears
UK
Website

it is bad enough driving to the bear fairs with one girl and that is not more than two hours usually!
All the best Kerren

SueAnn Past Time Bears
Double Oak, Texas

SueAnn Help Advisor, Banner Sponsor

Aaaaaack!  Have a great time!!

patsylakebears Patsy Lake Bears
Sydney

Have a good time Bron and stay safe.

sarahjane Brisbane

bear_shocked  Bron...are you MAD!!!!!

Good luck and have a great time when you get there!!!!  bear_laugh

clare14 Country Bears
England

Awwww Bron, don't be gone too long!!   bear_wub    Have a wonderful party!!!   :hug:  :hug:  :dance:  :dance:

karenaus Melbourne
Website

I hope its a reallllllllllly good party Bron! after all that effort... you are brave bear_original Travel safe!

Carolyn Green Draffin Bears
Auckland New Zealand
Website

Have a great weekend Bronwen and enjoy your party.

Hugs
Carolyn
bear_flower

Ripley, Queensland

We made it with our sanity intact but I cheated knowing how my girls are i invested in a portable DVD player with 2 screens they watched 6 movies down and 6 movies back.  It kept them quiet.
UNfortunately my girls get sick, so they can't read or colour or play board games. BElieve me it's not a good move.
But the DVDs are a sanity saver.

Jodi Falk Bears by Jodi
Gahanna , Ohio USA

GOD'S speed !!!!!

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

bear_shocked You're gone and back again before I could 'well wish'!   bear_shocked   Somehow that's not fair   bear_cry   I'll bet the dvds were a true godsend.  I was gonna say how driving can create such memories that half a lifetime from now the girls would remember, but 6 hours of movie watching straight?  Well, I guess that would leave an impression, but not exactly what I'd meant  bear_whistle  Nevermind, you've survived it and that's the most important part  bear_thumb  :hug:

Ripley, Queensland

We do play games too but the younger ones are too small for a lot of the games.  They get restless when we try to involve them.
BUT we won't be using it all the time as car games can be great too.  We do a lot of travel but such a quick round trip is not alot of fun for anyone.

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

Says you!  bear_happy   Hubby and I adore travelling a state or two within two days, and I fully attribute that to our parents taking us on massive roadtrips when we were young.  Hubby's gone clear across the US and Canada as a 7 year old, and I've travelled across ten US States on one two week long trip alone to see relatives as a youth.  Believe me, we did the roadtrip games ~ yawn! Boring, builds character...but what I DO remember is what I saw outside the glass as we travelled the interstate  bear_shocked   The landscape changed so drastically from state to state.  And that's what impressed my hubby as well as a youth ~ the varying landscape as you travel hour after hour, state after state.  Its like it ever so gradually morphs into something totally alien from what you're used ot  bear_tongue   And that's part of the adventure!

I know its a new movie, but "Cars" had one of the best lines ever...when waxing nostaligic over Route 66 (which for the record, I was born and raised in Missouri, and had NO clue, had never heard of Route 66 til 2004)  They said in the movie "Back then people didn't travel Route 66 to make great time, they travelled it to have a great time."  Its very subtle, but very key.  Not just for a roadtrip, but for our lives.

Jellybelly Bears Jellybelly Bears
Australia

Glad you made in back in one piece  bear_tongue   those portable dvd's are so cool.  my sister has two in her car, behind each seat for the kids.  no more fighting  bear_grin

sarahjane Brisbane

Bron glad you made it back in one piece and with your sanity intact!!! I hope you had a great time the portable dvd's sound like a fantastic idea!!!

Board footer