Skip to main content

Banner Sponsors

Johnna's Mohair Store - Specializing in hand dyed mohair and alpaca
Past Time Bears - Artist bears designed and handcrafted by Sue Ann Holcomb

DebbieD Posts: 3,540

If you love horses, you're in for a treat!!!  I don't know who I was more in awe of...the riders or that stalwart groundcrew  bear_shocked

Be sure to keep watching...it keeps getting more and more amazing, as they remove their jackets, and replace them ~ while jumping!  Then they remove their stirrups ~ and keep jumping!  And finally remove the whole saddle...  bear_shocked   and keep jumping!!  bear_shocked   That's not even mentioning the burning hoops....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE4YU2QY_Yw

Enjoy ~ its a fantastic display of not only horse and rider communication, but communication of the whole team horse, rider and groundcrew!!!

Cleathero Creations Cleathero Creations
Ripley, Queensland

IU'm there looking right now

Ripley, Queensland

bear_wub  :dance:  bear_wub  :dance:  bear_wub  :dance:  bear_wub  :dance:

:clap: Glad you approved, Bronwen  :hug:  :clap:

Ripley, Queensland

Sometimes words just don't do it!

Kingfisher Farm Teddies Kingfisher Farm Teddies and Folk Art
Illinois

I have tears in my eyes..............you gotta be a rider to appreciate this.............what they are doing is so hard. A lot of trust going on here..........and being totally in sync with your partner! I learned to jump at age 45 this year, fluffy old me on my daughters 13-3H pony..........I only fell off once..........lol. if you look on my website there is a pic of my daughter riding her. (on artist page) www.kingfisherfarm.net Pam

bear_wub Oh Pam I've just looked on your website....LOVE your horse, and your daughter's pony is soooo cute  bear_wub

I think as a rider you can fully appreciate the impeccable timing in this, but no matter who you are, its an impressive display.   :photo:

Stellajella Wien

Debbie, wow, what you found for us!
COOL!
INCREDIBLE!

I wish I could ride again....

Gaby bear_flower

Swan Valley Bears Swan Valley Bears
Penn Valley, CA

Debbie,  I'm not a horse person, but  I still had tears in my eyes watching these amazing riders and horses.  Beautiful! ! !   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Illinois

Thanks Debbie!!! I love my "sweet old man" too. He was quite the show off.........he has an easy life now! Pam

Bumpkin Bears Bumpkin Bears
Antwerp, Belgium

FANTASTIC video, I used to go to the Olympia Christmas Horse Show every year with my Mum when I was younger, it was such a treat for us.  I have seen these mounted police before there and they are truly incredible, the trust between horse and rider is so strong, with all that noise, flashing lights, jumping through fire and jumping through that paper ring - just WOW  :clap:  :clap:   I love the piccies of your horse too Pam and your daughters pony is soooo pretty,

Hugs
Catherine
xx

Illinois

Catherine you are so fortunate to be able to go to such a venue!!! I just came from cleaning the barn, it's a daily ritual, although hubby really likes to help, so I get a break from it. Thanks for your compliments, I'll tell Kiddo and Jezabelle!!! They'll be flattered!  bear_grin

Just Us Bears Just Us Bears
Australia

That's amazing Debbie...thanks for sharing. Youtube may have some rubbish but it has some great stuff too. This is one of my latest favourites...another horsey one. How majestic is this horse! I wish we had this breed in Australia. Bet they sell for a song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNLuXMk9Nps&NR

We are a horsey family too. We have Magic who is 31 and just retired...Princess who is a rescue and Georgie who is our newest aquisition. Here's a pic. She's a 16hh thoroughbred and belongs to my 13 year old daughter Anna.
Pam I love your horse..he looks pretty big too! And Jezzabelle is beautiful...I love paints. Magic is a roan pinto...looks like a paint but more flecked.

georgie.jpg

Illinois

Hayley, OH MY your beautiful Anna and Georgie, what a STUNNING PAIR!!! This is so fun to see all the other horsey talkers!! LOL!! OH, my Kiddo is only 16H too, I'm 5-9........so I make him look small lol. Pam

Oh gorgeous!!!  Your latest addition is such a great match with your daughter  bear_thumb   

Loved the link too...I know what you mean about the price though.... they're going for some really steep prices in the US right now because they're all the rage. 

I've a friend in the UK who'll hopefully be moving to Oz in a few year's time, and I think she's planning on bringing some as breeding stock with her.

Board footer